🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Gaining Access to Monies Earned
Page options
655940a7
Community Member

Gaining Access to Monies Earned

Hi,

I opened an account with Upwork quite some time ago as a client and have just recently been accepted as a freelancer. Presumably, my banking information is the same for both accounts, which is linked to a private bank in Panama where I reside.

Regarding payment, is all income earned deposited directly into my local bank account, at which time I will gain access to it, or is it deposited into an external account which then has to be transferred into my personal account?

I ask because in Panama you are not permitted to access any funds that reside in your PayPal account, you can only use them for payment purposes. You can not transfer funds from your PayPal account to your local bank account, this in spite of the fact that both accounts are linked. So, if I pay for something using PayPal they’ll debit my account but if you send me money I can’t access it. It doesn’t make any sense.

I just wanted to confirm how the payment process works with Upwork to ensure that I don’t have any problems.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kind regards,

Mark

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mark,

Once funds become available in your account balance, you'll be able to use the Get Paid Now button under the available tab and withdraw the funds to the payment method you set up on your Get Paid page, under Settings.

You can find payment methods available in your country by going to your Settings> Get Paid and clicking Add a Payment method. Check out this help article for more information.

Also, make sure you check resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths