🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Freelancers sharing your files with other fre...
Page options
f91224a5
Community Member

Freelancers sharing your files with other freelancers

I have been using Upwork freelancers for quite a few years and recently had one send me a file that looked very familiar; turns out it was a file that was completed (very poor work) by another freelancer 5 months ago on one of my projects.  I asked him if he knew the other freelancer and he said he did not.  Then he said he was reviewing his past messages with others on Facebook and came across his name. So I messaged the original one; took him 3 days to admit they knew each other.

What's going on?

So I guess my question is whether you have had a similar experience.  Not at all happy that my data is being spread around.

Beware of where your data is being shared!!!

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steven,

I’m sorry you had a negative experience hiring freelancers. In general, Optional Service Contract Terms covers the questions of work ownership and confidentiality unless the client and freelancer agree on different terms.

We would like to look into this specific situation further. I'll go ahead and escalate your concern to the team and they'll reach out to you directly via email for more information about the freelancers you're referring to.

Thank you for your patience! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths