Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud/Scam/Inappropriate: Edited***

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
11 of 12

Luke - when freelancers register here on Upwork they have 2 choices. They can either

1. read the help section, Upwork's TOS and some of the discussions on here to educate themselves on working on this site. (the do's and don'ts, procedures and other important details.

OR

2. They can just jump in and go for it, learning along the way.

I see you've picked #2. Part of this jump right in learning process is to be scammed. You've passed that, and now you know what not to do and what to look out for. As to you wanting to warn others, you are post #486 of other discussions here, wanting to warn others after they themselves have been scammed. I'm sure, before the day ends today there will be at least 2 (possibly more) posts warning others about the scam that happened to them.

I think it would be in your best interest to learn a little bit more about scams and this site's procedures BEFORE applying or accepting any more jobs. You can read information on how to use this site by clicking on the question mark on the top right of the home page and by searching scams in the search box, or just read as the discussions are posted

Highlighted
Luke Carl H Member Since: May 11, 2018
12 of 12

Thanks Kathy, you are so right. I jumped right in blindly.

I will definitely educate myself on Upwork's procedures before I do anything else on the site. I didn't think I was that gullible, but I've proven myself wrong.

Thanks for your advice, 

Luke