cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancer has no Second or Last Name

MARIYAM K Member Since: May 21, 2016
11 of 17

I am facing the same problem my account title consists of only single name but here i am bound to write last name too which i haven't ..it shows this error help me pleaseSmiley Sad

Bank verification in progress
Due to our updated identity policy, at least one of your payment methods has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
12 of 17

Hi Mariyam,

I checked your account and your name has been approved. You only needs to complete your W-8BEN form so you can use the bank account to withdraw funds.

-Joanne
Untitled
Johan R Member Since: Apr 18, 2019
13 of 17

Hi Joanne Marie P ,

I am facing the same problem because I don't have any last name. I have tried to change my first name to Mr. and my only name as last name. Could you help me to solve this problem ?.

"Bank verification in progress

Due to our updated identity policy, at least one of your payment methods has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information."

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
14 of 17

Hi Johan,

You can submit a name change request by going to Settings > Contact Info > Update your name, once you have updated your name the request will be submitted. 
I would also strongly suggest to change your image and upload a new one from your self. This type of images are not allowed, thank you.

Untitled
Shivam K Member Since: Jul 4, 2019
15 of 17
My name is Shivam Kumar on up work and I don't have a last name on ID card. My I'd is not verifying due to name. Please help me verify
Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
16 of 17

Hi Shivam,

Thank you for sharing this with us. We have escalated your concern to the appropriate team and one of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. Let us know if you need anything else

~ Riri
Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
17 of 17

Hi Anil,

In cases like yours we would suggest to use a formal salutation in the first name field (like Mr., Mrs, Ms.) and your name in the last name field. That would be unlikely to cause issues with adding your bank account. Let me know if you need anything else. 

~ Riri
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS