🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,259 REPLIES 2,259
2f816f5f
Community Member

please check my acc

Ruslan,

Please use all 15 Skills IF they apply and use a one sentence description for each Employment entry. Have a great day!

thanks!

You are most welcome!

Rusian, 

Your profile is, essentially, just vague and unconvincing., "You prefer quality over speed?" That's just rhetoric. "You need someone you can rely on and trust?" Everyone says they are reliable and trustworthy. It isn't anything you can really prove unless someone else says, "He's reliable and trustworthy." Who doesn't think they're honest? Anyone can say that. "You need a person who will do your job very well ...." You could be in middle school and say something like that.

Where's the substance? Can you describe the work you do and point to a few experiences in a convincing way that tells me -- with facts -- that you know what you're doing. You don't get a prize for saying "I know what I'm doing." You get a prize for convincing me that it's true.

2af1ac17
Community Member

If please, could you review my profile? 

690595f7
Community Member

Hi, can you please take a look of my profile, I tarted freelancing after 10 years of working around the globe and I feel like Im wasting my time because I'm doing something wrong https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0131ce8942ef13ea97?viewMode=1 

Ramon, 

I don't think there's really a word "consulter."  I may be wrong, but it would be news to me.

More importantly, don't take this wrong but the single most important aspect of a profile is to establish trust. Anyone can post a bunch of photos and claim to be a successful designer. But it's not very convincing. 

Try that game where you have to sit on your hands and tell a story, my point being can you convince me you're a designer pro without any images available at all--words only. Try and see if you can do that, because that's what it takes to land a contract on Upwork.

You wrote a total of two sentences. As I wrote to someone else who did that, "Would you go to a job interview and speak two sentences and get up and walk out the door? I kind of doubt it.

umitkar
Community Member

Please check my profile.

Umit,

People don't want to hire you to learn. People want to hire you to fix their problem(s). You have to convince people you can do that. Anyone can learn. That's why you go to school and after that you get a job. And here, as a freelancer, you are taking a skill you have and striking out on your own. How can you strike out on your own and promise your clients their money is well spent if you're still learnng the skills?

I understand your point, and you are correct that clients typically hire
freelancers to solve specific problems or complete specific tasks. However,
it is also important to remember that learning and growth are ongoing
processes, and even experienced professionals continue to learn and develop
their skills.
As a freelancer, it is important to be transparent with potential clients
about your current skill set and any areas where you may need to continue
learning in order to effectively serve their needs. Additionally, it can be
helpful to showcase any relevant experience or past successful projects to
demonstrate your ability to deliver results.
Ultimately, what will set a freelancer apart is not just their current
skill set, but also their attitude towards learning, their ability to
adapt, and their ability to communicate effectively with clients.

Emmanuel,

Yes, of course. It's great to say something about your personality and "lifelong learner" is a terrific attribute. I couldn't agree more. 

Your profile is very solid, by the way. Did I review it before? If not, it's great. I also have a degree in psychology and I use a lot of that training in my approach to profile reviews.

What doesn't cut it are statements that say "Hire me because I want to learn more ... " That's not a good selling point for a freelancer.

For an employee, that's a great attitude. But freelancers are sellilng a service and if they botch the work there is no one else to blame but themselves. They've wasted the client's time and money; they get bad reviews that can be very difficult to overcome. It's kind of cutthroat, dog-eat-dog out there.

Maybe I cringe at the word "learning" because I see it often on profiles that say, "Hire me; I'm eager to learn." People who hire freelancers are not, technically, their employers. They are their customers, their clients. It helps to keep the distinctions clear. 

Thanks for your thoughts ... 

Thank you Anthony. Yes, you have reviewed my profile before.

Thanks Anthony for your reply but I did not get the point. I want to know the missing or wrong parts of my profile.

Thanks Anthony for your reply but I did not get the point. I want to know the missing or wrong parts of my profile.

f8243525
Community Member

Check my profile 🙂

Martin,

You're up against designers with a lot of experience. You've got an uphill battle in front of you.

Check out other designer profiles. Maybe you can get some ideas from them. 

i_masaku
Community Member

I'd appreciate some feedback on my profile. Thanks

Irene,

I like the line "de-escalate difficult situations." That works well.

I don't see any particular problem with your profile. It's modest .... but it's clear and positive, too.

abcb9ec6
Community Member

Hi all community members,

Hope you are doing great. I am a new freelancer on this platform. I am facing difficulty to land few clients. Kindly review my profile. If I am doing some basic mistakes? Looking for your reviews and great suggestions.

Best Regards

Hashim,

Writing lists like that is not very convincing. Anyone can write a list of skills or programs. You have to write about your services -- past experiences, prior successes -- and make it meaningful. Anyone can say "I know how to use a computer." You need to be much more convincing than that.

8ef5f49d
Community Member

Dear Mike Sir,

Please Check my profile, and give your valuable suggestions to achieve my first job, I am working on upwork since 6 months, apply for many proposals, but I can't achieve any job so far.. 

I also prepared a project for Institutions namely "Student Result Management System", Display it in upwork project catalog, But all my efforts are in vain till now..

Kindly sir Check my overall profile.

Regards Aqib

9218e539
Community Member

hello sir! look on my profile plz

HN,

Your write up needs help. Do you know anyone who speaks English and can help you out?

You might know a bit of English, but it isn't very professional. Good luck.

83c878b5
Community Member

Hello everyone!

Im new to freelancing and would appriciate feedback and advice on how to improve my profile and become more accessable to clients,

Thank you very much.

Eyal,

Translator and voice actor are very different things. In general, that doesn't help a freelancer. This isn't a convenience store. You're expected to sell a service and this means, for the most part, that you be an expert in that specific niche. 

So, the advice is to keep one and discard the other. This doesn't mean that you can't bid on voice acting jobs should you choose to go with  a translator profile ... or bid on translator jobs if you go with a voice actor profile ... 

You can try going both ways but the smart bet is to focus on one.

Thank you very much for the feedback Anthony, it makes a lot of sense.

I will update it and I appriciate it!

4a317495
Community Member

I'd like to get a review and maybe some help with my profile... Thanks in advance.

Josh,

Freelancing is about selling a service -- a specific service -- to clients. It's not really about, "well, I do a few things well, why don't you pay me because I'm young and friendly."

Sorry.

Thanks my friend... I'm still trying... I do graphic design in specific... but I was writing more stuff as introduction about myself as a person, not as a freelancer... IDK if that's a downside for the profile... If you think, so, please let me know.

Maybe you can help me improve because I just started, and I'm still trying to reach out for clients (as it's the hardest part in freelancing journey)...

Thanks in advance.

5fa41f65
Community Member

Hi, can you please take a look of my profile.

needs.

I’m new to Upwork but not in this industry.It would be my pleasure to work on this and I will give my best.

Thanks,

Oliver,

Twenty years experience ... you don't have much to say about that. Can you add a little more?

b9b9018b
Community Member

plz. check out my profile

sparktec
Community Member

Hello Mr.Mike,

Please review my profile. Looking forward to your feedback and suggestions.

Thank you!

Kripa

Kripa G,

Welcome aboard.

Your write up is too long. We don't need to know every implementation or every skill or every form of data discovery that you deploy. 

What we need to know is: Are you actually an expert? Are you friendly? And are you confident?

Are you an expert? You establish this extremely well. In fact, you overdo it. 

Are you friendly? People mostly (well, amost always) work with people they like. But again don't over do it.  One or two friendly moments in a profile will give people the idea that you're friendly. 

Are you confident? That list of places you've worked before is a great help. But, again, you don't need to list all of them. 

Finally, take out the first and the last paragraphs you wrote. That will shorten your write up ... but you also don't want to say you're only available Monday through Friday ... it's the age of the Internet and the idea is to keep the opportunities coming .... if you don't want a particular job you cross that bridge when the time comes.

cb1cdde2
Community Member

Enas,

It seems very much that you're still a beginner at video production and design. I'm not saying your work is sub-par. That's not for me to judge. But there's a famous Malcom Gladwell book that came out a few years back. It says you have to put in 10,000 hours of intense practice before you can declare yourself a master at something.

So you need a lot of practice to declare yourself an expert. Maybe you can learn here if you keep your prices low, but that's up to you, of course. (There are a lot of legitimate experts here, so this might be a tough place to put high expectations.)

OK, all that said, your write up is pretty poorly written. That's OK. You're not a writer. At least not an English writer. What you should do is find an Englsh-speaking editor and have that person fix the mistakes. There are a lot of them, but it should take 15 minutes, tops, if you find someone who knows English well.

Hope this helps.

903e6517
Community Member

Hello, 

Please, could you check my profile?

Desire,

I've never heard of a blog editor before. If you can edit blogs, why can't you edit other things? Why limit yourself?

mrbilalarain
Community Member

Hi Professionals, i would love to request you to review my profile so i can improve my impression too. 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths