🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi Community!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

4,578 REPLIES 4,578

Hello Anthony, thank you for the work that you do. Kindly have a look at my profile. I am very much interested in getting more tips on how to improve it from you. I am new to Upwork. Thanks!

Hi Sir, 

Can I also get some feedback on my profile. I have had much luck with my offline assignments; Upwork, however, has not been really welcoming in terms of award of contracts. I really think I am doing something wrong. Your valued input would help me in improvising my profile in order to cater to the needs of the platform. 

Thanks. 

Hello Anthony

Can you kindly look at my profile? I sent several proposals, but they did not work.

I hope you can give me some suggestions to improve my chances of getting selected.

Regards

Thilini

Hello Anthony, May I ask a favor to critique my profile please, so I would know how to optimize it. Thank you in advance. https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01ffd31d360160f4fa

Hello Anthony, May I ask a favor to critique my profile please, so I would know how to optimize it. Thank you in advance...  https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01fe542db5a2ea7964

Can you please suggest some improvements 

Hello sir,

Can you please go through my profile & give suggestions to build a stronger one.

How to create a strong profile in upwork.

• Hi Anthony, can you just spend a few minutes on my profile and share your feedback please?

Hello Enyo, kindly set your account to public for you to get the assistance you need.

Hi, Anthony H,

Can you please check my profile I am not getting any invitations I need your expert opinion? Where I made mistakes. This would be highly appreciated...

Regards

Usman

Can you see my profile? I am new in this sector.i want to work.

You doing nice work. Can you please let me know your sending proposals or getting job automatically. your profile is in search or not. 

Hi Dear please check my profile and suggest any updatation required i have completed 3 projects of typing PDF in words but have not got any amount they are asking me to pay $50 first  to their account and then only they will transfer my salary i have submitted several proposals till date but getting job through Telegram and everytime i am completing project they are asking me to transfer $50 first is it coompulsory to pay $ 50 please help me out to get project through upwork

thanks

you are scammed. Don't pay them.. Does your client have a verified payment method? 

Hello Mike J,

Thank you for the article that quite enlightens us who are new to this platform. Kindly review my profile for me and suggest improvements to it. Thank you

Joshua Omondi

Freelancer

Community Member

Hello, 

Kindly check through my profile if it needs more improvement. 

Thank you.

Gabriel,

This is easy: What are you selling?  You never say. You say you are a bookkeeper, accuntant. But then you stop. 

Imagine a movie camera is following you around. It films what you are doing. Now tell us what is on that film.

It would be something like, "I balance your books  ..." or "I manage your payroll ..." or "I audit your business ..." or "I make sure  you don't  bounce any checks ..." or "I keep you safe from acruing regulatory fees and taxes ..."

What is it that you actually do? That is the service you are selling. 

Doing that service fixes a problem that your clients have. Have they been bouncing checks? Have they been paying unnecessary fees? Have they been getting their payroll done late? What are the problems they have?

That's about all you need. You say "I am an expert at ______ who can solve your problem of ____." 

Fill in those  blanks. Write a half dozen sentences like that. It's ok to say "I solve this problem so you can sleep well at night without having to worry about your payroll." Be real with your clients. They have real problems. Name these problems and tell them that you are a great choice for getting those problems solved.

Sir can you please check my profile and given me some tips to improve my profile so i can get projects and gained some experience on Upwork

Hello all I wrote agin to the community a month ago.

I asked for some advice about my profile.

Here is the link

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/mklimi13?viewMode=1

I folowed the suggestions but still I can not get any job.

Could I send you my applicationto a job to see if I structured correct?

Thanks in advance.

Marina

Hi there,

As i was new to upwork, can you please check my profile and let me known if any mistakes regarding the bio?

I am new freelancer it becomes very hard to get my first job please help me.

I have not qualified a gig so far what could be the issue with my profile ?

Hi anthony

How doing well.!

Can you lookout my profile and suggest me if anything better to improve myself.?

(Jaydeep L. - Sourcing agent I Mechanical design I Industrial design - Upwork Freelancer from Ahmedab...)

Thank you

Please help me review my profile

Thanks

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~015e5104f884c4ceed

Hello, could you possibly check my profile through and give me some criticism about what I could change to make it more welcoming with a better chance to gain clients?

Hello Anthony,

How are you? I hope you are in good health. I'm new to Upwork. I have applied to many jop posts, but unfortunately i couldn't receive any responds from the clients. Can you please review my profile and find is there anything i'm missing on it ? or any improvements to be done ?

Your help is highly appritiated on this matter.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~015bdc0954c0f2565d?viewMode=1

Thank You.

Kind Rgds,

Riyadh.

Hey Riyadh, please update your Settings from Private to Public so your Profile can be viewed. Thanks!

Hi!

can you please check mine. 

I'm getting less interview than before. I wonder If my profile is professional enough or not. 

Hey Ahmet, nice Profile! Please shorten the Summary and make sure that the Title contains your 2 most important keywords. Thanks!

Hey Alishba, please update your Settings from Private to Public. Nobody can view your Profile now. Thanks!

anis_u_rehman
Community Member

Please check my profile.

Anis,

Since you are doing well with great reviews, what you need is a boost.

Take your two best reviews and copy them and paste them up at the top of your write up, so they are the first thing people see when going to your profile.

Then take out the first sentence in which you say "Hi. I am Anis ____" and you give out your last name.

You don't need your name there at all. Your name is already clearly visible. This is work, not a party.  Aside from opening yourself up for scams by presenting your last name, you are missing the chance to get right to the point. If you were in a hurry which would you rather see, "Hi, I am Blah, Blah Blah" Or "I am fast, efficient Wordpress expert who can quickly give you content and images that will ehance your business. Let's see what I can do for you."

Your choice.

Thank you, Anthony.

Hi!

can you please check mine. 

I'm getting less interview than before. I wonder If my profile is professional enough or not. 

thanks in advance. 

Mahinoor,

You have probably noticed that I can be very picky. This is partly because your English could improve a little and I don't like to make changes without explaining why.

So: Stray thoughts: Your introductory video is very nice. I liked it. But it is long and it doesn't show off your skills at special effects and features very well. So keep it, but replace that with something shorter and fancier when you get a chance.

Your rate is too low. I understand this is done to attract the first couple of customers, but you could surely start at $15 per hour. It shows more confidence.

Your write up needs white space. It's too crowded together. You have to put in some space between paragraphs.

You should fix a few things. Don't use capital letters for TEXT and MY JOB. Write TEXT with a capital T to match your other listings and put MY JOB in lower case in italics. It will look better.

Write out Youtube ... instead of YT.

Erase this sentence: I have completed a professional video editing course from a local institution here in Dhaka.

Why do that? You are here as an expert. I am a writer. I don't say "I took a course in English grammar when I was young." That just looks odd. All video editors took a course somewhere, so just cross that sentence out. It looks childish.

Help full is one word: helpful. 

Erase "Also Don't hesitate to knock me on inbox" Replace that with "Don't hesitate to get in touch."

Cross out the rest and replace it with "I'm always available to talk ... would love to hear more about your project. Thank you!"

OK, those are pretty picky items, but your profile is really fine.  There's nothing wrong with it, but it will look more professional if you fix those little, nagging items.

So here is something that will really give you a boost: Cut and paste this and put it at the very top of your write up:

From an early Upwork review:

"Mahinoor was very diligent and professional, and made revisions without any trouble. I'd love to work with her again. Her video editing was top notch! Highly recommended!"

Cut and paste all that and put it up where everyone can see it. Put all of your write up below that. Why? There is nothing -- absolutely nothing -- that will bring in business more than a previous customer saying they would love to work with you again. 

Hope that helps. 

Hi Anthony, can you just spend a few minutes on my profile and share your feedback please?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0168b4cf269118057a/

Hi, Can you please check my profile? I would love to get some feedback from you. 

Hi Anthony, 

I'd be grateful if you could review my profile, pls. I'm new to Upwork.

Regards. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths