Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancer Plus

Highlighted
Bojan D Member Since: Apr 18, 2017
1 of 9

Hi,

I have basic account and I run out of connects.

My next cycle starts in 15 days.

So heres my question.

If i upgrade now on Freelancer Plus acc will I get new 70 connects immediately

or I have to wait until the beginning of the next cycle anyway?

Bojan

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kanwal F Member Since: Apr 20, 2015
2 of 9

You'll get the connects immediately and your billing cycle date resets. Read the link:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062888-Membership-Plans-Basic-Plus. 

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3 of 9

Hi Bojan and Kanwal, 

In addition to the respond, if you enrol for the Plus you will get just 10 connects at the moment. To get the 70 connects you`ll still need to wait for the next billing cycle.
On this Thread, you have detail explanation about the calculations.

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
4 of 9

Hi Goran, 

The only case he gets just 10 connects is when he is on the last day of his billing cycle. Otherwise, he gets 10 connects plus (number of days remaining in billing cycle X 2). This will be the case when he is on free and upgrades to Plus. In case he was a Plus user already, he'll also get any roll-over connects from previous month, but this isn't the case for Bojan. 

Best regards, 

Wassim

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
5 of 9

Hi Bojan, 

The billing cycle will reset today but you will NOT receive 70 connects. Here's how it works:

"If you upgrade seven days into your billing cycle, you'll get the 10 monthly Plus Connects bonus and 14 prorated Connects (two per day), for a total of 24. Starting the next billing cycle, you'll receive the full 70."

Best regards, 

Wassim

Highlighted
Bojan D Member Since: Apr 18, 2017
6 of 9

Im a bit confused nowSmiley Happy

So if i understand correctly:

If I upgrade to Pluse today my billing cycle date will reset and I get 10 connects immediately and 2 more connects every day till the end of the old cycle (in 15 days) like you say in first post?

It means 10+30 (15 days x 2)=40

Is that right?

And for Goran:

Kako je u Makedoniji?:

Jeste sastavili vladu ili se ovaj vas predsednik jos nedaSmiley Happy

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 9

Hi All,

Sorry about confusing the whole situation, i forgot to mention about the days left to the billing cycle.
Wassim post is correct, and thanks for pointing it out.
Bojan your calculation is correct.

Untitled
Highlighted
Basker D Member Since: Nov 23, 2016
8 of 9

Hi,

I was upgraded from free membership to freelancer plus on 15th or 16th of may 2017. my billing cycle was 1-30 at the time and i had 8 connects. I did not went through the connects upgrade policy or whatever it is. But i had an idea that it would leads to either one of two outcome as follows

1. I will get remaining 15 days's 70 connect ratio i.e 15/30x70=35 + 8 existing = 43 connects and my billing cycle would remain as 1-30.

or the case

2. my billing cycle would reset to that date as new membership terms starts, i.e. 16-15 dates. And i will have 70+8 = 78 connects.

But neither has happened, it looks not a fair calculation. I got only 40 connects and billing cycle resetted. It is like punitive for upgrading to plus membership. I have left with 40 connects + existing 8 for next 30 days. I can't put it into any equity as a freelancer started career as full time after leaving secured job.

Requesting to reconsider the membership upgradation policy on connects for the sake of freelancers who are dedicated into freelance jobs for living.

Thanks,

Basker Dhandapani

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
9 of 9

Hi Basker,

I checked and you received an expected number of Connects when you upgraded your membership, please check this Help article for more information about the upgrade proration. I understand your point of view but can confirm we don't have plans to update this process.