🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » From Rising Talent to 80% JSS Without Getting...
Page options
clargarcia
Community Member

From Rising Talent to 80% JSS Without Getting Less Than a 5-Star Review

I'm trying to understand how my JSS turned out to be only 80% after the Rising Talent badge was removed from my profile.

In the 3 months of freelancing through Upwork, I have obtained 5 contracts. 2 of these are from the same client, to which 1 of these 2 contracts ended because the job was already completed. So now, only 4 out of the 5 contracts are active. I received a 5-star review from the completed contract.

After checking My Stats, I was surprised to find my Rising Talent badge removed and replaced with 80% JSS and only having long-term clients at 25%, despite of the premise I mentioned in the previous paragraph.

Can someone enlighten me how this can happen?

5 REPLIES 5
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Clarissa, 

Your Job Success Score calculation includes multiple factors such as public and private feedback, long-term relationships, contracts without feedback if they represent a significant portion of your overall contracts, etc. We won't be able to advise regarding which contracts exactly affected your Job Success score, but we recommend that you read up on this help article for more information on how your score is calculated.

It is also very likely that there are not enough jobs to calculate your score from since you do not have enough contract from your 12 and/or 24-month window.

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery,

My client left a positive public feedback with a 5-star review on the completed job that I mentioned. Even if let's say, he gave me a poor review on the private feedback, I find it difficult to believe that a single private feedback could cost me -20% on my JSS. This is assuming a Rising Talent is like someone who is Top Rated, except she doesn't have enough Upwork experience yet.

As mentioned, I'm new to Upwork. I only got my profile approved late September 2018. I don't understand how my JSS could be computed using a 6-, 12-, or 24-month history when my profile hasn't been active that long yet. So, I get it if my Rising Talent badge was removed for some reason, but instead of not getting a JSS due to lack of enough Upwork experience, I don't know how I could've gotten an 80% JSS.

Also, can you explain how it was computed that I only have 25% long-term clients, when 4 out of the 5 contracts I acquired are still active?

Btw, thanks for responding!

Best,

Clar

Clarrisa, since you have only 1 completed job you shouldn't have a JSS but maybe they have changed the requirements for starting of JSS, I don't know.

If they count your open contracts as successful and since you have one completed project then I assume that client gave you a bad private feedback. Check out the next job that client posted. Which is again a logo design in which they say they already have a logo (the one you made?) I think they didn't like the one you made so they gave a low private feedback which made your JSS 80. Like, 1 in 5 jobs is not a great client experience.

I'd love Avery to explain why and how you have a JSS if it's not a trade secret. I didn't know people could get one after 1 completed job.

Edit: Don't message the client to increase their private feedback or ask why they did that. It's not professional and they can't change private feedback even if they wanted to.

Edit 2: You have an active job with the same client, so I'm not 100% sure they gave you bad private feedback. All I wrote is just guesswork. Take it with a grain of salt.

An uncompleted job can count towards JSS if it's been active for long enough. But I don't know how long that is.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Clarissa, 

I apologise for not looking into this further. I've asked the team to look into your account, and your Job Success Score so that we can identify what seems to be the issue here. I would also like to note that a freelancer will atleast need 5 contracts to have a Job Success Score. 

I'll let you know once I have more information!

ETA: Hi Clarissa, a member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you with more information about your Job Success Score. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths