🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Full name displayed in messages
Page options
05b3bdc1
Community Member

Full name displayed in messages

What does my full name display in messages?  How do I change it to just my first name and last initial as displayed other places in Upwork?

8 REPLIES 8
sullivanliz
Community Member

It's a bug... Hopefully at some point soon it will be fixed!

It's certainly a bug on the forums. Liz, your name just popped up while I replied - and @ Luiggi so did yours. So if you don't want everyone to know what your user name is - it would be a good idea to do something about this fairly soon. The forums are bad enough as it is ... I think this problem was mentioned a few days ago in Coffee Break. 

That said - in messages, our full names (and sometimes erroneously our user names) do show to clients. 

I have brought up this issue months ago and was told they don't consider it a problem. 

Well we do.

Ah yes, because of the ongoing issue with visible usernames I assumed that's what Jody meant. Re-reading I can see that probably isn't the case. Oops!

LuiggiR

Hi Jody,

It's by design that once a client and a freelancer both agreed to connect and interview via Messages, their full names will show on the conversation.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
05b3bdc1
Community Member

@Luiggi R - That's not very safe given the number of scammers posing as clients I was exposed to in only my first week on Upwork.  You chose to connect with me here and I only see your last initial.  Please ask them to fix this asap.  

Hi Jody,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I'll pass this along to the appropriate team.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths