🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Full name on profile question
Page options
adrian-collazo
Community Member

Full name on profile question

Hi, I'm setting up bank payments for my account and I have a doubt about last names:

In Spain we have two surnames, and this is the full name that is used pretty much everywhere including banks and ID documents. I'm used to English sites only allowing one last name, but I just realized you can actually add more than one word in the "last name" category.

Will there be issues with the payments set-up if I have "Adrian Collazo" here but "Adrian Collazo Iglesias" in future ID verifications? I have no preference for either so I'd rather just set it to whatever will cause less trouble.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Adrian,

I would recommend not to include any special characters in your name.

Our team will be able to verify your bank account in both cases. If additional details are needed at any time, one of our team members will reach out to you via ticket with detailed instructions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Adrian,

In order for our team to verify your bank account your Upwork name and your bank account name needs to match. I would suggest adding your full legal name as it is on your ID's. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks Goran, if that's the case I'll just go ahead and add my other surname to the profile information then.

As a side question, would there be an issue if my name included an special character?

Technically it should be Adrián, however I've just double checked and none of my documents or bank  information reflect that since they circumvent it by writing in capitals, so I don't imagine this would be a problem for verification.

Hi Adrian,

I would recommend not to include any special characters in your name.

Our team will be able to verify your bank account in both cases. If additional details are needed at any time, one of our team members will reach out to you via ticket with detailed instructions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi i have no last name only single name shahryar what   can i do this please help me about and send me solution .

Hi Shahryar,

In cases like yours we would suggest to use a formal salutation in the first name field (like Mr., Mrs, Ms.) and your name in the last name field. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
4a63c68c
Community Member

Hello. My financial account has been restricted and have contacted support but it's not  released yet, what can I do about that

Hi Saliu,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I followed up with the team handling your case and limitations are now removed. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths