🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Genuine transcription rates question, I need ...
Page options
antonynaude
Community Member

Genuine transcription rates question, I need your thoughts

I am getting more and more transcription jobs lately and I was wondering what a reasobale hr rate would be, or should I rather consider a fixed rate per word/s?

My typing speed is 50 - 60 words per minute, my accurcy is great. in fact I have been complimented on it

But I do not wantto out price or under price myself.  I would genuinly like to have a sense of what is reasonable.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Antony, 

You can check the marketplace to see the rates of other freelancers in your category. Or you can also visit this page. We share this page with clients who ask for ballpark rates of freelancers in a specific industry. The link above displays the median hourly rates of freelance transcriptionists on Upwork.

I hope this helps!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Antony, 

You can check the marketplace to see the rates of other freelancers in your category. Or you can also visit this page. We share this page with clients who ask for ballpark rates of freelancers in a specific industry. The link above displays the median hourly rates of freelance transcriptionists on Upwork.

I hope this helps!

~ Avery
Upwork
9bc0df66
Community Member

Hi 

It's good if we get money according to words and pages so it's upon us that how much we wrote and we like to do more so by this your work will be complete fast and your new members also come for getting this job.

I hope this helps you

Thank you...

93288ed2
Community Member

Are you in a position to pass me some

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths