cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancer

Brenda B Member Since: Mar 8, 2017
1 of 5

Should you be as right after being interviewed to buy gift cards for the boss and to make sure you get the backs scratched off and send in a photo. In my opinion  this is wrong and I did not do. But, the gentleman is wanting me to print out checks and mail them out. He is sending me pre paid postage labels from the town I live in with the address of an abandoned school. Again, this is the second job I have received and both to me have been scams.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 5

lol no just the fact that you asked this questions means you need to read things.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 5

Brenda B, you should report this client to Upwork if you know how. If not, maybe a moderator will read the topic and banish the client. And you weren't asking for advice but I will give some anyway: consider changing your profile title to something else, unless you intend to work mainly in victim advocacy.

4 of 5

Brenda - because  you are new, ALL invitations you receive will be scams. You will waste your time replying to them.

Also, you need to redo the overview in your profile. If I were a client it tells me nothing about what you can do for me. There are no skills etc listed. You need to identify exactly what you can do. When you help others, does that involve transcription, internet research. or something else, When you attend court hearing, what did  you do? Did you take notes and transcribe them later? Did you use any special skills when there? Exactly what can you do concerning any of the Microsoft Office programs.

Although you may be fantastic as a Victim Advocate, I don't think you're going to find many jobs looking for Victim advocates .

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 5

Hi Brenda,

I'm sorry about the offer the client you communicated with made during your conversation. I asked our team to take action against both clients who had invited you since their jobs violated Upwork ToS. Please check these safety tips in order to recognize scam jobs and review these resources, which will help you get started on Upwork.  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS