🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Hired in an Instant
Page options
eenciso
Community Member

Get Hired in an Instant

Most of the clients need Upwork hours to be qualified. So how can you get Upwork hours if you can't get hired? I've read all helpful tips and followed Upwork's suggestion but still no luck. Can you provide tips for newbies like me on how to get hired? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please check out this thread and go through the guides, tutorials, courses, videos, Help articles and Community discussions, designed to help you start bidding successfully and winning jobs on Upwork. You may check Hiring Headquarters link in the thread I mentioned, and find there some excellent articles for both, improving profiles and writing good proposals. You can update your profile and edit your profile overview, expand it with your new skills and experiences. Take a few tests and add some portfolio items to showcase the new skills you have acquired. Afterwards, if you have any questions feel free to follow up in the Community and we'll gladly help you with them.

~ Bojan
Upwork

The "Upwork hours" is a suggestion, not a requirement.  Be sure that your profile emphasizes your experience off of the platform and your expertise in your field.  Craft your proposals to address the client's needs.  Remember, no one had a JSS or any Upwork hours when we began.

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths