🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi Community!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

4,578 REPLIES 4,578
7d67dda1
Community Member

Hi!

It is a pleasure for me to greet this beautiful community.

Grateful that they saw my profile and gave me their opinions

Thanks.

formationnikit
Community Member

Hello,
I am Web developer. I try to make proposal but i don't have any response. So i checked my profile a saw that i had no views. Could you please review my profile and help me to improve my visibility.

Thank in advance.

dad5e9dc
Community Member

Would you please take a look at my profile and suggest some improvements? 

cb060af1
Community Member

Hello would you take a look at my profile please 

ijunaid2
Community Member

Hi Mike,

I am experienced customer support represntative but new to upwork. Can you provide a feedback to my profile.

Thank you.

06b5cbe4
Community Member

I think it's a great idea. I would also like to receive some comments on my profile.

Susmita,

I think you're off to a great start. In the first place, there should be lots of work for a medical writer. Secondly, it is to your advantage to specialize. 

A couple of things. I notices you started with "I am Dr. .... " and in the next paragraph you say "We ...." 

I would definately drop the "we." and change that to "I." It's unusual for Upwork freelancers to share the work and this might really confuse your clients.

Then take out the paragraph that starts with "Do you trust me?"

There is no reason for people not to trust you. If you bring it up, people will wonder why. It's like saying "Am I honest?" Why would you mention that if it wasn't an issue. 

Finally, if you are a medical writer and have a medical degree, then you are already well on your way. You know blogs pay OK, content writing pays better and SEO writing can pay very well if you are hired by the right company (directly hired by the company is better than working for an Upwork middle-man). Anyway, you should at least double your rate ... with a doctorate, working for $10 per hour shows a lack of confidence. Writers do at least a little better than that and writers who are also doctors should be able to do much better.

246edeb6
Community Member

Hello,

would you please take a look at my profile.

Because I am not gatting any jobs.

Nafisatu,

Just like the profile above (Miriam's), it is a bit tricky to sell two different services as a freelancer. The idea is you should be an expert at what you provide here and it's strange to see someone trying to tell us they are an expert at two different things. 

With this in mind ... what skills as an educational psychologist do you expect to sell to people on a freelance basis. You should spell that out. Do you expect to offer services as a tutor, as a psychological tester, as a problem solver? You should say directly what the service you are selling is ... if you don't know, how is anyone else going to know?

Please visit my profile and help me with your feedback. thanks

Community Member

Hello

could you please review my profile and suggest some improvements 

Thanks

Mariam,

It's a little tricky to offer two different types of services -- proofreading and designing are pretty different. The basic advise would be to just go with one, rather than two .... but I hate to be the party pooper. Still, two different skills is a bit tricky in the freelance world. 

bcaf9b61
Community Member

What a great idea!  I would love to have someone look over my profile and give me feedback!  Thank you

Heidi,

Great voice and a very nice introductory video. I didn't find the sample with different accents on it and wonder why you didn't supply a few in your introductrofy video. It might be a chance to have a little fun with your accents.

Also ... I just think "I provide voiceover ..." is just a touch underwhelming. People want to know that the risk they take in hiring you is covered. If you don't have a long track-record on Upwork then the confidence has to come from you (rather than from a long string of high reviews). So, you should start with "I am a successful voiceover artist who has done ...."

You don't have a track record on Upwork to loan us that confidence in you, so you have to provide it yourself. 

I also think you should raise your rate for the same reason. A higher rate shows confidence. Often suggested: Look for other voiceover profiles, check out their rates and pick one in the middle of the pack. A low rate also attracts scammers and amateurs. You don't want to get tangled with either of those.

Welcome to the Monkey House, as they say ... and good luck. Hope this helps.

bc7075e5
Community Member

I just signed up today. And I don't know if my profile is ok. I want you to please take a look on my profile

Ismaila,

Your profile should be about what services you are selling and what gains people will see by hiring you. You say one of your skills is "fast learning." This is not the place to learn. Upwork clients pay money for your services. They don't want to pay money if you're just learning the job. 

Of course, that's not impossible ... but that isn't the expectation in freelance work. Freelancers are expected to be experts, not novices who are learning on the job.

joji23
Community Member

Hi there!

I would gladly  appreciate it. Also, I would like to ask for guidance on how can I start a job without such certification and experience to provide. since I just started to check what's Upwork can be a steppingstone to help me provide financial assistance for my family. 

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thank you!

Regards, 

Joyce

Hey Joyce, please use all 15 Skills and add another paragraph to your Summary. Thanks!

Joyce,

The details people want to know are what service or services are you selling. You say you don't really know what people want you to say. That is what they want to hear: What are you selling and what can they expect to gain from hiring you.

b44d669a
Community Member

Would you please look at my profile and suggest some improvements?

Hey Atikur, please change your Settings from Private to Public so your Profile can be viewed. Thanks!

7963cc24
Community Member

hey, I need some help to improve my profile to get my first job.

Hey Adb, please add more information to the Summary and use all 15 Skills. Thanks!

sanakrani
Community Member

ok

06f96613
Community Member

Hi Mike,

Hope you are doing well !!

I have few couple of questions regarding my profile :-

1. My Profile is Set to Private.  Can you please help me how to get it Public Profile ?

2. In last 90 Days, I have applied to several jobs but no reponses that have been received from them how i approach them to get the work from clients ?

3. I had already uploaded Project Dashboards, but I am still not getting any response by uploading the Project Dashboards to show case my skills.

Kindly review my profile and please advise.

Thanks & Regards

Abdul Dudhwala

Hi Mike,

I haven't received any feedback on my profile review, although I understand there guys are busy . Kindly look into my profile and give suggestions how to make profile attractive to get the clients from last 90 days I didn't got any feedback or work from clients.

I am looking forward for your response.

Best Regards

Abdul Dudhwala

3b697b7b
Community Member

Please visit my profile and help me with your feedbacks. thanks

b37f43dc
Community Member

Hello out there! Would you kindly review my account profile? I have 100% job success but never get profile visits or job offers. I send proposals without success.  I will really appreciate your insights and kind assistance. Thank you for your time.

Dismas,

Your write-up shows you are a wordsmith. You enjoy using spicy, flavorful words. Terrific.

I would suggest you go a little longer with your write-up, but don't compliment yourself too much. You can overdo it. People want to find out a little bit about you but simple statements about what a great guy you are tend to backfire. Write a bit more about your writing experiences or describe your writing process. But, again, stay away from more compliments about your writing. You already have enough of those. Just write simple statments, "I always meet deadlines." or "I have written for _______ publications." Things like that may help.

65f44ec9
Community Member

Hi 

Waqas,

You wrote one sentence for your profile. I suggest you look at other Upwork profiles and find freelancers who have some success. One sentence of effort, basically, isn't going to get you much work.

67a6729a
Community Member

Hi Mike I wish you are doing well, would you please take a look at my profile and suggest some improvements?

d28a0028
Community Member

Could someone please take a look at my profile and suggest some improvements? I am currently looking to work online, first time as a freelance, buti I still haven't gotten any work. Thanks!

Angeles,

Your photo is too dark. You want a photo just like you have -- a direct head shot -- but you need one that doesn't obscure your face.

basit895
Community Member

Hi Mike. I can't figure out how to reverse my profile from being 'private'? I was inactive for a while, but now I am back again with complete devotion, so I would like to make it available to the public if you could assist. 

Hi Basit,

Your profile visibility has been reset as per your request.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
basit895
Community Member

thanks a lot!

also please if you could quickly check out my profile and suggest some improvements to score my first project! would really appreciate it. thanks! 

usama_binafzal
Community Member

Would you please take a look at my profile and suggest some improvements?

Usama,

Not bad ... I think your rate is a bit low, but your profile has no errors in it that I can see.

Good luck.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths