🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,259 REPLIES 2,259
9aa5bd75
Community Member

check my profile 

arfreda1
Community Member

Hello,

Please look at my profile! I started this profile some years ago, but was unable to properly start work because of my Master's degree. I am worried that I have already left a bad impression by having a profile that shows no work. But I am fully ready to work, and what's more, one of my longest-lasting clients is about to switch to Upwork -- so I will have plenty of experience to show very soon! But I can't exactly wait that long.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Regards,

Anthony

Anthony,

Well, that's a pretty darn OK write up. It stays right where it should, focused on your services. It is friendly (enthusiastic as all get-out), confident and ... well ... hold on. Does it really concvince me you're an expert?

Well, I would be more impressed if you made a mention or two about the results people are looking for. People who hire content writers and copywriters are looking for ... engaged readers ... people who stay at their websites longer .. conversions from unique vistor to regular visitor ... and conversions from visitor to customer ... 

There are lots of copywriting keywords that you can find online. I looked them up once way back when. Words like "call to action" or "click through rate." It sometimes helps if you drop those words in place, as some clients find writers through keyword searches. You should have the term SEO in there somewhere, as well. (Maybe it's there and I didn't notice.)

An expert speaks to their client in the terms they want to hear. They don't lose sleep thinking "I need a great writer," they lose sleep thinking, "I need better sales." Are you part of the solution to that? You need to talk in those terms a little bit ... then you're on the right track. (Your profile is pretty smokin already, but you should go to the next level.) 

e4c46e96
Community Member

Hi, can someone help me to review my profile, I got rising talent within 10 days of account creation, but I still haven't got a job

best regards

You have a very fancy and well-managed profile. Add your colorful picture. Send proposals to new clients within a few minutes of the job posting. Always offer free-of-cost samples of the client project. Once your sample is approved, your chances to get hired will be increased.

Khaliq,

You are competing with tens of thousands of other qualified workers. So, it isn't really a very strong statment to say you have 2+ years of experience. That's not substantial expertience. That makes you a beginner.

Change "2+ years of experience" to "I am experienced." I wouldn't brag about the 2 years ... that's not enough for bragging rights.

db1d9a64
Community Member

Hi William, thx for the previous review I got from you asking me to make my portfolio colourful and to create my content into three paragraphs I've done that kindly check for optimization to make me stand out. Here's my profile thank you

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01d38a1a5ffa001cb3

Pls kindly reply.

Femi.

db1d9a64
Community Member

Hi Anthony thank you for your previous review on my profile, you asked me to correct some typo and remove some words which I've done kindly review the new profile, and pls give me your honest review to help me stand out, below is the link to my profile thank you.

Femi.

Kindly reply.

db1d9a64
Community Member

Hi Anthony kindly review my profile, has you have advice me to correct some of my mistakes I do appreciate it, but pls kindly review the correction so as to make me stand out, thank you.

Femi.

190f70ae
Community Member

Hello Mike,

I would like assistance with my profile.

Thanks 

Work hard to complete your profile by putting all the necessary information and getting your account verified. For a better understanding, you can view this Profile. https://www.upwork.com/ab/profiles/search?q=Hashim%20Arshad

Naveed,

That's not enough. People have to get to know you a little before they hire you. ALL you have is that write up and your photo ... you have to push a little harder.

Secondly, change the word "playing" in the first sentence to "working." That might help.

Marcus,

Marcus, Marcus: This is your sales pitch. You just opened a business. All you can give us is two sentences??? Really?

Would you go to a job interview, speak two sentences and get up and leave? That's all; the justification you give people to hire you? It's not enough ... 

What problems do your customers have? What problems are you solving? Write about that.

31e1a66a
Community Member

Hello, my experienced colleagues. 

I hope all is well with you. I have submitted several proposals since morning, Unfortunately, I did not receive any response from clients. Therefore, can I ask you to check my profile? I appreciate any advice from Upwork professionals. I'm eagerly awaiting your response, Thank you in advance

Seyedehsan,

Welcome.

You wrote four sentences and only the first one is about your services. The other three are these: "I believe that I have excellent skills in creating such beautiful work. I'm waiting for any immediate job offers. Hoping to hear from you with a favorable response."

You don't get many jobs here  because people feel sorry for you. It's nice to hope for a favorable response, but that's a little weepy, don't you think? Everyone's waiting for a favorable response. Why is that a reason to hire you?

I suggest you scan Upwork for profiles of other poower point freelancers and see what they have to say. Look at a half a dozen, at least. Get some ideas from them.

Good luck.

Thanks a lot for your reply, I'll take as educative rather than bashing.
I'll for sure apply the instructions and advice you gave me.
Regards.
kparlin
Community Member

I'd love some feedback on my profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/karaparlin. I'm sure the fact that I'm new to Upwork is affecting my ability to get interest in my profile, but I do have 25 years of professional experience, so trying to let that come through in my profile.

0f2a8a03
Community Member

Dear Mike

I hope my words find you and your precious family are safe and happy.. kindly may I ask you to check my profile  and help me with your impression. Best regards.

261728e4
Community Member

hello, my name is Robert, please check my profile, I am new to freelancing and having a hard time getting my first client, I would like to understand what I am doing wrong, thanks

AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths