🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Freelancer or enterprise for single member LL...
Page options
eric_duval
Community Member

Freelancer or enterprise for single member LLC?

I am curious if I have created the correct account. I am a single member LLC, so should I have established an Enterprise account rather than Freelancer account? My tax structure is Pass Through rather than a corporation, but I assume I am still technically a business. I am anxious to begin this venture, but I do not want to rush into it and end up paying for it later.

Thanks for your help

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

I think you are mixing up words. "Enterprise" on Upwork refers to Enterprise clients = Clients who hire on a very large scale.

What you probably mean is "agency."

Every freelancer is ultimately "a business" and the first step is to set up your freelancer profile as it pertains to you. Then you "could" add a single member agency profile which is in your business name with your business bank account linked to it to receive payments.

The important thing is to set up your W9 in your tax details with the legal name of your LLC.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

I think you are mixing up words. "Enterprise" on Upwork refers to Enterprise clients = Clients who hire on a very large scale.

What you probably mean is "agency."

Every freelancer is ultimately "a business" and the first step is to set up your freelancer profile as it pertains to you. Then you "could" add a single member agency profile which is in your business name with your business bank account linked to it to receive payments.

The important thing is to set up your W9 in your tax details with the legal name of your LLC.

Hi Petra,

Thank you for the feeback, you are correct, I meant Agency. Having only recently established this LLC, It is a bit overwhelming the amount of ways I can get a knock on the door from the IRS. Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Eric 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths