🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
AndreaG

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,683 REPLIES 1,683
stanley-armah
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community,

I recently did some work on my profile and I would greatly appreciate your feedback:

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0148c2867b10eccd44?viewMode=1

Thank you very much for your time.

Hello Stanley,

Your profile is set to Private. You must set your profile to Public so we can see it.

55e6877e
Community Member

Hello everyone, can you look at my profile and let me know some pointers on how to improve it?

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01e1a52b4b8f7d2530

celgins
Community Member

Hello Muhammad,

That is an interesting approach to a title, but I'm afraid it will not impress potential clients. I highly suggest removing "Just one Guarantee - No Time Wastage" and creating a simpler title like: Video Production | Video Editing.

You start your overview/summary by telling potential clients that you will not waste time. Unfortunately, many clients will think you are wasting their time because you never tell them about your services or what you can do until the third paragraph.

Clients come to Upwork with specific needs and look for freelancers who can meet those needs. Only the first two sentences of your summary are shown to clients in searches, which means you have a small window of opportunity to grab their attention. You should use that small window to show clients that you can provide services that meets their goals.

My recommendation is to remove the second paragraph, modify the first paragraph to make it shorter, and move it behind the third paragraph (which becomes your new first paragraph). Then, start your summary by slighly modifying your third paragraph (your new first paragraph):

I am a gifted Video Editor with more than 8 years of experience in video editing, motion graphics, colour grading, YouTube videos, animations and all that is required to create awesome videos, which not only look good, but also fulfills the purpose and objectives for which those videos are being made.

I will not waste YOUR time. Right from the inception of the project till the delivery within the specified timelines, you will find me highly cooperative and quite understanding to what you want.

As I have marketing experience and ...

If you have held jobs, you should add them to your employment history.

Your portfolio and other profile areas look good.

ea259e25
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community, 

I am new here. 

I kindly request you to please take a moment to review my profile https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01fbdf38c3606598af 

and provide the feedback.

I'm looking for suggestions on improving my Upwork profile to get jobs. 

celgins
Community Member

Hi Musab,

I few things I noticed about your profile that need to be updated:

Title: Your title should be short and focused on a specific skill area(s) or occupation. I suggest: Finance & Marketing Expert or Accountant.

Overview/Summary: Your summary is well-written and tells a good story. Unfortunately, client's don't care about personal stories or even professional stories. Clients come to Upwork with specific needs and they look for freelancers who can meet those needs.

Think about a clien'ts attention span being extremely short, which means you need to grab their attention as quickly as possible. Clients can only see the first two sentences of your summary when in searches, so you have a small window of opportunity to talk about services that can meet their goals.

My recommendation is to revise the first part of your summary. More specifically, the first two sentences and tell clients exactly which financial/accounting services you provide. For example:

I'm a finance and marketing expert with _____ years of experience helping organizations optimize their financial portfolios, harness market trends to drive revenue, and tactically position their brands for sustained success. I can provide financial modeling for small and large businesses and oversee your most importanat financial initiatives.

Portfolio: Add more items related to finance/accounting and/or marketing to your portfolio. The image you have now is a bird's-eye view of a city, but it does not explain to clients what it means. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

Skills: There are no skill categories in your list related to finance, accounting or marketing. The skill categories should be related to your profile title and summary. It is important to keep your skills list updated with relevant skills categories so that Upwork can match you with relevant jobs, and so your profile will appear when clients search for your skills.

I think a few changes will help clients better understand which financial services you offer and how you can help meet their needs or solve their problems.

7520bedc
Community Member

hello i am mahnoor and  i want to work on upworkk and i am ver passionate about my workk soo please help me to find something very good for my workk

hello i am mahnoor new on upworkk and i have written articles for differnt books for publish 

celgins
Community Member

Hello Mahnoor,

You need to change your profile photo. The picture in your photo should be a close-up image of your head and shoulders that clearly shows your face. Read through Upwork's best practices for How to Choose A Good Profile Picture.

Your overview/summary needs to tell prospective clients what types of content writing you can do and how it will benefit them.

Since you are new to Upwork, make sure your profile is 100% complete before applying to jobs. The best way to complete your profile is to go through the following Academy Courses and Learning Paths:

d229b65c
Community Member

Hello, Upwork community!

I want you to review my profile and give feedback for further improvement and attracting clients.

Your opinion will be highly appreciated.

regards,

Sumaira Younus

celgins
Community Member

Hello Sumaira,

I think your profile looks good. I have only a few suggestions for minor changes:

Title: I think your title is okay, but I recommend reversing the words and giving yourself a skill/occupation: Content Writer | Articles, Essays, Reports

Portfolio: Add one or two more writing samples to your portfolio. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients.

Employment History: Add short job descriptions to each job in your employment history.

The other areas of your profile look good. I do not see any problems or issues that would prevent a client from hiring you.

ab60b676
Community Member

Hi, I'm Ben and I would like to received a feedback on my profile. 

Thank you in advance.

celgins
Community Member

Hi Ben,

I looked through each section of your profile and everything is great. I have no recommendations that would vastly improve it.

Your summary, portfolio, and skills are very good, and the other areas of your profile look good. I do not see any issues that would prevent a client from hiring you.

Good luck!

dc336c99
Community Member

thanks
ab60b676
Community Member

Thank you for the feedback.

shoaib__tariq
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community. Please review my profile. I would love to hear your response.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01b12c6c9ada66bb07

Hi Shoaib,

I think your profile looks good. Your overview/summary is a bit long and many clients will not read all of it. However, I think you provide informative content at the beginning of your summary, which is good for potential clients when they see your profile in searches.

I have no suggestions that would improve your profile and I do not see any problems that would prevent a client from hiring you.

Good work man! It's very detailed  working on your profile, I wish you luck.

5e0d5241
Community Member

Hello friend want to my profileis good to 

Won the  job 

Akullo Loy
celgins
Community Member

Hello Akulu,

Your profile is incomplete. If you want to have any chance at attractive clients, you need to complete your profile.

Use your title to tell clients which skill area or occupation you have. Then, use your summary to tell clients what you can do and which services you offer. Finally, add skill categories that match your title and summary, and create a portfolio to show examples of your work. Use a grammar checker if you need help writing your summary.

Your profile should be 100% complete before applying to jobs. The best way to complete your profile is to go through the following Academy Courses and Learning Paths:

a7f941a3
Community Member

Hi Clark, Can you take a look at my profile and provide? What can i do to improve it?

40f49254
Community Member

I'm new here, I have a lot to understand and I'm learning

Akulu,

You should find someone who speaks and writes fluently in English to help you. Then look at other Upwork profiles, seeking out ones with great track records. Review them and try to learn from them. Lastly "Software" is not a service. Freelance workers are generally those who provide a service. You have to consider what service you can offer people that works well over the Internet.

82fd1667
Community Member

Hello Upwork community, I am new to the platform. I am kindly asking you 

celgins
Community Member

Nsakanya,

Your profile needs to be setup like a freelancer--not an employee looking for a job. As a freelancer, you are running a business that provides services to other businesses (clients). Your overview/summary must tell clients about the services you provide and how you can help meet their needs.

Make sure your profile is 100% complete before applying to jobs. The best way to complete your profile is to go through the following Academy Courses and Learning Paths:

95f2c7b5
Community Member

hy Andrea G 

Its a nice effort for the starters to give them profile feedback. 

i need to know how can i improve my profile 

you people are doing great job 

thank you 

Adil,

If you want to work as a writer, your profile should be letter-perfect. It has some very noticeable mistakes in it. If you're not technically accurate, find an editor who speaks and writes in English and have them look over your work before you post it.

Secondly, you should be more assertive. Don't talk about things other people can't do or don't want to do ... talk about services that you offer in a positive manner.

a826286e
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community. Please review my profile. I would love to hear your response. 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01453a792ccc7d2e7c

celgins
Community Member

Hi Huram,

Remove the first two lines in your overview/summary since they provide no value to clients:

celgins_0-1691415400265.png

Make sure your profile is 100% complete before applying to jobs. You still need to fill in education, employment history, and you need to update your skills list with more skill categories related to marketing automation.

c251233b
Community Member

g

Faiez,

Why does your job title say "Pharmacist" when you are looking for work as a web developer? 

oh, it looks like a mistake, thanks, I'll fix it

celgins
Community Member

Huram,

Anthony was referring to Faiez's profile.

There is a review of your profile provided above.

64eb5bdf
Community Member

Hi Upwork community, please help me review my profile. There might be things I am not getting right. I look forward to your feedback.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01e4d354b523baa302

celgins
Community Member

Hi Jennifer,

I looked through each section of your profile and I think it's great.  Your overview/summary is well-written, your skills are relevant and your portfolio is great.

The other areas of your profile look good too, and I do not see any problems or issues that would prevent a client from hiring you.

Community Member

Hi, 

I've just joined unwork and would be grateful if anyone had any feedback or tips about my profile. 

Thank you!

Menucha 

celgins
Community Member

Hi Menucha,

The first thing I noticed about your profile is your title and overview/summary. Your title and summary should be related and tell a story about the services you provide. For example, if you are providing administrative assistance services on Upwork, you title should be something like: Administrative Assistant. Then, your summary should talk about your experience providing administrative assistance, the administrative assistance tasks you can complete, and how that helps clients.

Right now, your title "Early years practitioner / psychology student"  is unrelated to your summary, which talks about personal attributes.

Here is my sugesstion:

1) Change your title to a skill area or occupation: Administrative Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Virtual Assistant, etc.

2) Remove this: "Menucha Bernstein Nursery Practitioner" and rewrite your summary in a way that tells prospective clients what a Administrative Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Virtual Assistant, etc. can do and how you will help meet their needs. Then, remove all of the "personal attributes."

3) Update your skills list to include skills related to your title and summary.

Since you are new to Upwork, make sure your profile is 100% complete before applying to jobs. The best way to complete your profile is to go through the following Academy Courses and Learning Paths:

9f16e6c8
Community Member

Freelancing is my very Experience

celgins
Community Member

Muhammad Shoaib,

Your profile is still blank. Finish setting up your profile.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths