🐈 Community
lexihelp

From Elance to Upwork, loss of client history

Hello,

I used to be a Freelancer on Elance and took a break for about 2 years (pregnancy). When I decided to get back to work, I noticed the website was gone. I’ve found Upwork while searching for a new website to work with and have registered under a new Pseudo and a new email address. While going through my mails, I realized that I did receive a few invitations from Elance to either ‘combine’ or ‘migrate’ my account to Upwork. Unfortunately all the links which were given to me on the emails are broken now ‘your link has expired’.  By reading the Help Center I understood I will have to take the tests again which is kind of annoying but hey, it might not take that long..The thing that really bothers me though is that I had great feedbacks from clients and have lost it all. Also, I was wondering if it was possible to get them back. I still have emails from these clients and even folders on my PC showing their names and so on. Can anyone help me out?

Kind regards,

Virginie

3 REPLIES 3
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Virginie,

I've checked and see you still have the link on your Elance account. Please log into your Elance account and use the link to migrate your account to Upwork. I also see you have an old Upwork account in addition to the one you've recently created. You'll need to close one of your Upwork accounts and will be able to opt for merging your Elance and Upwork reputation.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Many many thanks Vladimir,

I have 'transfered' my former Elance account. I guess It has created a new account though and I will now try to figure out how to close the account I have created (this one!) and you said you saw another one? Have to check that out and make it all clear.

Cheers

Virginie

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Virginie,

Please contact Customer Support and our team will be able to assist you locate your old Upwork account. Note that the account you're posting from wasn't transferred from Elance and I see you already closed it.

~ Vladimir
Upwork