🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,259 REPLIES 2,259

Bilial ... 

Clearly, you should raise your rates. 

05792ff0
Community Member

Hi, everyone. I'm new here and yes, I'd love to receive feedback on my profile.

6474f405
Community Member

yes, kindly check my profile

Amy,

What does a Wordpress Moderator do? Can you say a little bit about that? Do you have experience or successes that you could write about?

eccc69c8
Community Member

Hi Mike, pls review my profile

Priyanka,

Hope I got your name right ... I'm not wearing my reading glasses.

First, welcome to Upwork.

Second ... your write-up is OK. It really seems, in general, like you could say more. Fashion is a very passionate field. I wonder if you don't have more to say about it that would convince me you know what you're talking about. Where did you train? What styles do you admire? Just a little more would help.

But here's the line that stopped me. You wrote:

"I will provide you with designs that will speak directly to your target customer, maximising your sales!"

Of course, that's the perfect thing to say. It really is. That's exactly what people want to hear. But it made me very suspicious.

So, I'm just challenging you ... can you write a sentence or two that validates that lofty statement? What's your track record? Have you maximized sales for someone before? Can you tell us something that, essentially, proves that sentence is true?

Now ... having said that ... the word "maximize" is very, very, very odd. It means there could not be any higher sales no matter what .... so it's kind of "overkilli" to use that word. More honestly, you might say "I helped improve sales." Maximize ... that's like saying "I got it perfect." You just need a slightly softer statement. You don't want to make promises you can't really keep up with ... 

I do love the drawings ... and I know you can do this ... It's just my job to challenge you.

Thank you for the feedback. I shall review and improvise my lines.

6cf2cb16
Community Member

I'd appreciate some feedback on my profile. Feel there is a lot of room for improvement. Thanks!

f390c025
Community Member

Hi Mike! I'm Graphic designer with one year of experience. I'm working here since 4 months and did'nt get any order. During this time period I've created 4 diferent product catalogs to show my work. Will you please check out my profile and give me some suggestions. I also want to know can I upload my practice work in my portfolio.

hasitha135
Community Member

New to UpWork 🤗

saddamhussain333
Community Member

How can I request someone to visit and review my profile please guide me!

Saddam,

Very nice profile! Now follow these TIPS to submit proposals:

COVER LETTER: Create a flexible cover letter that is less than 100 words. Long cover letters rarely get read, but instead are ignored. Break the cover letter into four sections. Section 1 : Acknowledge the job that you are applying for such as "Looking forward to discussing your graphics design project". Section 2: Highlight your validations stamps IE skills that are brought to their project. Section 3 Explain how you will solve their problem and the final section request an Upwork Zoom call to discuss their project.

61ce4465
Community Member

Hi, would you please review my profile and feedback?

Ahmed, 

Please continue to add more content in each section before applying for Jobs. View other freelancers profiles to get the basic idea. Have a great day!

jawariasajjad12
Community Member

Please Check my profile.

Thank You

Jawaria,

Please reduce your Summary in half (too long), use all 15 Skills IF they apply and consider adding a Project Catalog. Have a wonderful day!

dbec776f
Community Member

Please check and review my profile. I would really appreciate your feedback.

Fisayo,

Please modify your Summary into 3 short paragraphs, use all 15 Skills IF they apply and add your Portfolio. Have an amazing day!

Thank you!

91da5b59
Community Member

Hey Mike, I am new on upwork. It's good to see your post. Thanks for being encouraging and helpful at the same time 🙂

Looking forward to learning and contributing on upwork!

Parul,

Please continue to complete your Upwork profile before applying for any Jobs. View other freelancers profiles to get the basic ideas. Have a wonderful weekend!

bb95c2ad
Community Member

Kindly review my profile thanks

Roseline,

Please modify your Summary into 3 paragraphs, use all 15 Skills IF they apply and add your portfolio. Have a great day!

Thanks William will comply 

ca_naman
Community Member

Kindly review my profile thanks

Naman,

Please modify the Summary into 3 short paragraphs, use all 15 Skills IF they apply, add another Portfolio, and modify each Employment entry to one short sentence each. Have an amazing day!

92ffb660
Community Member

Yes please check my profile

Eunice,

Please go to your  Settings and update from Private to Public so your profile can be viewed. Have good day!

918627c5
Community Member

Hello Mike, please help me review my profile. Thanks

Henry,

Please continue to complete your Upwork profile before applying for jobs. More development in each section is needed. View other freelancer profiles to get the basic ideas. Have a great weekend!

f6988a83
Community Member

Can someone please check my profile?

Boluwaji,

Please continue to complete your Upwork profile before applying for jobs. View other freelancer profiles to get the basic ideas. Have a great weekend!

dab7eee9
Community Member

please, check my profile

Mohamded,

Please go to your settings and change your profile from priviate to public so it can be viewed. Thanks!

93e7391e
Community Member

Request for feedback on my profile 

Shallon,

Here are some quick TIPS to modifying your profile. Have a great day!

PROFILE: Always complete your Upwork Profile before applying for Jobs. Create a Title and Skills to apply for Jobs to match what Clients are searching for. Use one or two of the Skill keywords in the Title to emphasize what you bring to the table for the Client. Create 3 or 4 short paragraphs in the Summary. If the Summary is too long, most Clients will not read the rest of your Profile; too short then there isn't enough information for a Client to hire. Use all 15 Skills IF they apply. The Skills are used to assist a Client in locating your Profile via search. Add your Portfolio and always use a colorful image. Consider adding a Project Catalog if it applies. By the way, it goes without saying make sure that your Profile Settings are on Public not Private so others can view the Profile.

b4cd7550
Community Member

Hi,

I'm new here in upwork. Can someone provide me a profile feedback? Thanks a lot!

Vincent,

Please use 3 short paragraphs for your Summary, uncap the words in the Summary, use all 15 Skills IF they apply and add a sentence description to your Employment entry. Have a great day!

Thank you very much for the feedback William. 

6a893335
Community Member

I'd appreciate some feedback on my profile.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths