🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,259 REPLIES 2,259
0dda58bb
Community Member

Dear all,

Hope you're well. It would be a great help if you can review my profile and give feedback.

Thanks & regards

I don't believe you.

38b5265b
Community Member

i'm new at Upwork, and i need profile feedback, please help me and i will help you

f456019a
Community Member

Can you please review my profile. Thanks😀

ca_naman
Community Member

Hi Mike, pls check my profile

abdullahkhan446
Community Member

Dear Sir,

I have submitted more than thirty proposals but there is no response till date.

Kindly provide feedback for my improvement.

Thanks

Abdullah A 

Abdullah,

Do you actually have any experience? It doesn't sound like it.

Yes I have more than four years of experience in accounting in steel industry and in textiles.

OK, great. Now you have to convince me that it's true.

You have a lot of competition. What I suggest is looking through Upwork. Look for profiles of accountants who are doing well. Read their profiles. Get some ideas from them. What makes their profiles convincing? Do they talk about past experiences, point to successes in their past, discuss the benefits of their services in a way the customer can appreciate?

Look for accountants with good earnings and high ratings. Get some ideas from them.

3dac8999
Community Member

can you Please check my profile.

Imad,

Not very convincing.

Elaborate on your skills in the description. Take care of grammatical errors i.e Capital letters, punctuation, etc. Look at the title ' graphic web designer' why not it should be written as 'Graphic Web Designer'. Search for multiple jobs, save their descriptions, and from the clients' job details, you can pick the right keywords, they are looking for. Besides this, also seek inspiration from the portfolio of other Top-rated freelancers. Do not copy and paste their portfolio, rather take only guidance. Furthermore, complete your profile with all the information required to Upwork. Adding more of your professional work to your portfolio will give you exposure to more and more clients.

Imad,

My guess is that there are close to a million web designers trying to find work through Upwork. It isn't enough to be "good" at design. You have to be a complete, unmitigated pro. You have to be an expert. There's too much competition to settle for being mediocre.

2d0a2896
Community Member

Hello, 

Please check my profile. Thank you.

Efsun,

Hey. Nice profile.

Random points: I'm not sure there is that much call for a freelance publisher. It's an odd enough idea to catch my eye, but many people would ignore it. Still -- it's the first thing in your title and probably the least lucrative in terms of contract work. So I would move it further down the list if I were you. (As a humorous aside, there are thousands apon thousands of people who hire writers on Upwork, but I suspect only 2 percent know what a publisher actually does. You could do a seminar on that.)

Second -- your write up is fairly down to earth, but your writing sample is serious acadamia. I didn't know hierarchize was even a verb. That said, in my experence, there's a lot more work in content, blog and SEO writing than academic writing here. (Academics are supposed to do their own writing, after all.) So, I'd look for another writing sample and post two or three at least. 

Now that I think if it, I'm not sure the desciption of your publishing experience is that helpful, either. But this is just one man's opinion. Maybe there are freelance publishers .... I just never heard of that.

ca9e5e43
Community Member

It was worth my time just reading the experienced Feedback here on my first post.  🙂

Deborah,

There are several very sound arguments for why you should be an expert at something before you offer your skills as a freelancer. Of course, you can ignor that notion in terms of protocol, but then you are stuck with the idea that there are 1.5 million freelence writers on Upwork, likely just as many graphic designers and a solid overload of people who do data entry. So, in the first place, you can't really expect someone to believe you are an expert in all the tasks you put yourself up for .... and even if that were possible, you're competing against millions of people who focus on those tasks one at a time. That's all they know and do -- that one thing -- so they end up as experts who can work by scale, whereas you're just kind of hoping for the best.
Standard advice: Pick one skill that you enjoy. Learn it so well you can be competitive at it. Then offer your skills as a freelancer.

ab202f03
Community Member

Please check my profile!

Thank you!

48cf8137
Community Member

Please check my profile

Elaborate on your skills in the description. Complete your profile with all the information required to Upwork. Adding more of your professional work to your portfolio will give you exposure to more and more clients.

ca_naman
Community Member

Can you please review my profile and provide your feedback. Thanks 🙂

Your profile looks good. Review your rates per hour. All work is $20, then $30, and the next page is $17. Add more portfolio items if possible. Send more and more proposals to new clients to win jobs.

970538b9
Community Member

Who will check my profile? every one is busy!

Mahmudul,

Please modify the Summary into 3 short paragraphs and fix the spacing and line breaks. Also use all 15 Skills IF they apply. Have a great day!

854d6de8
Community Member

Would you please check my profile? I'm new here. 

Kazi,

Don't promise 100 percent satisfaction. Upwork has a payment-delay system that takes care of that. If you don't do excellent work, the client can refuse to pay. It's not up to you and it makes you sound desperate when you say something like that.

Secondly, you make a classic mistake. You say "WHY ME?" Then you go on to list a half dozen reasons why someone should hire you. You start with "Bacause I'm hard working ... yadda, yadda, yadda."

People DON'T hire you because you're hard working. They hire you because you can fix THEIR problem, not your problem. They don't hire  you because you are or are not doing this for the money ... they hire you because you can fix THEIR problem.

Why don't people understand this? Clients DON'T hire you because you're honest or competent or have a nice photo or play chess on the side or have tons of experience ... they hire you because you can fix THEIR problem.

Don't you get that.

Your profile should read.

WHY ME?

Because you need a classy logo that will sell  your product and I can provide that.

You're profile should not say:

Why Me?

Because I jump when you say jump and I bark when you tell me to bark like a dog. It shouild say Why Me? Because I am an expert at solving your problems.

That's why people hire people, right?

Kazi,

Consider adding a Project Catalog and start applying for job. Have a great day!

41705e5d
Community Member

Thank you for sharing the most insightful information. This would be of great assistance to novice freelancers like myself.

Nazmul,

I would like your photo if I was a college friend you were talking to me about your most recent vacation. But this is a professional freelancers platform. That photo won't do you any good here.

You say "Basically, I am an affiliate marketer ..." Why "basically"? What's the point of that word? 

You have to be assertive. "I am an affilate marketer." You are one or you're not one. Don't make this difficult for your clients. Don't make them have to wonder why "basically." Tell them straight. "I am an affiliate marketer."

You then tell everyone you are almost through with college and blah, blah, blah. This is not the way to go. You are not selling yourslf as a student. You are selling your services as an affiliate marketer. You have to focus on that. 

Yes -- it's good to say a little about yourself, but not at the expense of missing the point. The point is to talk about your services. What do you actually do? What are the actual benefits of this? Talk about sales. Talk about profits. Talk about what your clients need to hear ... and they don't give a horse's patoot whether or not you're a college student. That just suggests you are young and inexperience. They are looking for a seasoned pro, so do your best to sound like one.

Nazmul,

The basics are in place, but need to be more professional. Affliate Marketing should be in your Title since that appears to be your focus? Have a great day!

82b535e1
Community Member

I would love a profile critique - I do not know if I am being to general or specific.

Peter,

Too general or specific -- what? You wrote two sentences.

That's just not a lot of effort. Would you go to a job interview and speak two sentences and leave?

It also looks like you are just starting out as a writer. If you're open to very basic content writing or even blog writing you could do well here. My advice: Find writers you admire and keep reading and writing. As far as your profile, check out profiles of other content writers for ideas. Your own profile is woefully lacking. 

This was actaully helpful 

Peter,

Modify the Summary into 3 short paragraphs and use colorful graphics for the Portfolio images. Have a wonderful day!

9287e096
Community Member

I would like you to help me to join my first job

Griffel,

Sorry, but your profile is not very convincing. You say "I have experience in ..." but you don't make it clear that you understand what your clients want. Write about some or your successes, perhaps. The buying public can  be a tough audience. 

Thank you  for the advice, I'll try to change the profile data and add information.

Dear Sir,

Please response to my profile feedback you have given.

Thanks

Griffel,

Please place the Summary into 3 short paragraphs and watch the line breaks. Also use all 15 Skills IF they apply. Have an amazing day!

Thank you for the advice! hope u will also have an amazing day!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths