🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
AndreaG

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2,871 REPLIES 2,871
7b1ce63c
Community Member

"Hello Upwork community, I'm looking for suggestions on improving my Upwork profile.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01ffb869b8f9cfd1e9

I sent many proposals but did not get a job. Please review my profile and give feedback.

celgins
Community Member

Hello Ravikant,

I looked over your profile and everything looks good. The first sentence in your overview/summary is exactly the thing to say to let clients now how you can help them. The only suggestion I have for your summary is to move the paragraph about work deliverables to the top and move the client satisfaction paragraph towards the bottom. The reason for this is because the work deliverables paragraph provides clients good information, and you want them to read it early in your summary. Clients often don't read entire summaries, so it's best to put good information up top. Like this:

I'm an experienced Professional SEO Expert who has the skills and knowledge necessary to help drive traffic to your site and increase your online visibility.

As part of my work deliverables, I make it a point to keep my clients up to date on the status of their projects on a weekly basis by sharing weekly reports. To ensure the project's success, I always follow the criteria for utilizing efficient SEO methods. My constant use of these strategies has yielded incredible outcomes over time.

My Expertise will be in the following:

✔ (your list here is good)

To provide the best level of client satisfaction, I am always open to new challenges and developing strategic action plans in response. I've always believed in lifelong learning, that was helped me acquire and retain the information and skills I need to compete in the ever-changing digital economy.

I use TOP-RATED SEO Tools, such as Ahrefs | SEMrush | SERank | Moz Pro | and ScreamingFrog. Thanks for viewing my profile and please let me know if you have any questions. I look forward to hearing from you!

*I don't work on adult and gambling sites

Your portfolio, skill categories, project catalog, and employment history look good.

Finally, a lot of freelancers—even Top-Rated and Top-Rated Plus—are finding it difficult to get responses to their proposals. Keep applying for jobs that match your qualifications/skills by writing great cover letters--you will eventually win some!

7b1ce63c
Community Member

Thank you so much Clark S for your review of my profile. I really appreciate it.

Hi everybody

My name is Amer, and I am a professional translator proficient in English to Arabic and vice versa. I have a passion for translating a diverse range of content, and I have 8 years of experience in the field. I would love to hear your opinion about my profile.

celgins
Community Member

Hi Khedri,

Your profile looks good, but I have two suggestions:

Portfolio: Add a few more samples of translations to your portfolio. If you have any audio/voice translations, you can add those too.

Skills: You need to add more skill categories to your skills list. I suggest you add English to Arabic Translation, Arabic to English Translation, English to French Translation, French to English Translation and the two "Arabic/French" translations.

After you make these minor updates, start applying for jobs that match your qualifications by writing great cover letters!

"Hello Upwork community, I'm looking for suggestions on improving my Upwork profile.
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01d4beb40ab6f3e06d
I sent many proposals but did not get a job. Please review my profile and give feedback

4c122316
Community Member

hi, I cant upload my picture in my profile

Hi Tejaswini,

Have you tried clearing your browser’s cookies or using a different browser? When selecting a photo, please make sure:

• It is at least 250 x 250 pixels
  • It is no more than 4000 x 4000 pixels 
  • The extension is .jpeg, .png or .gif
  • The max size is 5 MB

If the issue still persists, could you please share the following information so that we can forward it to our team to be investigated further?

• Browser/s used
  • Browser version
  • Machine’s OS
  • Machine’s OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better

~ AJ
Upwork

Could you provide a link to your profile?

Hi I'm interested to work

What is your line of work Joey?

1198186c
Community Member

HI Clark,

"Hello Upwork community, I'm looking for Reviews on my Upwork profile.
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0166b36c29c6bf9adb
I'm still forwarding proposals but worried.
kindly review please

Hello upwork community, please I'd appreciate it if someone could please review my profile and provide some feedback. I keep sending proposals but no offers and job yet.

Thanks

celgins
Community Member

Hi Sandra,

I reviewed your profile and I think it looks good. There are no huge issues with your information or content that would keep clients from hiring you.

A lot of freelancers are sending dozens of proposals and not getting feedback; it's not only you. Keep applying for jobs that match your qualifications by writing great cover letters. Write a custom cover letter based on the client's job:

1) Acknowledge the job you are applying for.

2) Highlight your qualifications.

3) Address specific points in the job by explaining how you can solve their problem

4) Request the client reach out to discuss or request an Upwork Zoom call to go through their requirements.

Good luck!

I am not  sure if the profile I clicked on was yours:

But it stated it was set to private.

Then that limits clients, and freelancers to view and help you.

Hi Sandra, I too am needing help with my profile, and saw your post here, but when I clicked the link to see your profile I couldn't see it because you are set to private.  If you set it to public then you would be visible.  That could change everything! Just FYI

I have the same problem please help me too.

celgins
Community Member

Hi M Ameer,

There was a quick review completed on May 2, 2023 03:35:35 PM in response to your message from May 2, 2023 01:03:13 PM. It should be on page 2 of this thread.

hi am new in upwork can you please help me 

37ee3036
Community Member

Can you review my pofile too sir

celgins
Community Member

Yes.

There was a review on May 9, 2023 08:25:24 AM in response to your message on May 9, 2023 06:06:12 AM. It should be on page 9 of this thread.

1782a469
Community Member

Good morning. I was browsing here and found your review worthwhile to read. Kindly consider looking through my profile. I recently joined Upwork. Kindly help this old lady 🙂 Thank you very much. 

Vicky L. - Your dependable REVA ad hoc bookkeeping assistant - Upwork Freelancer from Gasan, Philipp...

ca8e9568
Community Member

Hi there! I wanted to check in and see how you're doing. I was wondering if you could do me a small favor and take a look at my profile. I truly respect your knowledge and perspective, and I believe your feedback would be incredibly valuable in helping me enhance my profile.

c2fc84d5
Community Member

Hello,

Can anyone review my Upwork profile please. I am actively submitting the proposals but no interview calls has been scheduled till now.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01d255f4e19e61d24b

Thanks,

Nirali

hi where you from?

Hi, I am from India currently residing in Ireland.

898394d0
Community Member

Hi Clark S
Hello Upwork community, I'm looking for Reviews on my Upwork profile.
https://www.upwork.com/workwith/ayushk125
I'm still forwarding proposals but worried.

kindly review please
837a5684
Community Member

can you help me tò know how tò apply for the First project 

Helpful reply.

87dd9cee
Community Member

Hi Clark,

I have seen you have reviewed lot of people's profiles.you are great at it. I'm a concept artist & Illustrator starting out in upwork. Could you be kind enough to review my profile too.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~015339dc67473991c4?s=1017484851352698968 

celgins
Community Member

Hi Sarath,

Welcome to Upwork.

I looked through your profile and noticed you have good content, but I think you need to make your summary more client-focused. You summary mentions your experience, your likes, and the things you're passionate about, but clients only care about your experience. In fact, the amount of concern over your experience is very litte. Clients care about results and they want to know how you can help them.

Here are some suggestions that might help improve your profile:

Title: Capitalize the first letter of each word in your title; it will help it look more professional and stand out: Concept Artist, Illustrator, Graphic Designer. The same applies to your Graphic Design and Illustration specialized profiles:

• Graphic Design Expert | Brand Identity
  • Illustrator

Overview/Summary: As mentioned above, your summary talks a lot about "you" when clients are concerned about themselves. Clients want to know how you will leverage your skills and qualifications to provide your services, and how that benefits them.

You can revise your summary to be more client-focused by being more assertive, removing the "me" content, and making your existing content about the client. For example:

I'm a highly skilled Concept Artist and Illustrator who believes in developing vibrant, thought-provoking concept art and designs. I can create a variety of high-quality designs: from vehicles, buildings, and furniture to creatures, characters and logos, I create art that brings your ideas to life.

I am driven by the opportunity to convey a captivating story through my creations. I firmly believe that your design should not only be visually appealing, but also serve as a solution to a problem. Consequently, I always strive to find elegant solutions that solve problems beautifully.

I have considerable experience in graphic design with a focus on advertising. It has equipped me with the skills to build brand identities and contribute to the growth of emerging businesses and long-standing organizations.

Let's work together to create something wonderful. Contact me to discuss.

The rest of your profile looks good.

f2b6a976
Community Member

Open to suggestion and feedback to improve my profile

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01e8421e88e97897aa

"Hello Upwork community, I'm looking for suggestions on improving my Upwork profile.https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01ffb869b8f9cfd1e9

I sent many proposals but did not get a job. Please review my profile and give feedback.

hydstar
Community Member

celgins
Community Member

Hello Haris,

Your profile is set to Private. You must set your profile to Public so we can see it.

After you make your profile public, post a new message.

2463c571
Community Member

Hey Harris, your profile is set to private, please solve this so I can give you feedback.

c203bb74
Community Member

Hi Haris, 

Your profile is set to private, Set it to public by visiting the setting tab. 

Hi there, 

I'm a translator and tutor with an expertise in writing quality content. May you please give some suggestions about my profile? It would be great to hear from you ☺️

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths