🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Friends account not approved
Page options
jon_nel
Community Member

Friends account not approved

My colleauge created account in upwork but its always not approved. I am not sure what is the reason, he tried to post here but I think he still cant do it because he is not approved.

His account name is *** Edited for Community Guidelines ***, this is his second time to try to open an account but still same problem occurs.

May you please help us. Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
michael_skaggs
Community Member

Upwork staff aren't going to give you any information about someone else's account. Your friend will have to contact support on his own.

Do you know ways how he can contact them regarding his concern? Thanks
holymell
Community Member

Usually when they deny an account it's because there are to many freelancers in that field already.
jon_nel
Community Member

Yes actually thats what is written on his profile and we dont know what to do. So he just need to look for other skills that he is good at and add it there then try to update his profile again?
Thanks!
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jon,

Only a small percentage of freelancers have their registration accepted upon resubmission. We accept new freelancers based on the demand in the marketplace, which varies over months (not days). Having a complete profile helps us determine if there is a sufficient demand for his skills and experience, but does not guarantee admittance. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Got it sir. Thank you so much
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Jon,

I'm sorry to hear that your friend's profile wasn't accepted. There may have been to many freelancers with the skills similar to his skills. You may tell him that he can always come back anytime and update his profile if he has new skills and experience to add on his profile. He may also read these articles to help him improve his profile:

Enhance your profile

Create a 100% complete profile

Thank you

Untitled
wangyalong
Community Member

Hi,

I have a friend that we need his upwork profile be approved because my client wants to hire this person for work as a long term VA. 

Currently, he has also resubmitted his profile, but always gets rejected.  He has the invitation but can't accept.  Can someone help?

Hi Precious,

Your friend can update their profile at any time and resubmit it again. Before resubmitting, I would recommend having a 100% complete profile

For more details, your friend can also refer to the email notification sent to them. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

He already did, but still rejected.  My client wants to hire this person right away and is now having issues because upwork doesn't approve his profile.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths