cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated with no responses from proposals

carolineperkins
Caroline P Member Since: May 29, 2017
1 of 3

I have sent proposals to job posts that match my skills perfectly. I've had only one response - a client who said he would call me this week - he hasn't so far. Many of the posts require anywhere from 90 to 1000 hours of work with Upwork. Catch 22. I have thousands of hours of experience but am new to Upwork. At this point, I'm wondering if it's worth it to continue. Would appreciate advice - or a little encouragement. 

lasavi
Luz S Member Since: Jun 9, 2017
2 of 3

Hi there, 

I had a look at your profile. It looks like you have all the best experience. If I were you I would edit my profile to the essentials. I would give myself a great title that sums it up like Writer and Editor and a number of years of experience. Then I would bullet point all of the industries I have experience in B2B being a really popular one. Make the text easier to scan quickly and get the gist of only the most important things you have done. Hope this helps you and encourgages you. Best of luck, Luz.

sound4c
Vicki M Member Since: Jul 27, 2016
3 of 3

It does take awhile to build your clientele. Volume is key when you're starting out. You may want to ask a friend who is a client on Upwork to hire you for a small job, just so you can show a job. As long as the job is genuine, there's no harm in doing that. Don't give up!