🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
AndreaG

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,871 REPLIES 2,871

Me too, I'm looking for suggestions on improving my Upwork profile.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01754ab24e8ca13400

celgins
Community Member

Filbert,

Your profile is set to Private. You must set your profile to Public so we can see it. After you do that, post a new message, and someone can review your profile.

Hello Fellow Upworkers!!

I am new to the community and very excited to be here! I have always wanted to be a writter and really love the idea of being a freelance writter. I sent one proposal but never heard back from them. I was wondering if you could please give me some feedback on my profile and maybe suggestions as to the best ways/locations to look for work. I am wreally looking forward to getting to know some of you and to persue a life long dream! Thank you so much for your help and advice in advance!

celgins
Community Member

Hello Cait,

Personally, I like your writing style and the information in your profile summary, but I'm afraid many clients might not feel the same way. When clients look for freelancers (i.e., writers, designers, developers, etc.) they are almost always looking for someone who can help them meet their goals. Your profile has to show potential clients that their goal is attainable if they hire you. Right now, I'm not sure clients will feel that way when reading your profile summary.

Clients expect to read about your writing background and qualifications, but they really want to know how it benefits them. The best way to show them your value is to tell them what you can write and how your writing will help them. For example, (using some of your own words) you can say things like:

Highly skilled Creative Writer who focuses intently on dramatic story-telling and creating high-quality content that resonates with readers. I craft non-fiction and fiction stories, develop characters, and build plot twists based on your ideas and storylines.

I can develop dramatic short stories, informativie articles, op-eds, creative blog posts, and web content that keeps your audience actively engaged. My goal is to develop and write the stories your readers care about.

----------What will my creative writing do for you?----------

◉ Entertain your readers
◉ Tell your story in a powerful, hightly effective way
◉ Add value to your website content
◉ Enhance your organization's brand and image
◉ Help drive a return customer-base

(... add more here or remove any that do not apply to your skills)

------------What services do I provide?-----------

◉ Content Writing
◉ Article Writing
◉ Blog Writing
◉ Books and E-books
◉ Website Content
(... add more here or remove any that do not apply to your skills)

Let’s discuss your needs and how I can help!

You don't have to use this word for word; you should customize it or rewrite it based on your exact skill set. But the format should be the same--tell the client what you can do and how it will help them.

Also, you should consider adding a portfolio to showcase some writing examples. Clients will expect to see writing samples from a creative writer.

Finally, you should probably change your profile photo. The picture in your photo should be a close-up image of your head and shoulders that clearly shows your face. Upwork prefers it if photos don't include pets, graphics, nature scenes, etc. Read through Upwork's best practices for How to Choose A Good Profile Picture.

Good luck!

"Hello Upwork community, I'm looking for suggestions on improving my Upwork profile.

Perlie Saraza - Customer Service/Technical Support Representative - Upwork Freelancer from Pontevedr...

I sent many proposals so far but did not get a job. Please review my profile and give feedback. I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Hello Perlie,

There is good background and experience information in your profile, but a few grammatical errors need to be fixed in your summary, and there are a few other updates I think you should make.

Title: Your main profile title is good, but you should remove your name from your Email, Phone & Chat Support specialized profile title. The title can simply be Customer Service Expert.

Overview/Summary: Your summary needs to focus on helping potential clients. Clients like reading about your skills and qualifications, but they love reading about how your skills and qualifications will benefit them. So, instead of telling clients about your job success as an employee, revise it to tell them how you can help them. For example:

Proficient and well-established Customer Service & Tech Support Rep with more than 10 years of experience in the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) industry. I can help you manage billing, collections and services, and technical support areas such as Internet, landline, tv and mobile services.

In my most recent position providing customer support, I was the top customer service representative for 2 consecutive months and the top agent for sales for 2 months. My diverse skill set and strict attention to detail allows me to multitask effectively, and complete projects in a timely manner.

No matter how small the task, I am eager to get it done with 100% complete satisfaction. Contact me and let's discuss your needs and how I can help.

You should make the same adjustments to your Email, Phone & Chat Support specialized profile summary. It talks too much about your past work history, but should focus on the services you can provide to potential clients.

Portfolio: I suggest you add a portfolio to showcase sample work you have completed. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients by demonstrating your experience. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

Employment History: Finally, add a short job description for each job in your employment history.

Your profile is on the right track.

After you make these minor updates, start applying for jobs that match your qualifications by writing great cover letters. Write a custom cover letter based on the client's job: 1) acknowledge the job you are applying for; 2) highlight your qualifications; 3) explain how you will solve their problem; and finally, 4) request they contact you to discuss their project.

Good luck!

Perhaps a few more examples?

Explain the situation (problem)  and how you solved it?

More testominials or volunteering from friends and family members feedback?

I am in the process of this right now.

Hi Ravikant

I too had the same problem initially and i would recommend you to be patient and set expectations to the client whenever he is accepted to talk with you. also boost your profile with freelancer plus so you can get viewed in first place. most importantly quote as best as you can initially to win a client projecting your skillset

Regards

Somesh

"Hello Upwork community, I'm looking for suggestions to improve my profile".

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0147e52bdd2b5250f0

Hi, Please review my profile and give suggestions for improvement as I am not getting clients even after sending too many proposals.  Clients not even viewing my proposals.  Waiting for feedback?

Hi upwork community.

I'd appreciate it if someone could review my profile and provide some feedback and recommendaytiond. I've been sending proposals but no response from clients. Thank you.

topme
Community Member

Hi guys! I still need help with setting a professional profile for myself 

"Hello Upwork community, I'm looking for suggestions on improving my Upwork profile.

https://www.upwork.com/services/product/marketing-social-media-manager-and-personal-assistant-167118... 

I sent many proposals but did not get a job. Please review my profile and give feedback.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

You have work

dpardeshi
Community Member

Hi,

Please check my profile. And where improve my profile suggest me

Thanks

Dhananjay,

Welcome aboard..

Yes, a couple of problems. One is that people don't pay you to be passionate about your job. It's nice that you are, but your passion should show by your approach, not by telling people "I'm passionate." I find that annoying, impossible to prove and very dull information. It doesn't tell anyone anything new. The majority of people can say they are passionate about their jobs, so you saying that is pretty worthless.

The information people want is can you produce results for them. So your first sentence should be "I am an expert _____ who can deliver the goods." That's what people don't know. That's what they need to know.

You don't need to say "My aim is to please my customer!" That's just as trite and painful to read. Everyone has the same goal, so it doesn't make you special to say that.

Another observation is that you tell people they can check out your work on another website -- truelancer or some such place. Sorry. You have to make it easy for people to see your work not difficult. You are sending them on what is called a wild goose chase. Not good. Bring the work samples to them, don't send them on a trip off platform to find your work. Other people are making it easy for clients to find their work by posting samples in their portfolios. You're making things difficult for clients. Who do you think they will hire, the one who makes it easy to find their work or the one who makes it difficult?

thank you i can impoved check and plz suggest me where imporve or wrong

Hello , can you help me with my portfolio?

Hello Anthony, I would appreciate a profile feedback on my account too. Thank you Sir.

rehan-asif
Community Member

Hi Rehan,

I reviewed your profile and it appears that you need to make several updates.

Overview/Summary: Your summary has good skill and background information, but you might want to focus more on a potential client's needs. Clients expect to read about your skills and qualifications, but they really want to know how your skills/qualifications will benefit them. Much of your summary has the content, but maybe you could rephrase it to be more client-focused. For example:

I am ae experienced Shopify Web Developer specializing in setting up Shopify dropshipping and branding to help businesses build online stores and sell their products. My goal is to provide high-quality and professional web development services to help your business succeed online.

I can create a premium Shopify e-commerce website with custom branded product pages with high-quality, visually appealing product images. A custom-branded page allows your customers to see a seamless transition from your existing website to your new Shopify storefront.

My experience working with clients from various industries including fashion, beauty, and skincare, helps me understand how to build sales-converting branding for a variety of products, which helps generate more leads and higher sales for your storefront.

I take pride in providing clear communication, timely updates, and delivering projects on time and within budget. I offer unlimited revisions to ensure you are 100% happy with your storefront and keep you fully informed during at every step by including you at every point--from the design process and after-sale support.

If you are looking for an experienced Shopify web developer to take your online business to the next level, please feel free to contact me. I would love to discuss your project and provide a custom solution that fits your needs.

Portfolio: You should add a few more items to your portfolio to showcase your Shopify experience. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients, and clients will expect to see more examples from a developer.

Skills: Add more skill categories to your skills list. We are allowed up to 15, but only add more if they are relevant. The biggest reason to update your skills categories is so clients can find you when they search for your specific skills, and so Upwork’s matching algorithms can better match you with relevant jobs.

e49bf72d
Community Member

Please review my profile here: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/swapnab

celgins
Community Member

Hi Swapna,

I reviewed your profile and I think everything looks good. Your summary does a good job of telling clients about the services you provide and how those services will benefit them.

Your consultation, skill categories, portfolio, certifications, and employment history are also good.

Now all you have to do is start applying for jobs that match your qualifications by writing great cover letters. Write a custom cover letter based on the client's job: 1) acknowledge the job you are applying for; 2) highlight your qualifications; 3) explain how you will solve their problem; and finally, 4) request an Upwork Zoom call to discuss their project.

Good luck!

f58a7ae0
Community Member

Great profile Super man Clark. You simply need to apply for jobs. You will be a top-rated star soon my friend.

Community Member

I need feedback on my up work profile 

celgins
Community Member

Noel,

There is no content in your profile to review.

The first thing you should do is change your Photo. Your photo should be a close-up image of your head and shoulders that clearly shows your face. Read through Upwork's best practices for How to Choose A Good Profile Picture.

Since you are new to Upwork, make sure your profile is 100% complete before applying to jobs. At a minimum, you should do the following:

Noel A, your profile is literally blank.

1. Headshot professional picture looking frontward.

2. Write a summary of the achievements you accomplished.

3. List in its entirety your educational background.

4. Put a video explaining your skills or what you do.

that will be a start.

077fb29d
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Please check my profile, please suggest for any improvements.

Thanks

celgins
Community Member

Hi Achyut,

Andrea is an Upwork Moderator. She provides valuable information to freelancers and moderates the Forums, but she doesn't review profiles.

I reviewed your profile and I have a few suggestions that might help improve it:

Title: Correct the Node spelling and remove the word "experience": AWS Solution Architect | Python, Node.js | Java/J2EE

Overview/Summary: Your summary starts with a lot of specifics about AWS, databases, platforms, and programming languages. Clients care very little about your skillset and would rather read how you can help them. Clients do expect to read a little about your skills and qualifications, but they really want to know how your skills/qualifications will benefit them. The first two sentences are important because the client sees them when searching for freelancers, and those sentences must be impactful.

I suggest starting your summary by briefly mentioning your experience and then speaking to the clients needs. Then, continue adding information that shows clients how you can get results and how those results will meet their requirements or solve their problems. Also, you need to add spacing in between paragraphs to make it easier for clients to read. For example:

I'm an innovative, certified AWS Developer and Solution Architect with 12+ years experience designing and developing applications using AWS cloud services. I can develop robust, scalable cost-effective applications for your business by estimating AWS costs and identifying cost-control mechanisms that reduce the impacts usually associated with developing and deploying an enterprise-level application.

I always work closely with my clients from concept to delivery, helping them turn their visions into a successful product. My goal is to build your software application the right way, the first time, so that you can focus on doing what you do best -- growing your business.

--------Why choose me?---------

✦ Certified with AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional (SAP-C01)

✦ Architected and developed applications using Serverless frameworks and applied AWS architectural best practices.

✦ Designing and deploying scalable, highly available, secured and fault tolerant systems on AWS.

✦ Lift and Shift of an existing on-premises application to AWS.

✦ Proficient in selecting appropriate cloud services to design and deploy an application based on given requirement.

✦ Estimating AWS costs and identifying cost control mechanisms.

✦ Hands on experience on building applications using Micro-services architecture consisting of Restful web services and Docker container-based deployments.

✦ Expertise in J2EE architecture, MVC, Micro services, Serverless architecture and Design Pattens.

I am excited to help you launch an awesome new technology product. Let's talk about your project and how I can help you.

Project Catalog: You should also consider adding a project catalog. The project catalog allows you to setup a pre-packaged service that clients can choose to buy without you sending a proposal. Due to higher than usual requests for project catalogs, reviews and approvals are taking a minimum of 10 business days. Read Get Started With Project Catalog for more information.

After you make these updates, start applying for jobs that match your qualifications and skills by writing great cover letters. In your cover letters, always make sure you create a custom response based on the client's job. Focus on the client's specific points in their job description; highlight your qualifications; and tell the client how you will meet their requirements.

b272a5e6
Community Member

Thanks

1777ed66
Community Member

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0121fe4015e86b2f06

I sent many proposals but did not get a job. Please review my profile and give feedback.

celgins
Community Member

Hello Re,

You have good content in your profile and I have a few suggestions to improve a few areas:

Title: I think the "Adobe" and "PPTX" need to be removed. Those terms don't do much to help clients understand the breadth of your graphic design expertise. Instead, I would leave it as: Graphic, Editoral and Presentation Designer or Graphic, Editoral and Presentation Designer | Adobe | Maple.

Overview/Summary: First, remove the first line "Professional Summary:" The first two sentences of your summary are important because the client sees them when searching for freelancers, and those sentences must be impactful and convincing. After that, I think you should give clients more information about how you can help them.

Clients expect to read about your skills and qualifications, but they really want to know how your skills/qualifications will benefit them. You mention a few benefits, and I think you can get more clients to read your entire summary if you revise some of your content to focus on the client. For example:

As a creative and detail-oriented professional Graphic Designer with extensive experience creating visually appealing and practical presentations, I help businesses bring their visions to reality by designing colorful, vibrant presentation and editorial graphics within their budgets.

My strong background in graphic design and multimedia production allows me to transform your complex ideas into engaging visual stories. My expertise includes designing slides for various industries like business, education, healthcare, and technology, and through this diversity, I can bring creativity and technical expertise to support any design project.

Regardless of the size of your company or your goals, my mission is to deliver the highest quality designs that promote your product or business.

Let's talk! I'm available to discuss your projects and how I can help you.

Portfolio: Add more items to your portfolio to showcase your skills and demonstrate your experience. Clients will expect more visuals from a graphic designer and the portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

After you make these updates, start applying for jobs that match your qualifications and skills by writing great cover letters. In your cover letters, always make sure you create a custom response based on the client's job. Focus on the client's specific points in their job description; highlight your qualifications; and tell the client how you will meet their requirements.

1198186c
Community Member

Hi Redina,

please afeedback on my profile
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0166b36c29c6bf9adb

b1733972
Community Member

Hi Andrea, 

Please provide feedback on my Upwork profile.
Thank you

celgins
Community Member

Hi Vishnudev,

Anthony H provided a review of your profile on Apr 29, 2023 07:36:43 AM (See the review here). His review was in response to your post on Apr 28, 2023 10:11:03 PM.

Please note that the thread in the link above has been closed due to its size, but you can still read your review.

e950dc24
Community Member

Hello

Kindly  check my profile and where it needs improvement kindly tell me 

celgins
Community Member

Hello Damilola,

I checked your profile and you still need to make sure it is 100% complete. Here are some suggestions:

Title: Make your title: Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst

Overview/Summary: You have some good information in your summary that tells clients how you can meet their needs. However, I suggest putting that information closer to the top. The first two sentences in your summary are important because the client sees them when searching for freelancers, and those sentences must be impactful so the client is convinced to click and read your profile.

Also, you should add some spacing to make it easier for clients to read:

Results-driven and detail-oriented Security Operations Center (SOC) analyst with a comprehensive and broad understanding of security systems and procedures, investigating any security incidents, and assisting in the network management. I can assist businesses with setting up their cyber security programs, security operations centers and define policies, procedures and related documentation.

I hold a Computer Science & Information Systems degree with deep understanding and experience in security operations center, incident management, security assessments and SIEM tools. 

How does this help you?

✦ I will investigate, document and report on any information security issue as well as emerging trends

✦ I use threat intelligence sources such as indicators of compromise to pinpoint affected systems and extent of attack

✦ I can help coordinate information security management activities in an organization

✦ I can help your organization become ISO 27001 compliant

Let's talk about your requirements and needs and how I can help.

You should also add a portfolio and add more skill categories, but only if they are relevant to your title and summary.

Since you are new to Upwork, make sure your profile is 100% complete before applying to jobs. At a minimum, you should do the following:

dcd8d617
Community Member

Hello, Upwork community, I'm seeking suggestions for improving my Upwork profile.  https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01fb863c37c4c97f10

celgins
Community Member

Hello Muhammad,

I looked through your profile and I suggest your move something around in your overview/summary. The reason is because you want to focus on the client's needs early in your summary. The first two sentences are important because the client sees them when searching for freelancers, and those sentences must be strong, so the client is convinced to click and read your profile.

For example, don't make the first paragraph so personal; client's don't care. Instead, make it more about how you can help clients:

Highly motivated Content Writer and Proofreader with 6 years of experience developing content that resonates with readers. I write everything from blogs and articles to academic papers and training manuals. My goal is to develop content that promotes a positive brand image for your business and generates more leads for your products.

I develop well-researched, SEO-optimized material that is 100% original for your website or business that help you grow your products or services. I work closely with you to write articles, blog posts, magazine content, essays, and email campaigns that you want to shine!

Why me?

1. Expert with 6 years of professional content writing.

2. Quick turnaround, which allows you to deliver more information to your readers faster.

3. Professional and precise, ensuring your content is engaging and easily understood.

4. Lifetime support.

If there are additional services you need, kindly let me know and I can work with you. Let's talk about your projects and how I can help!

Also, you should add a portfolio to showcase your skills and demonstrate your experience. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills. For example, you can add SEO statistics, sample writing, sample blog posts, etc.

For your Other Content Writing specialized profile, add spacing between the paragraphs in your overview/summary to make it easier for clients to read.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths