🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Freelancers at Upwork
Page options
keta_48
Community Member

Freelancers at Upwork

I did a quick research and I found this: (Is it true that Upwork has 1.5+ million registered users who have not yet won any penny here? 

I hope I am wrong... 

upwork 1.png

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

@Alketa H wrote:

I did a quick research and I found this: (Is it true that Upwork has 1.5+ million registered users who have not yet won any penny here? 

I hope I am wrong... 

upwork 1.png

It is far more than that, as this only includes profiles that were active recently and have not been set to private. The vast majority of freelancers never make a single Cent here and to be honest that is not a bad thing.

Not everyone is made out to make a living freelancing online.

keta_48
Community Member

Hi Petra, 

I didn't say it was a bad thing because I know that many people quit very early (and that's a good news for those who want to work here). I wanted to know the total number of people who are registered at Upwork. Do you know where can I find such information? Thank you for your reply. 

It does not make sense.  Any amount earned is about 1.7 M.  If you add up from $1-$10k+ it would come to about 550k.

@Prashant P wrote:

It does not make sense.  Any amount earned is about 1.7 M.  If you add up from $1-$10k+ it would come to about 550k.

"Any amount earned" includes $0 earned.

A: Have you earned any money on Upwork yet?

B: Yes, thank you for asking. I've earned $0.

Smiley Happy

petra_r
Community Member

@Alketa H wrote:

I didn't say it was a bad thing because I know that many people quit very early (and that's a good news for those who want to work here). I wanted to know the total number of people who are registered at Upwork.

It is somewhere in the region of 12 Million.Freelancers and 5 Million clients, but most are likely inactive now.

I agree...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths