🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Free connects?
Page options
inane_octopus
Community Member

Free connects?

Hello! It looks like I registered for an Upwork profile a while ago (but did not use it and do not recall doing so), so my account only has 10 connects. The chatbot said new accounts should have 80 to get started so I am wondering how to go about getting those. Any tips?

6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi Zachary,

I'd like to check this for you. Please confirm if you are referring to this account that you used to post here in the community or do you have another account?

~ Joanne
Upwork

It is this account! Thank you.

Hi Zachary,

Thank you for following up and clarifying. I would like to let you know that 80 free Connects are applied to new accounts created recently. Since you created an account before this change you are not eligible to receive these Connects.

You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork

Anything you can do to help me with that, on account of this account being effectively new? Or would it be simpler to make a new one?

Hi Zachary,

I'm afraid it's not possible since having multiple accounts is not allowed, and it violates our TOS. Thanks for your understanding.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Look - the issue I'm having is that I am now effectively being penalized because I 'reactivated' an old and unused account instead of making a new one at that time. Do you understand why that feels arbitrary, and frustrating? Do you know anyone that has the power to make a common sense adjustment?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths