cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancer has no Second or Last Name

Rabia R Member Since: Dec 2, 2014
1 of 17

If the Freelancer have no Second or Last name then how to register on Odesk as Odesk doesnot permit that the Last name field should left blank.

My Name is Rabia and having no last name, so I registered on Odesk as Rabia Rabia so is it Ok and will I be able to get payment via Bank Account as my Bank account Title is Rabia,

Please help me with this issue wether it is Ok or not. If not Ok what is best possible solution for this to get the payment in Bank Account.

Looking forward

Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
2 of 17

What do you mean that you have no last name? 

I've met people whose last name is the same as their first name (like Hesus Hesus and Medina Medina) but it doesn't mean they ain't got no last name. 

Anyway, to be able to withdraw money, your oDesk name should match your name at your bank account. It doesn't have to be completely identical, but should be nearly the same or an acceptable variation.

Example,

James Willoughby on bank account can be Jim Willoughby on oDesk as Jim is an acceptable nickname or alternate name for James in western countries.

My name on oDesk is Dianne M______ but my bank account carries my full name Dianne _____ _______ _______ _______ (my parents went name crazy) and yes, I can withdraw money no problem but I also have an oDesk verified identity so no biggie. Maybe you should ask support for a definite answer as well.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
3 of 17

Do you really have no surname or is it a personal preferance?

If you really don't, finding you on Facebook would be difficult!

Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
4 of 17

That's unusual.

Anil S Member Since: Aug 27, 2018
5 of 17

Same issue with my id as well. All of my Gov. issued Id's are only with first name and i am not able to get verification badge due to last name on my profile. and as you know we can't create a profile without a last name.

Community Guru
Daniel P Member Since: Aug 15, 2014
6 of 17
You have to have a last name. What does it say on your birth certificate?
Nusrat J Member Since: Oct 23, 2016
7 of 17

They keep private their last name. Upwork has this option to keep last name hide. 

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
8 of 17

I'm a bit surprised at all the posters who simply assume or imply the OP is lying. Naming conventions are not universal.

Community Leader
Gerald H Member Since: Jun 16, 2016
9 of 17

Exactly. I can testify that there are regions where people have just one name. They also are never registered or have a birth certificate. They just get born and live. It´s like a wonder! Eventually they get a name by their parents who also have just one name. 

Rajnish K Member Since: Jan 7, 2018
10 of 17

Hi Rabia, Same problem I am facing here. I too have no surname but only first name. Please help me what to do now. I am not able to add bank account now because it is registered with single name which is in all my documents such as passport, voter ID etc. Please tell me what to do now.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS