🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Free lancer worked without the employers auth...
Page options
bdf3c098
Community Member

Free lancer worked without the employers authorization

On Monday I told my freelancer that I was going to cancel the contract. By the end of this day I still have not cancelled because I got carried away with my job. The next day when I logged in to upwork I noticed that he did all his hours yesterday (Monday), when he normally does them from Wednesday - Friday. I let him know that I wasn't happy with this. He earned that weeks earning yesterday (Next Monday) (up to this point I paused the contract because I didn't knew if I should file a dispute). I told, "could I get a 50% reimbursement from last week" and he said no. Should I file a dispute? Honestly, the money that I paid him is not that big a deal ($20), is just that I'm mad because he went pn and did the job that without my consent. Please comment.

3 REPLIES 3
versailles
Community Member

You can still dispute it. Whether you do it or not, you should take a moment to write an accurate and objective public feedback when you close the job.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Juan,

In addition to Rene advice, once you open a dispute our team will be able to assist you with the private details about this contract. Unfortunately we can`t discuss private information publicly in the Community.

If you have any additional questions feel free to post them here, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork
jr-translation
Community Member

Has he tracked the hours manually? Then they are not protected and you can dispute them.

In case he tracked the hours, you can check the work diary. Did he define the work he did? If not, you can dispute them.

If he tracked the hours with the app and descriped the work done, it will be hard to get the money back, unless the screenshots are not reflecting the work done.

You can definitely inform him that he changed the impression you had about his professionality by his latest actions.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths