🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Get Paid Faster
Page options
7ba0c500
Community Member

Get Paid Faster

Hi my rent is coming up and will need to get paid faster than the hold time of 10 days after I complete work weekly. Please help me get this done. It takes hours to figure out how to navigate your site. Here are my questions that I will need a links on:
1. Where can I set weekly payments - I dont want this week to end and then I have to go back and forth with you asking questions.
2. I just logged into my bank account and I got the Upwork deposits I want to set this my where my salary will go. Again I can't find it in your site how to set this.
3. Do I need to do anything more so I can get my paycheck on time next week as my landlord is really strict and I will get evicted if I don;t get that money released by the 10th;

thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, if you work consistently each week then the funds you earn would be available each Wednesday, for the period that closed 10 days before. So you get paid weekly.

If you work fixed price contracts, your funds would be released within 5 days of the client approving a milestone, however. So just remember that hourly and fixed are paid differently.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
prestonhunter
Community Member

Marisa:

That is not how this works.

Freelancers receive payment according to a specific, predetermined schedule. Freelancers do not receive payments earlier because they ask to do so.

Please clarify: The InReview amount I see on Upwork will you still take off
20% or is that all mine?
a_lipsey
Community Member

Marisa Y wrote:

Hi my rent is coming up and will need to get paid faster than the hold time of 10 days after I complete work weekly. Please help me get this done. It takes hours to figure out how to navigate your site. Here are my questions that I will need a links on:
1. Where can I set weekly payments - I dont want this week to end and then I have to go back and forth with you asking questions.
2. I just logged into my bank account and I got the Upwork deposits I want to set this my where my salary will go. Again I can't find it in your site how to set this.
3. Do I need to do anything more so I can get my paycheck on time next week as my landlord is really strict and I will get evicted if I don;t get that money released by the 10th;

thank you.

Marisa,  these are all great questions and I'm sure a mod will be along to give you links to help you understand how to do each of those things. 

The bigger problem is you think you are owed money when you have no contracts on your profile. Do you believe you have a contract with an Upwork client? 

ETA: I see it looks like you were setting up a direct contract, so this would not show on your profile. If so, disregard. 

Also, Joane Marie responded with answers to these questions in your previous post. 

If you worked last week, your work diary is now being reviewed by the client, and funds will be available next week. This is the way it works, and how it has always worked, at least in the 4 years I have used Upwork. The only early release that occurs is for Top-Rated freelancers, who get payments released just a few days earlier than the normal schedule, but not as you are suggesting. 

Yes I will start a job later and have downloaded the timer. I need to
ensure that all goes smoothly when I am done this week ie get paid by next
wednesday.

OK I read that article on how to get paid faster! Pls answer my questions below:

1. How do I get paid within 5 days from submission NOT 10 days (I can’t find that feature I read in Upwork)

2. If my client review and approve my hours in 3days can I get paid sooner than 5 days later?

Thank you.

Hi Marisa,

1. Please keep in mind that this option is available only to Top Rated freelancers. To learn more about this feature, check out our announcement post Here.

2. I would like to clarify that at the moment we don't have this option. To learn more about how you're getting paid on hourly contracts, check out this Help Article.

~ Goran
Upwork

Pls send the link to qualify as Top Rated freelancer. Thank you

Marisa, it will take a few months at least for you to qualify as a Top Rated Freelancer. You must have 12 of 16 eligible weeks that include a JSS of 90% or more and at least $1000 in earnings and direct contracts do not count.

And there is no link to apply. It happens automatically when you meet the criteria.

Please clarify this for me:

After the 1st week of waiting 10 days to get paid.
will I get paid every Wednesday the week after as my 2nd week timesheet
wouldve been submitted by then.

Yes, if you work consistently each week then the funds you earn would be available each Wednesday, for the period that closed 10 days before. So you get paid weekly.

If you work fixed price contracts, your funds would be released within 5 days of the client approving a milestone, however. So just remember that hourly and fixed are paid differently.

Please clarify: The InReview amount I see on Upwork will you still take off 20% or is that all mine?

Hi Marisa,

The In review amount include the Freelancer fees which will be deducted once the payment is successfully processed. You will see the final amount under the 'Available' section on your Report page when your payment is successfully processed as per the Upwork weekly billing cycle.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Please clarify: The InReview amount I see on Upwork will you still take off 20% or is that all mine?

Marisa Y wrote:
Yes I will start a job later and have downloaded the timer. I need to
ensure that all goes smoothly when I am done this week ie get paid by next
wednesday.

You will not get paid by next Wednesday. That's not how it works. The billing week ends on Sunday. The client then has until the next Friday to review the work diary/hours and raise any disputes. The funds are then released the following Wednesday. If you have not started the job yet, or are starting the job this week, the first disbursement you will see to your bank account or other withdrawal method is June 16.  

Amanda, thank you at least there is a date! My cut off is June 6 and I submitted it. I will get paid by June 16th right NOT the 22nd?

Pls answer this regarding Upwork Tracker. If I worked for 10 minutes then paused then worked another 15min later will the tracker timer indicate the 25minutes? 10 min is still work done.... please let me know asap how that tracker works. Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths