🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,259 REPLIES 2,259

please do check my profile and give feedback!

Yes please check my profile

17de9a13
Community Member

hi Mr. Mike.
I joined UP a few days ago.
Thanks for your help.
Regards.

C.

Carlo,

Look around at other Upwork profiles, searching for ones with high ratings, high earnings, great client reviews.

Your write up should be confident, friendly and edifying. What I see is overconfidence and unfriendly. "Don't ask me for conventional jobs." What is that all about? Do you think bossing people around before you've even met them is going to help you get contracts? Besides, you got here, what, yesterday, and you already feel you can turn down work? Even if that were the case, why would you say that? If you don't want a conventional job (whatever that might be) then don't apply for them. 

You posted a very negative, lazy write up, in my opinion. 

okkkkkkkkkk

thanks

thanks

Check mine too please. I'm new as well.. 

Hello Carlo,

Please, would you mind checking out my profile?

Mansaray,

You're intrductory video is terrific. Did you put that together yourself?

What I recommend is you look at a few graphic designer profiles, seeking out ones that show high earnings and great feedback reviews. See if you can find a few ideas from them about how to expand your write-up, which is very sparse.

Good luck.

Hi Anthony, 
Would you please have a look at mine?

Mohammad, 

i

like your write up. Unfortunately, my technical skills are not at your level, so it's hard for me to comment further. 
still, I liked what I saw. And you've got great reviews. Impressive.

Good 

Mustafa Ali

Could you lease check mine as well.

Fatima,

To announce are new to Upwork and have only a limited amount of  experience is to invite scammers, not clients.

See if you can rewrite that, but don't giveaway anything about being new to writing.

hello I am new to upwork but I have exact 2+ years experinced in Adobe softwares such as Ae,Pp, Ai, Ps

how can I explore my self on this platform

HN S,

There's a lot of competition in your field. You need to have someone edit your write-up and then write more. Put some passion into it. Try to describe your range of styles and how your designs have helped other people. 

Good luck.

Hi Anthony, 
Could you see my profile ?

Alessandra, 

First of all, please design a house for me. I think your work is brilliant--original and very cool.

However, with all that talent, I wonder why you can't say more about your work or something about how your previous clients appreciated your designs. Something ...

You have to write a little more so potential clients stay with you a bit longer. Most people don't make a hiring or money-spending decision that quickly.

Pretend the reader is a guest at your house. Try to make them comfortable. Brag a little. Keep it light and informative. Pretend they're visiting your studio and you're the hostess. You don't have to oversell, but a little bit of bragging is forgivable.

Thanks you to tell me my weakness🙂

Hey HN S, can you take a look at mine, please?

makes more effort

Could you please check out my profile too?

Thanks 

Am wating too...

can you please suggesst me some ?

Hi Anthony

Iam new to Upwork .Iam an acccountant and would like to do bookkeeping and accounting jobs.Kindly review my profile.Your advise would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Tariro

Tariro,

One problem with the Internet is people are so far away. That means people on Upwork are hiring, essentially, strangers, people they will never meet. 

As such, it helps to just tell people one or two personal details. Something like, "I'm a big soccer fan who loves strawberry milkshakes," or maybe, "I'm an avid bike rider and love to cook."

Obviously, you have to think of your own personal details to share. But it doesn't matter what it might be; clients like that you sound friendly.

Please review my profile. Thank you! 

"Hi Sir" Can you please Looke at my profile, and Tell Me 'What I need To Do to Get My First Job?

Anthony, Would you mind reviewing my profile?

Siddhi,

You caught me at a very bad time. I'm just back from the hospital and haven't looked at the Upwork site in quite some time.

Really quickly, your profile is fine ... except (there's always an except) you go on and on about yourself and forget to mention your clients very much.

Clients don't want to see your skillis; they want to see what you can do for them. As such, "I am skilled at Adobe photoshop" turns into "I am an expert at Adobe Photoshop who can put dazzle into your marketing and branding, draw in new customers and turn casual visitors into long-term customers."

See the difference? You talk about your skills, and that's fine, but you have to turn the corner. The corner is a way to get the client to believe you understand their problems. If you can convince clients you understand them ... that's a very powerful step in the right direction.

Good luck.

Hi Anthony,

I hope you're doing good now.

Best wishes for you.

Hi Anthony,

I appreciate your help from before, and I was hoping to pick your brain over again. I believe I need some advice on crafting better proposal language when propose on client offerings. I feel like I should be getting a few more interviews than I am, and I cannot help but wonder if my fee is too high or I am saying something off. I can send sample proposals if that helps. I really appreciate your generosity.

Respectfully,

Conor

Excellent

Mustafa Ali

Hi Anthony H.

I'm a newbie on Upwork. Kindly review my profile and tell me where to improve. 

Thanks.

Hi Anthony,

could you please, check out my profile...

Thanks

Hello Anthony,

Can you please view my profile too?

Phunparah, 

Your write-up is very busy and passionate. It has tons of enthusiasm and makes lots of promises. I kind of love it.

On the other hand, I am not a big fan of all those icons or emoji symbols. (I don't know what to even call them.)

to me, all those little check marks and symbols are a messy distraction. You're a writer, so trust your writing. Let the words have their chance.

But that's just me. I'm old school. I was raised in the grand, old days of typewriters. So what do I know? 
It's just a matter of taste. For me, it looks cluttered. But to someone younger it probably looks standard.

I still love the enthusiasm. Its friendly as can be, so that is a big plus.

Pardon all the typos here; I am only typing with one thumb. 

Hi there,

I would like to my profile get check by you 🙂

Dear @anthony H

I joined upwork few days back. 2 of my data entry proposals were accepted, but the client selected another person meanwhile. Please review my profile and let me improve..

Cheers

Dear Anthony, 

Would you help me review my profile? that will be a great help. Thank you.

Hi Anthony, would you mind checking up on my profile?

Many thanks. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths