🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,259 REPLIES 2,259
9098f477
Community Member

Please check my profile & give your valuable feedback about my profile. Thanks!

kenmex
Community Member

Hi Mike et al,

I seem to not get any new jobs the last couple of months... Could you please check out my profile? I would appreciate your input and comments very much.

Thank you

Kostas

Kostas,

My first thought was that your write-up was about twice the length it should be. This is clearly a place where less is more.

My second thought is that I really don't like rhetorical questions. So, I would delete that entire first paragraph. 

Clients already know they are "struggling with Excel sheets ..." etc. So why are you asking them that? That first paragraph is just a waste of your client's time.

Then take out that paragraph near the end that starts with "As you can see from my client's feedback ..."

If they can see it, why are you pointing that out to them? Your clients aren't children.  They can see it. They read it. Why are you belaboring the point?

If you take out those two paragraphs you will find you haven't lost a thing. If you take out the first paragraph, clients might actually read enough to get to those terrific quotes you posted. Those are great. Don't make it so it's difficult or time consuming to get to the best part of your write-up (those great reviews). 

You seem very friendly, which is absolutely great, but after too much bragging, it just gets tiresome. 

Hi Anthony,

Hope you're doing well. I have been following your feedback and noticed they are always very spot on. My name is Laila and I am new on Upwork and would highly appreciate it if you could review my profile. 

It is set up to target translation and proofreading jobs from English and Spanish into German.

Best,

Laila

Hello Anthony,

Please can you check my profile, I will really appreciate. Thank you. 

Hi Haruna, great Profile! You might consider moving your bill rate from $3 to $5. Next step is to start applying for Jobs. Thanks!

Hi Anthony, 

You are doing a great job here, can you please look at my profile for corrections please? 

Hi Anthony,

Am pleased with how you correct and help out people here,kindly review my profile as well and guide me on what i should do,am new on upwork but i have over 5 years experience in accounting work..

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Joyce

Sir Anthony please spare your precious time to check mine too comment, your vision is really great to amend and improve our ways of proposal. thanks in advance

Hi Micheal, you are doing a good job here kindly help with my profile am getting frustrated. I need feedback on how to optimize thank you. Below is my profile link.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01d38a1a5ffa001cb3

Hi Anthony, you are doing a good job here kindly help me with my profile am getting frustrated. I need feedback on how to optimize thank you. Below is my profile link.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01d38a1a5ffa001cb3

7d67dda1
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I am new to upword and would like to know if my profile is optimized.

Please let me know your suggestions to improve my profile.

Thanks!

When you don't have any client reviews to point to, what is lacking is the confidence clients need to hire you. Without those reviews from previous clients, you have to supply that confidence yourself.

Your profile isn't terrible, but you might want to add more. Use words like "experienced," "succesfull," "great feedback from previous employers."  Use words that instill confidence. "Excellent track record ..." or "high response rate ..."

Also, use  those words in reference to your work, not yourself. It doesn't matter that you're motivated, what matters is that you "get the job done" or that you "always hit deadlines." 

Whatever adds confidence will help. 

Absolutely the truth she needs to hear pertaining to her freelance journey on Upwork. I understand the fact that she's curious to get almost everything up and running but still, it takes time to know the right information to put up there. 

Hi, Mr. Antonio!

Thank you for your contributions.

Will you please check my profile?

d0007b4a
Community Member

Could you please check  my profile   and share your valuable feedback.

Thanks!

Tahmid,

Excellent write up. Here's a trick that might help: Take that really great endorsement quote, cut and paste it so it's the first thing in your write up (which is excellent, as I said). Anyway, in this manner the first thing people will read is a quote from someone who hired you and thought you were well worth the money. 

As it is, I wouldn't touch a word otherwise. 

52fc0131
Community Member

I am new to Upwork, please check my profile and advice accordingly. Thanks 🙏

allpurposewriter
Community Member

Muhammad,

You seem to be off to a good start. I'd say your approach was pretty solid.

Hi There,

Have a great day!

I am new to upwork and created the profile and i am expert in the services what I am offering but not getting proposals accepted. Please review my profile and guide me what kind of changes do i need to make to get hired.

Thanks in advance for your help and assitance

25851dbe
Community Member

Please check and review my profile

33a37238
Community Member

Hi, i'm in , thank you

Rosalie,

You have to put in a bit more effort than that. The basics are this: What are you selling and what will the clients gain from hiring you. "I am a French teacher who can get you from day one to complete fluency or simply help you advance or practice in one of the great languages on Earth ..." 

Put some passion in it, but stick to the basics: What are you selling and what do people gain from hiring you?

adamjamesm
Community Member

Hello, I look forward to having you review my profile. 

Thank you.

Adam,

The Upwork profile page is designed to make it easy for prospective clients to get to know something about you. You're doing the opposite. You're making it difficult.

In the first place, you ask people to go over to your website ... that's a chore, which gets you to a site that says, "Oh, hello there," as if they weren't expected. But you directed them there ... so it's not unexpected. 

That sounds picky, but marketing is all about the meta message -- the message people feel in the gut, not the message of words and information, particularly.

All you have to do is write a few sentences here. Your profile kind of says, "I'm too lazy to do that."

I also get this vibe that you are selling your creativity. This isn't what people want. They want creative film making or creative marketing or whatever, but you have to make this easy for your clients, not cryptic. Tell them: "I am a creative film maker who can provide you with ..."

Or whatever ... "I am a designer with  a wide range of styles ... "

Go that way. Make it very easy for people to trust you. Don't dance around. Make it simple.

f4ecbc59
Community Member

Please do check my profile and make suggestions.

Naomi,

If you were walking down Main Street you would see a sign saying "Liquor Store." You would think: "Oh, they sell liquor there."

Then, if you passed a store with a sign that said "Shoe Store," you would think, "Oh, they must sell shoes there."

Then you come to a sign that says "Dependable and Honest." And you wouldn't have a clue what that meant. Most people are dependable and honest -- at least enough of them are that it's taken as a starting point for most relationships. So it has no economic value at all.

What are you selling? Freelancers are people in business for themselves who are selling, generally, a service of one kind or another -- writers, graphic designers, illustrators, accountants, voiceover artists, etc. 

Your profile then says, "I am a writer who can ......" 

Upwork isn't a place for finding a job. It's a place for selling services to people.

Thank you very much. Your perspective is quite helpful. I will remedy that tomorrow. 

sir Anthony

I am new in upwork and finding a work 

so kindly review my profile and give suggestion

b19f5dfe
Community Member

Thanks for this. I'm interested please.

3b8cc421
Community Member

Today is my first day on Upwork. I signed up a few days ago, but only added my profile today. Please take a look. I'm open to any suggestion. 

Thanks!

963372fc
Community Member

Hello Mike sir,

I Need your feedback and support.

Thank You

awssupports
Community Member

hello Mike 

I am not new to Upwork but I can't land a good job. I don't know what to do.  can you tell me what is wrong with my profile? thanks

Sam

cabdb90f
Community Member

Hi, 

I would be grateful if anyone could check my profile and give suggestions on how to improve it. 

Thank you

Sanjana,

Can you be a bit more specific about your experiences? Can you give some idea of what the clients gained from your work?

Just making up an example here, this might be, "I worked on Power Point presentations for a sales company that has helped train hundreds of their employees." 

That's just made up, of course, but if you could add two or thiree descriptions like this it may help.

That's just one opinion, but maybe worth a try.

Thanks a lot, Anthony! I'll definitely try that. Do let me know if there are other things that I should change.

Get Profile: Social Media Management Digital Marketing Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork
Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, ensure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and reply below. 

other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you have not received a responWe’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each se yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Thanks.
Yamin Khan.
Digital Marketing Spesalist

Just saw in your thread that you are reviewing the freelancer's profile. I have read some of your comments & I like them. I have created my new profile on Upwork. I will be glad if you review my profile and help me to find a new client. 

I appreciate any help you can provide. 

Yamin

1007063b
Community Member

I'd like to get profile feedback. I started Upwork two months ago, and haven't gotten any jobs yet. Though I got replies from some proposals, it never really went through. Please check my profile if there's anything wrong. 

Thank you.

juwairia_m
Community Member

Hi All - I hope you're doing great!

Would love feedback on my profile. I'm struggling with a low job score despite great ratings from all my clients so far. Thanks in advance!

My Profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~012a6755234d002e54

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths