🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Need profile review and suggestion
Page options
AndreaG

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

Thanks,
~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

999 REPLIES 999
6f65bb96
Community Member

Hi Andrea, 
I was trying to open an Upwork account with my main e-mail ID but I was notified that my e-mail ID is already in use.
Later I remembered that I opened an account on this platform when it was known as oDesk.
I closed that account a few days after opening it as I was not using it.
As it's not possible to open another account using the same e-mail ID, so I want to reactivate my old account.
I opened this account just to get help.
Please help me.

Regards

Faysal

Hi Md Faysal,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more information about your first account? The email address associated with would be extremely helpful so that we can further review and assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi.

Kindly, am in need of expirenced freelancer to mentor me on how to get a job,

Regards

Hi Faysal,

To reactivate your old oDesk account on Upwork, you will need to follow these steps:

1. Go to the Upwork website and click on the "Log In" button in the top right corner.
  2. Click on the "Forgot your password?" link.
  3. Enter the email address you used to create your old oDesk account and click on the "Continue" button.
  4. Check your email inbox for a message from Upwork with instructions on how to reset your password.
  5. Follow the instructions in the email to reset your password and log in to your old account.

If you are having any trouble reactivating your old account, you can contact Upwork customer support for further assistance.

I hope this helps you get back into your old account!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Md Faysal,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you through this ticket soon to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
32f3bb92
Community Member

Hi theree,

I'm new to Upwork and haven't had success in getting a job yet. I'm unsure if it's due to my profile or my proposal approach. Could you please review my profile and provide feedback on areas for improvement?

Thank you!

celgins
Community Member

Mihai,

I just reviewed your profile and there is nothing wrong with it. A lot of freelancers—even Top-Rated and Top-Rated Plus—are finding it difficult to get profile views and responses to their proposals. Keep applying for jobs that match your qualifications/skills by writing great cover letters.

The only suggestions I have for your profile is to add a few more portfolio items; add a short job description for the job at resyq, and if you haven't already, you add a project catalog. The project catalog allows you to setup pre-packaged services that clients can choose to buy, without you sending a proposal. Read Get Started With Project Catalog for more information.

32f3bb92
Community Member

Thank you for taking the time to review my profile and for your feedback. I will consider adding more portfolio items and also a short description for my job at resyq. Additionally, I'll take a look at setting up a project catalog as you suggested. Thank you again for your advice, Clark!

488e009f
Community Member

Thanks for your suggestion Clark S. Will implement it. 

Hey everyone, actually it's been a long period of time since I got any invite or job from upwork, so can someone help me to let me know what's wrong with my profile.

There could be several reasons why you are not receiving invites when you send your proposals. More than likely, clients are not inspired by your cover letters or maybe your proposal is not being viewed at all. For more tips on cover letters, read through Upwork's best practices on How To Write a Cover Letter.

For your profile, there are a few things you can improve:

Hourly Rate: I'm not sure about the $0.75 in your rate, but this will read much better if it's $20.00/hr. -- like your specialized Full Stack Development profile.

Title: Capitalize your profile title: Python Developer. You may want to include additional keywords as well: Python Developer | Django | Flask. Either way, a capitalized title reads much better.

Overview/Summary: Your summary is written in a third-person point of view, and this is unnecessary. Clients will expect you to provide information about your skills/qualifications and how you can help them, and this should not be written by somone else. While clients expect to read about your experience and skills, what they really want to know is how your experience and skills will benefit them. You should revise your summary and talk about how your skills/qualifications with Python development will build highly stable, bug-free web applications that will meet their needs and/or solve their problems.

Portfolio: You should add more items to your portfolio. Potential clients will expect more visuals from a web developer.

Skills: Add more skills to your skills categories, but only if they are relevant.

Employment History: Add short job descriptions for each job in your employment history. You may not think clients pay attention to this, but many do, especially if the jobs are related to your Upwork freelancing.

5310edf7
Community Member

👋Hello Clark.

I'm new to Upwork.

Could you please review my profile and provide feedback on areas for improvement?

Thank you.

I advise you to brush up on your skills and perhaps add some videos or certifications that will help you build credibility with clients.

Hey Harsh, I have one suggestion. I do not know anything about Python, but I might need a Python Developer like you but won't even know it. It would be great to put a "You might need a Python Developer if..." section or a bullet point list of the problems you solve for your clients (in the language for people like me who do not know if you can or can't help me). 

I hope this helps you out, my fellow Upworker. Continue always to give your best, improving by 1% a day!

please check my profile need improvements.

238FBF0B-56CB-49B8-8F48-5C58AD69181D.jpeg

 Could someone please overview my Upwork profile and tell me what's wrong with it or give some recommendations? 

I offer high-quality video editing and photo editing services, but not getting any clients. I even got the Freelancer Plus but haven't seen any progress.

I would be really thankful for any response! Link: upwork.com/freelancers/dmitriicucer 

Hey Dmitrii, I hope all is well with you.

I would recommend encouraging your clients to leave a review/feedback. You have many jobs with no feedback. I hope this helps. Go be great!

As a WordPress developer on Upwork, I have noticed that the WordPress category has become very saturated with a high number of proposals being submitted for every job posting. Typically, within 10 minutes of a job being posted, there are already 50+ proposals submitted.

While I believe that a unique proposal that effectively solves the client's problem can still have a chance to win the job, the challenge lies in getting noticed by the client. How to get noticed?

I would appreciate any suggestions or solutions from those working in the same niche.

Every single niche has become saturated. That's what happens when you open the floodgates and double the number of freelancers on your platform in a single year.

I think exactly the same

Hello good people,
I am a professional content writer with a decent portfolio. I am new here but its not my first place to work on digital marketing.

When I just started, I got two proposals, but after that I dont know what happeened, clients have become totally unimpressed on my profile. No profile view, project view, proposal response, nothing. I tried changing some informations and tried almost all the cover letter strategies. It really hurts when you are out of connects.
Maybe theres problem with my profile. I know the place is full of experts. I would really appretiate if anyone can review my profile and give me some suggestion about getting clients.

Thanks in advance.

Mohiuddin Omran

Review the structure of the proposals that you make, the same thing used to happen to me and that was it. Greetings

Thanks a lot for this suggestion Nataly. I will be careful about this for sure.

Hello Sayed,

I hope all is well. I love your passion and determination. Never give up.

A recommendation I can give is to:

1. Start your bio with something CREATIVE. If you say you are a Creative Content Writer, then use that opportunity to display your creativity with the first thing people read about you! Be YOU and not generic like every other content creator starts their bio with accolades.
  2. Only another thing is that your profile name says Syed Mohammad, but you say you are Mohiuddin Omran.

This is all just my humble opinion to help! I wish you all the best, and stay UPwork!

Thanks a lot for this suggestion. I will surely rewrite the bio. I have checked this again after you said. Its really messy and ordinary. Thanks a lot.

Sayed,

You have several grammatical errors in your summary. The second word "an" is incorrect. The third word "Creative," is capitalized when it shouldn't be. You put the name of the company you worked at as "wpmanageninja," when the name of the company is actually WP Manage Ninja. It should be properly capitalized and the words should be seperated.

Later, you say you have writing about WordPress plugins and their "Pros and cons." Why is the word "Pros" capitalized? That's another mistake.

So one suggestion for you to attract clients is to make sure your own write up is error-free.

Hello Expert,

Please examine my profile as I haven't had any employment offers in the last few months.
I tried everything, but it wasn't successful for me.

Can you please help me?

Awaiting your response.

Best wishes
Bhavsinh Solanki

Thanks a lot Anthony. I will surely recheck these things. 

My profile has 100% JSS and also has Upwork certification in graphic design. I was doing well by the mid of 2022, but after that my profile views went to zero. There are no interviews even after spending a lot of connections on the availability batch.

I have submitted many proposals to potential clients but haven't gotten a response to any of them. Not even on boosted connection.

Could you please help me to figure out what's wrong with my profile?

My profile link:
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~016ab2d0e4bfde2d7d

Thanks

Priya Mahey

Priya,

You've done some outstanding work and yet your profile barely reflects that. Your big claim to fame, according to your write-up, is that you have eight years of experience. This is not that impressive.

Eight years experience is an incredible thing, but it's not the eight years that's impressive. It's all the things you've learned in those eight years that is impressive.

Can you articulate that? Can you somehow explain the depth of your knowledge? You've learned how to work with color; you've learned how to construct a composition so the main branding message stands out; you've learned how to reach an audience with visuals and information; you've learned how to turn out excellent work under budget and on time; you've learned how to attract large audiences; you've learned how to promote a product with stylistic images.

After eight years of work you're not just good at your job. You're not just adequate. You've honed your craft. You've sharpened your skills. You've learned so much ... and you think the best pitch you've got is to say "I've got eight years experience." That just makes me yawn. You have so much experience, so much information, so much talent ... and all you can say is "I have eight years experience ..."

You're not digging. You're not trying. Drink some high-test coffee and get some energy and start again. Don't settle for a bland, boring, stupifying write-up. Put some excitement in it. You can do this for others ... now's the time to do it for yourself.

• Hi I'm Promise and I'm new to Upwork. I would really appreciate it if someone could mentor me. 

Hey Promise, Congrats on joining the site! Here are a few Success Tips for using the site:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Coffee-Break/THE-Secrets-to-Growing-Your-Upwork-Sales/m-p/1229943#M5...

Amutuhire Nicholas is my name, am glad to be on this online money making platform.

Hi, I'm Sun and I'm new on upwork. Please I'm ready to learn the vital things that could keep me going, all I'm asking for is someone who can mentor me genuinely and I promise to be a good student, thanks. I'd be expecting a feedback soon please. 

Hi experts,
It's been a more than a years I'm here in this platform. I have completed multiple jobs and got reviews. From the beginning I'm not getting job invitations. I sent number of proposals and im an active member on upwork!
Is there anyone who can check my profile and suggest me the necessary customization or suggustions?
I would be appreciated 🙂
By the way my JSS is 100%

Your profile is good, just optimize it.
Add certificate, experience, and projects.

Just play around with it to see what works. Still, it won't guarantee the invite. ( I haven't received any invite since Sep 2022 but it is what it is).

Check your ranking, write the keyword in search bar_ select Talents _ and see where are you ranking.

Best of luck.

Thank you Arooj for your suggusions i hope these would help me to get more invites and projects.

Same issue i have i have been long here but from the first not getting any client invitations on my profile 

Guys. Come on you are freelancers.  This is client section.  Nobody is going to hire you just because you complain in this section.  You just need to apply and hope someone will hire you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths