🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Free Connects & Certification Query
Page options
neatvoice
Community Member

Free Connects & Certification Query

Morning Upwork,

I'm noew to Upwork, I've been working in the "real world" for 15 years and on other freelancer sites for years now and have only recently learned about Upwork, seems quite hard to get the ball rolling if I'm honest! Anywho,

I was wondering when the monthly connects for free users are distributed as I noticed that free users recieve X amount of free connects per month and I'm not in a position to buy anymore until work starts rolling in. I used my available connects over a month ago so assumed they would have refreshed by now or am I mistaken?

Also, on the profile completeness page, my profile is showing as 85 percent complete yet asks for certification. Given the field I am in the certification I am able to provide does not feature on the list of given certifications. I have a BA Hons in Acting for all media and was trained in Acting and voice acting at school of speech and drama and would love to provide my degree certificate, it seems that this is not a certification recognised and that my profile is destined to remain 85% complete as opposed to 100% in the given field, is there a way to amend this?

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Trevor,

All freelancers were moved to paid connects only. This means that freelancers on our Basic plan won't be receiving free connects anymore. 

Regarding your certifications, I would recommend adding them as portfolio items if they are not on our list at the moment. To learn more about how to complete your profile up to 100%, check out this Help Article

I would also suggest expanding your overview and describing your skills, past projects in more details.

You can also check out our guides below and learn more about improving your profile:

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

A How-To Guide for Your Perfect Profile Picture

Get Your Profile to the Next Level with an Intro Video

4 Ways to Create a More Successful Portfolio Regardless of Your Skill Set

If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
filip_knezevic
Community Member

It can clearly be seen you are new to Upwork.

Well, your profile indeed shows the lack of enthusiasm. 🙂

With those scarce few sentences about yourself and specialized profile with the same overview as the main one, you can't really expect to 'get the boll rolling' soon.

Quality of your profile implies you didn't spend too much time reading about how to make a good profile. Then we can further assume you didn't spend too much time learning how to craft a good proposal. 

Speaking about monthly connects, if you did a bit more reading about Upwork FAQ, you would have discovered there are no 'free connects' anymore. You get a pack of connects when you join Upwork and in some other occasions, with  Rising Talent, Top Rated and Plus Membership.

As far as I know, you can write that you have graduated Nuclear Physics at Harvard too. Never heard somebody needed to verify their University diploma through Upwork. Not that I have one anyway...

Filip, I completely disagree with your asessment. When there is only one specialized profile, and one niche (British Voiceover) then there is no need for the text to be different, why would it.

If I was looking for a Professional British Voiceover Artist, I'd want to see two things only:  Who they worked for and a meaningful reel. Both are there (and very impressive.)

His overview is not the problem, nor is his presentation.

His potential clients don't look to hire a cheerful Labrador puppy, they want a voice. 

I beg to differ, Petra.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths