🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi Community!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

4,578 REPLIES 4,578

Mayur,

Hard to say. I don't know what a stack developer does. Anyway, in your first sentence "wan" is not a word. You want "want to" not "wan."

At the bottom you want "speaks to," with an "s" at the end of speak(s).

Hello Anthony.

Could you please check my profile? I have submitted some proposals but no answer. Maybe it is because I am new here. Or maybe there is smth wrong on my profile. 

asnide1
Community Member

Hello Nigina,

When I reviewed your profile, my first impression was that you started each sentence with "I".  It's a very direct approach, though (in my opinion) you could change the structure a little and add more details.

For example.  Your profile currently says: "I am an experienced ESL teacher. I also have experience in managing and leading. My writing is perfect in Russian and English languages. I write resumes, letters, essays and articles fluently. I can edit English and Russian texts. I can use Microsoft office programs fluently."

Here are some areas that you could expand on to add more context to who you are and what you specialize in as well as why somebody might hire you.

• How long have you been an ESL teacher?  How many years?
  • What type of managing and leading do you specifically have?
  • Do you have any certificates or writing examples you could share in your porfolio, such as examples of resumes, letters or essays?
  • When translating from English to Russian texts, do you have any examples of your work?  
  • Which Microsoft Office programs and versions are you most fluent with and how long have you been using them and for what reason or in what type of setting?

Those are just a few things I thought I might be able to help you out with.  I'm new here too and wish you the best of luck on your UpWork adventure.

Kindest Regards,

Adam

39a153a5
Community Member

Hello, I'm new to Upwork. Could you please help me go through my profile? I need your feedback. Thank you.

rona-oma
Community Member

Hello Adams

Please help me review my profile.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~015e5104f884c4ceed

asnide1
Community Member

Hello Joy,

I think you are off to a great start with your profile.  Something I would suggest is posting some examples of your work in your portfolio.   For example, if you have access to Instagram analytics, I would show a screenshot of the historical account activity before you worked with the client and mark when you started, and show the increase in the account's activity.

I would set your rate higher though I'm not sure what the competitive rate is for what you do.  You can always negotiate down though by charging more on your profile, you present yourself as if you have more experience and value to your time.

Also, I've copied your profile here with different lines highlighted and my suggestions below.

From your profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~015e5104f884c4ceed

1. Quote of the day: Don't be tempted by low rates and lose your Instagram account.
  2. An experienced Instagram expert with 3+ years of experience in providing Instagram Follower Growth Campaign.
  3. A savvy Instagram manager specializing in Instagram Organic Growth, Engagement, and Page impression.
  4. I have helped several business owners/brands to build their Target followers, increase their engagements, and also connect them to more potential customers/clients without the use of any bot.
  5. I’m ready to grow your Instagram account!!! If you are looking for a highly skilled Instagram Expert to grow your Brand/Business, increase your potential Clients/Customers, and at the same increase engagement then you came to the right person. I can help you increase your audience and increase your engagement on Instagram, not just any audience but real and relevant followers and real comments from your target audience that are interested in your Instagram page.
  6. I can build your followers, likes & comments organically and very fast. With experience outside Upwork, I have been able to help small business owners/ personal brands to build up their real followers with their target and relevant audiences and at the same time increase engagement without attracting any ban or restriction to their account.
  7. I know the updated algorithm of Instagram and I put effort to follow them.
  8. Together with my strategies, I get a good result in the end. I don't deliver low-quality work, my results are top-quality services being rendered. I’m an honest, disciplined, hardworking, and goal-oriented individual. Quote of the day: Don't be tempted by low rates when you are looking for quality work. Send an invitation, and let's discuss this further.

My recommendations:

1. Remove this line.  It adds no value to what you bring to a client.
  2. I would remove this line as it is better said in Line 3
  3. I would say "I am a savvy ..."
  4. Remove the capital 'T' in Target followers.  Make the last word plural: 'bots'.
  5. This is a great line.  I think you should have this as your first line in your profile as it sets a nice tone.
  6. I would remove the last part: without attracting any ban or restriction to their account.
  7. Maybe change this to "Rest assured that I'm an expert and embedded into the Instagram algorithm every day." or something like that.
  8. Remove "Together with my strategies, I get a good result in the end. I don't deliver low-quality work, my results are top-quality services being rendered." and the ending 'Quote of the day' piece.  

Please take my feedback with kindness as I am only trying to help you to find success with my suggestions above.  I think you have a great profile though some minor changes could help you out.  The big thing would be providing some screenshots of work you've done.   You can blur out the client's name if that is a concern.

I hope this feedback helped.

Adam

Hello Adam S, 

I like the way you review profiles. Please I'm new here kindly review my profile. Thank you. 

Hello Adam,

Can you please review my profile?

https://www.upwork.com/fl/usmanusman29

regards

Usman...

nbgiang
Community Member

Hi Adam S,

Please help me review my profile and suggest some improvements.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0124801cb1ac6a051c

Thanks you!

14b4a7ae
Community Member

Hi Adam,

Hope every thing goes well.

May you  take a look at my profile and suggest some improvements please ?

https://www.upwork.com/fl/~01708e0e29f1a6f4ca

Regards.

8c4c1751
Community Member

Hi Adam S,
Can you please review my profile?

cb77d471
Community Member

Dear Adam,

It is amazing to see how detailed feedback you are providng to newbies. I would be grateful if you could have look at my profile as well. Here is the link to my freelancer profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0135db37ebbf3208c5 

d13950c4
Community Member

Hello Adams

I know every profile checking is tough, but I will be very grateful if you review my profile.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/engr

Thanks

Sure.

Hey Md, please change your Settings to Public instead of Private. Currently nobody can view your Profile. Thanks!

Hey Joy, please obtain Reviews for all projects because this will help in getting new clients and add a sentence description to the Employment section. Thanks!

I'm new on Upwork. Would you please take a look at my profile and suggest some improvements?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01e403cecee250947c

Hello, Mr. Adam

Would you please take a look at my profile and suggest some improvements?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01e403cecee250947c

afc0c71b
Community Member

Hi, Adam S am new to Upwork please could you help review my profile, thanks.

asnide1
Community Member

Hello Promise,

I Love your name!  You're very lucky and I would try to market yourself as such.  After reading your profile, I was skeptical about your capabilities though.  Personally, I would change the entire thing.  I am writing this to help you and want you to excel - please take my advice as one person's opinion.  I am writing with care and trying to help. 🙂

Let me explain.

When people search for your service, you come upon a search result list.  What keywords would people use to find you?  If you are struggling with this, then I suggest hiring somebody from Upwork that might be able to help.  For example, would they use the words "flyer designer" to find you?  Are there industry terms that you know people search for?  If so, use these words in your title.

When I searched for "Flyer and Poster Designer" this is what I see:

https://www.upwork.com/ab/profiles/search/?q=Flyer%20And%20Poster%20Designer&user_pref=2

You have 2 lines of text to grab somebody's attention that is very busy and trying to find somebody to help them.  The customer is not going to go through every profile.  You need to catch their attention within the first two lines of text.

YOU have an amazing name and a great profile picture.  That would catch my eye.  Now you need to create a better title and first two lines of text.

You have an amazing portfolio!  You're very talented.  Write with confidence and explain what you do, why the customer should contact you and what you will provide.

Creative Flyer and Poster Designer with two years of experience in the industry. I help clients reach their target audience with attention-grabbing designs which in turn convert and boost sales. While I offer value through my services I hope to grow and explore more of my skills as I scale through this challenging industry.

In my opinion, talking about how you are going to 'overcome challenges' and only have a few years of experience will not help you gain clients.  

I suggest something like:

I am a Creative Flyer and Poster Designer who produces exceptional quality work extremely fast.  I will produce several drafts for you to choose from and adjust the final draft to exceed your exectations.  I literally Promise 💙

Then when the person clicks into your profile, they can see the next lines.

Something like:

After you message me, I will be in direct communication with you to understand your vision and the end result.  If you have existing images or an idea from a graphic you've seen before, please send them as well.  

I have a lot more work availble to show you during an interview process.  Please check out some of my more recent work in my portfolio below.

I use Adobe InDesign, .......... and will provide you with blah blah blah files.

I Promise to always be available and attentive to detail.

----------------------

I wish you prosperity,

Adam

469ee98e
Community Member

Hello Adam...

Could you please review my profile (https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~012c26d309b4654cdd) and give feedback. I'm not getting any invitations. Please let me know how can I improve my profile..

9f6b8182
Community Member

Hi Adam,

I'm a newbie too, can you help me please with my profile. Thanks a lot! Bernadette

436d4f08
Community Member

Hello Adam, thanks for all the feedback you are providing to us here, I have been on upwork for a while now and am not getting any views at all, I collected my first project through sending of proposals, I have not get anything since then, I would greatly appreciate it if you can take a look at my profile and give some feedback. 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01c6668c7580c9d361

Thanks

Hi Adam. I'd really appreciate it if you can check my profile and provide feedback. Thank you.

d3b169e7
Community Member

Hi Adam,

Could you please review my profile.

Thanks Adam.

d0576f17
Community Member

Hello Adam! Would you please take a look at my profile and suggest some improvements?

3e69dabe
Community Member

Hello Adam, Could you please review my profile and give me your precious profile? I have been here on Upwork for the past month and have sent many proposals, but haven't heard back from anyone. My profile has 0 views as well.  

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01b8d8a7ae9af023cf

Thank you.

436d4f08
Community Member

Hello Adam, thanks for all the feedback you are providing to us here, I would greatly appreciate it if you can take a look at my profile and give some feedback.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01c6668c7580c9d361

Thanks

4588434b
Community Member

Hello Adam,

How are you? I hope you are in good health. I'm new to Upwork. I have applied to many jop posts, but unfortunately i couldn't receive any positive feedbacks from the clients. Can you please review my profile and find is there anything i'm missing on it ? or any improvements to be done ?

Your help is highly appritiated on this matter.

Thank You.

Kind Rgds,

Riyadh.

88774ba5
Community Member

Hello Adam S.

I have submitted many proposals but had no answer from clients. I have a lot of experience in the field. Could you find out what's wrong with my profile? 

cc12a20d
Community Member

Hello Adam,
Thank you so much for all the feedback you are giving us here. I would appreciate it if you could take a look at my profile and provide feedback.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01a33bdf41ca9842e3

Hello Anthony,

i am not changing my profile visibility also my current profile visibility is private

please check

Thanks,

Nikunj

Hello Upwork community, I want some sort of suggestion. My profile is not ranking, I will complete my profile 100% and also optimize it. I will send a lot of proposals and still not get any job. Can you please check my profile and give me some suggestions on how can improve things more. I will be waiting for your response.

Hey! Can you please check my profile and let me know how can I improve it further.? 

Thanks in advance 

looks very legit and professional, nothing to add, try working on the cover letter. good luck

Asma, 

pardon my writing with one thumb ... I'm not very good at that. However, I can say with confidence that I have read a few hundred profiles and have yet to see one as convincing or elegant as yours. 

I recommend you raise your rate right away. It's an expression of confidence and an Upwork profile has very few chances to express confidence, which is paramount for digital marketing (given you never meet your online clients face to face and if you're not confident why would they be?). 

I have other thoughts to share, about freelancing, but as far as your profile goes, that's as far as we go on just one thumb. 

Bottom line: I'm very impressed. 

Hello Anthony, please kindly check out my profile and give me your point of improvement.

Thank you very much.

Willy

Anthony, I really like your specific analysis of the details of the profiles! Thank you for working so hard! I was very glad to your opinion about my profile. I just came to Upwork.

Hello Antonio!

Thanks for this initiative!

It would help me a lot if you could take a look at my profile and suggest some improvements.

I work very hard every day sending proposals for months and I have only achieved a small job.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01f26a9a39d65027ed

Thank you very much!
Gil Chaida.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths