🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Frustrated-no person to call for help. Inquir...
Page options
upwork4amy
Community Member

Frustrated-no person to call for help. Inquiring about posts for work.

Hi, New here but frustrated I am not able to call a 1-800#.

A few things-one job got deleted, so do I get me 'coins back'?

Do I look to see if 'payment not verified' do not choose that job?

Also, there were jobs listed that sounded like on-site, coming into office but no location given?

If all of my coins get used and no jobs, do you gain more?

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
jared_k
Community Member

First, make sure to read the TOS, especially the part that says not to communicate with potential clients off the platform before you have a contract.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Amy, you really do not need to call anyone.

You may ask questions right here.

Moreover, you should understand that Upwork’s customer support is not phone-centric.

It is genuinely not Upwork’s intention that you call them.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Amy G wrote:

Hi, New here but frustrated I am not able to call a 1-800#.

A few things-one job got deleted, so do I get me 'coins back'?

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062898-Understanding-and-Using-Connects

Do I look to see if 'payment not verified' do not choose that job? No, you can apply to "payment not verified" jobs. That means the client has not yet added a payment method, but that is not uncommon for new clients, who will often not enter a payment method until they send their first offer to a freelancer. Just make sure the payment is verified or escrow funded before accepting an offer. 

Also, there were jobs listed that sounded like on-site, coming into office but no location given? This is an instance where you may have to use connects to apply and ask the question. General rule of thumb, unless you are willing to spend connects to ask questions, job descriptions that are unclear may be better to skip over. If a client can't communicate clearly in the job post, that's a red flag for working with them. 

If all of my coins get used and no jobs, do you gain more? See the first length. 

Thank you in advance.

I hope this answers your questions. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths