🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Paid
Page options
ljwh
Community Member

Get Paid

How long does it take for the money (completed and paid job) to show up in 'Get Paid' window for withdrawal?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Where-Is-My-Money.jpg

nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Lisa,

In addition to Petra's answer you can also see additional details here about the Weekly Billing Cycle relevent to the payment timing on hourly jobs. Here is more information regarding getting paid for Fixed-Price contracts.

~Nina
ljwh
Community Member

That's crazy. So not only do Upwork charge 20% fees they also earn interest keeping your money for an eternity. New to Upwork but will be sticking to the competitors in future. Much simpler model = Get work, do work, get paid!

petra_r
Community Member

@Lisa W wrote:

That's crazy. So not only do Upwork charge 20% fees they also earn interest keeping your money for an eternity.

First of all 5 days on a fixed rate contract from when the client approves is hardly an "eternity" and secondly Upwork does not earn interest on your funds.

Thirdly the 20% are only on the first $ 500 with any one client.

@Lisa W wrote:

will be sticking to the competitors in future.

With your only contract so far having gone spectacularly wrong and resulting in such poor feedback that may well not be the worst ever idea.

@Lisa W wrote:

That's crazy. So not only do Upwork charge 20% fees they also earn interest keeping your money for an eternity. New to Upwork but will be sticking to the competitors in future. Much simpler model = Get work, do work, get paid!

If you are new to Upwork, it would be worth reading the ToS and some of the help pages before you start. One of the rules and regs is that freelancers have to upload photographs of themselves (no logos, avatars, cute kitty/baby pics. etc.)

You are completely wrong about Upwork earning interest on freelancers' earnings - a common misconception about Upwork made by newbies who couldn't be bothered to learn about the site first.

Hi,

I read over the link you provided and the chart posted above. I'm still a little confused, waiting to get paid on 2 completed jobs. 

According to the chart, do hourly jobs get paid 1 & 1/2 weeks after the billing cycle has ended? Or does the client have 14 days to review the completed work and then an additional 1 1/2 weeks passes before the funds are released/transferred?

The client has from Monday through Friday to review your time tracker.  You are then paid the following Wednesday UTC time.  (For example, my $$ is available on Tuesday because I'm in CDT, US.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths