🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: GB VAT Number rejected - no way to supply...
Page options
alltold
Community Member

GB VAT Number rejected - no way to supply documentation to prove

I've had my VAT number rejected twice.  The help says i have to supply documentation to prove company ownership - but no obvious means how to do that or what docuemnts.  Companies House clearly shows me as director and i have incorporation certificates.

How do i get past this impasse?

8 REPLIES 8
zoe007
Community Member

Hi Jon,

I'm UK based and had the same issue - VAT rejected twice.

I raised a ticket with Upwork support team and then provided my registration documents; The Companies House (this has your company name) and the shares document (this has your name and % company ownership). Both are issued when you register your business.

Upwork then reconciled everything smoothly for me.

Hope this helps.

All the best,
Zoe
Thanks for your help with this matter.

All the best,
Zoe
alltold
Community Member

where did you send it? was there an email address or somewhere to upload?

alltold
Community Member

i don't seem to be able to raise a ticket - all advice says post on here and wait for a moderator

zoe007
Community Member

Hi Jon,

I sent them via email once I'd raised a ticket.

On the main jobs screen, go to help section and talk to the main bot - ask to talk to a human (literally) and you get a nice person to talk too. You will receive a copy of the transcript and a help desk number to your email.

In the community forums, the moderators are also nice and you could wait for them to send you the link to the service desk or they may even process the request for you.

I tried to copy the email address for you from my ticket. I went back to the emails exchange and it references my support ticket in the email, therefore wouldn't really help you.

All the best,
Zoe
zoe007
Community Member

Contact Support

I got this on my phone, may work😀

All the best,
Zoe
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jon.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number.

~ Bojan
Upwork
alltold
Community Member

Thanks Bojan, i look forward to the ticket being raised.  Hopefully all will get sorted.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jon,

A member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response. If you aren't able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths