🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Fulfilled a job for a review and didn't recei...
Page options
brittneynoelle
Community Member

Fulfilled a job for a review and didn't receive review or payment

I've completed the task and I haven't been paid or reviewed and he's no longer responding to my messages.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I completed a task for an employer who said they would pay me 7 dollars for 3,000 words but for a 5-star review. I've completed the task and I haven't been paid or reviewed and he's no longer responding to my messages."

Brittney:

You already received great advice from Victor and Petra.

Let me add: It's okay to make mistakes! The important thing is that you learn from your mistakes and don't make the same mistakes again.

Don't message that "client" again. That is in your past. I know that as you go forward, you won't work without a contract and you won't attempt to work in exchange for stars.

Because you were not paid for your work, it belongs to you! That is a good thing. You may add it to your portfolio.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Brittney P wrote:

I completed a task for an employer who said they would pay me 7 dollars for 3,000 words but for a 5-star review.

That's pathetic. That's essentially you trying to buy a 5-star review. How does that hit you as fair to other freelancers who earn their reviews honestly, by doing a great job?

Brittney P wrote:

I've completed the task and I haven't been paid or reviewed and he's no longer responding to my messages.

Were you even hired?

Is there a job showing on your "My Jobs Page?"

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I completed a task for an employer who said they would pay me 7 dollars for 3,000 words but for a 5-star review. I've completed the task and I haven't been paid or reviewed and he's no longer responding to my messages."

Brittney:

You already received great advice from Victor and Petra.

Let me add: It's okay to make mistakes! The important thing is that you learn from your mistakes and don't make the same mistakes again.

Don't message that "client" again. That is in your past. I know that as you go forward, you won't work without a contract and you won't attempt to work in exchange for stars.

Because you were not paid for your work, it belongs to you! That is a good thing. You may add it to your portfolio.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths