🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Freelancer proposals
Page options
bettinahughes20
Community Member

Freelancer proposals

Hi, I am still trying to understand how everything works on upwork. I am a freelance textile designer.

I have a client that invited me to put in a proposal. I sent this through. I have noticed they are in my messge room, but they havent replied to my proposal yet. Im waiting for them to get back to me. Do they have to press something/ activate something on there end to go into my message room. 

It does say I have an active proposal.....what does this really mean ?

Thank you

Bettina

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Bettina,

When a client has accepted your proposal a message room will be created for both parties. You and your client can both access the room simply by clicking on Messages > Selecting your message room. 
I would also recommend to check out our resources Here and learn more about getting started on Upwork. If you have any additional questions, let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Bettina H wrote:

Hi, I am still trying to understand how everything works on upwork. I am a freelance textile designer.

I have a client that invited me to put in a proposal. I sent this through. I have noticed they are in my messge room, but they havent replied to my proposal yet. Im waiting for them to get back to me. Do they have to press something/ activate something on there end to go into my message room. 

It does say I have an active proposal.....what does this really mean ?

Thank you

Bettina

The client very likely invited a few freelancers, you can see how many in the job posting. He might come back to you, or not. The least thing you should do is wait for anything. Active proposal means the job is not closed or expired. Again, that means not a whole lot. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths