🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

7,804 REPLIES 7,804

Your profile is private

celgins
Community Member

Ali,

If you are referring to unsolicited invitations you get from clients, you will not receive any because your profile is set to Private. Clients can only see you when your profile is Public or when you apply to jobs.

Besides that, other freelancers cannot help you get invitations from clients. Your best course of action is to set your profile to Public, which allows you to receive invitations, and continue applying to jobs that match your skills/qualifications.

6059d321
Community Member

Thank you for your response, however, the problem is that I've been using Upwork for over a year. My profile recently became private after it was previously public, but I didn't receive any invitations, and it didn't appear on the search list. Could you please advise me on what I should do?

Ali,

Go to Settings and update your Profile to Public so it can be viewed. Click the Academy link on the top of this page for success TIPS on landing Jobs. Thanks!

William T C

Thank you for your response, however, the problem is that I've been using Upwork for over a year. My profile recently became private after it was previously public, but I didn't receive any invitations, and it didn't appear on the search list. Could you please advise me on what I should do?

celgins
Community Member

Ali,

William is referring to the setting in your profile. Try to  set your profile to Public so we can see it.

If that doesn’t work, read through Upwork’s Profile Changed to Private and click the Reset My Profile Visibility button, and Upwork can manually reset it.

2fc27948
Community Member

Please take a look at my profile and give me your feedback.

Faten,

Same as the above two Profiles. Please use two Skills in the Title, four compelling paragraphs minus the emoticons, use all 15 Skills, add your Portfolio, and add a Project Catalog. Thanks!

Thank you very much for your help! 

5c7fe40f
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community,

I am new to freelancing work and curious to try upwork first. Hope you can help me review my profile. Thank you so much for your time and consideration. 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~016039fb7a0628a995

Hi Herald,

Please use two Skills in the Title, four compelling paragraphs minus the emoticons, use all 15 Skills, add your Portfolio, and add a Project Catalog. Thanks!

aef2b451
Community Member

Hello,
I've just joined UPWORK.
Could you please review my resume and suggest any areas for improvement?
Thank you.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0185e4988fccad3e3e

Hello Yang,

Please use two Skills in the Title, four compelling paragraphs minus the emoticons, use all 15 Skills, add your Portfolio, and add a Project Catalog. Thanks!

aef2b451
Community Member

Thanks for your response , I really appreciated.
Additionally, I'd like to ask, is the rate of $25 per hour that I've set for the skills I possess reasonable on this platform?

Yang,

Until your Profile is updated, it is unknown whether $25 is the proper price.

54f302a4
Community Member

celgins
Community Member

Hammad,

Your profile has good information. Add some spacing in your overview/summary to make it easier for clients to read.

I am a Mechanical Engineer with more than eight years of experience in tutoring mechanical engineering, math, and physics courses. I can offer online tutoring and provide online lessons guidance for your subjects.

I am well-versed in engineering subjects and I am available to provide tutoring. I can help you in following mechanical engineering courses:

◉  Engineering Statics

◉  Machine Design

◉  Theory of Machine

◉  Thermodynamics

◉  Engineering Drawing & Graphics

◉  Manufacturing Processes

◉  Total Quality Management

◉  Six Sigma

◉  Math and Algebra

◉  Physics

◉  Math N5 Entry Exam

I am available to discuss your needs and how I can help.

We are allowed up to 15 skill categories. Add other skills to your skills list, but only if those skills are relevant to your work.

You should also consider adding a project catalog. The project catalog allows you to setup a pre-packaged service that clients can buy without you sending a proposal. Due to higher than usual requests for project catalogs, reviews and approvals are taking a minimum of 10 business days. Read Get Started With Project Catalog for more information.

6560fb40
Community Member

Hi upwork Community,❣️

I am a new seller in Upwork, I have made an account here about 2 months ago and have set it up well and have been active regularly, so far I have given 3 projects in the project catalog, but still I am not getting work 😢

I am applying to do it to no avail! I work in digital marketing and shopify please teach me some tips for cover letter writing😇

Kindly advise me on how I can successfully move towards a bright future at Upwork🙏

Ismail,

Please click the Academy link on the top of this page for success TIPS and how to land Jobs. Thanks!

Thanks for your valuable feedback😍

Community Member

Hello team please rate my profile. if there is any thing i need to change i welcome all feedbacks.

Thank you.

my profile link is

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011c2f2b1002676a19

celgins
Community Member

Hello Jacktone,

Your profile is incomplete. You need to add more information to your overview/summary that explains your services as a software engineer and how you can help clients. Then, add a portfolio to show examples of your work.

Make sure your profile is 100% complete before applying to jobs. The best way to complete your profile is to go through the following Academy Courses and Learning Paths:

d0903988
Community Member

Hello! I am new on Upwork kindly check my profile and give me right suggestions Thanks in advance!

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01c40339962b2ea14c

celgins
Community Member

Not much has changed from my review from last month.

Other freelancers might be willing to review your profile.

3b905fa1
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community,
Kindly have a look  at my upwork profile 
profile link: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~018ef145d868409a29 

celgins
Community Member

Hi Talha,

Remove this from the first line if your overview/summary:

"Blockchain Developer | Solidity Developer | Web Developer"

This repeats your title and wastes space.

The rest of your profile looks fine.

Good luck!

aa8da829
Community Member

Hello team

I would appreciate if you could please kindly review my profile and give me feedback.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~019c5ddb96f8123915

Thanks in advance for your valuable help!

celgins
Community Member

Hello Komlan Kansi,

You may have missed the review completed on August 23. You can view it here.

d0903988
Community Member

Hello! kindly look at my profile and give me right suggestion Thanks in Advance!

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01c40339962b2ea14c

1bea72c3
Community Member

Please have a look at my profile and give a feedback. Thank you

Esther,

Hi. Welcome.

Just a couple of things. First, check out other writer profiles to get some fresh ideas on what you might want to say. Second, you should post some writing samples. 

If you don't have any, it's OK to assign yourself some writing jobs and do them. They aren't as convincing as previous paid assignments, but if that's all you got, most people won't question that.

If you do that, however, find an editor who can make sure your grammar and syntax are perfect. That's one thing about paid writing jobs ... after the editor gets through with them, then you know you've got a production-ready writing sample you can count on.

suranisaunak
Community Member

Please have a look at my profile and let me know if any feedback or suggestions.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/fullstacksdeveloper

Surani,

Your profile looks good. I have only one suggestion: add Full-Stack Development to your skills list. We are allowed only 15 skills, so you will have to remove a skill to add Full-Stack Development.

I think Full-Stack Development is more important than any other skill in your list. Why? Because Upwork's algorithms look for congruence or synergy between your title, summary, skills, portfolio, etc. Since you have have "full-stack developer" in your title and sumary, and "full-stack development" in your work history testimonials, and employment history, it might help with job matches if your add Full-Stack Development to your skills list.

Everything else is good.

3da0ce4c
Community Member

Hi everyone, 

I am new to Upwork and would really appreciate any feedback with regard to my profile.

Thank you

Lindi

It's set to private, so we can't help ya!

3a6b2d10
Community Member

Hello guys my name is Yagiz and I'm Web Developer. I have  create my account today. I have sent proposal to client and he returned me,To be honest  It was really make me feel good but I think I need suggestion from expert freelancer. becuase I have limited connections. Do you have any suggestion for me ?

celgins
Community Member

Hello Yagiz,

Welcome to Upwork.

Very nice profile. I seldom see a newly create profile that is well-written and complete.

Unfortunately, there are quite a few scammers lurking around Upwork. They often target new freelancers, even when your account is looks and sounds good. Web development is a highly competitve niche, so it can be difficult to get attention.

With a web developer profile, the only suggestion I have is to add at least one additional item to your portfolio. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression and potential clients will expect to see several samples from a web professional.

Keep in mind that most freelancers--especially those new to Upwork--do not receive invites from clients. Instead, most freelancers have to apply to jobs by submitting proposals. If you receive an unsolicitated invite, but sure to review it thoroughly before responding. Many scammers will attempt to get you to communicate outside of Upwork before offering a contract, which is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service.

When you apply to jobs by submitting proposals, make sure the jobs match your qualifications and write good cover letters. Write a custom cover letter based on the client's job:

1) Acknowledge the job you are applying for.

2) Highlight your qualifications.

3) Address specific points in the job by briefly explaining how you can meet their needs or solve their problem.

4) Request the client reach out to discuss their project or request an Upwork Zoom call.

For more tips on cover letters, read through Upwork's best practices on How To Write a Cover Letter.

Good luck.

266769f8
Community Member

Please have a look at my profile and let me know if anyone is willing to give me the best feedback.

Thank you.

Here is my profile link.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/sunnyn4

celgins
Community Member

Sunny,

It will be best for clients if you structure your overview/summary into paragraphs. Here is an example:

I’m a web developer with experience building websites for small and medium sized businesses. I can design, build, and maintain websites and web applications, and write and edit website content. My understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, and general web functions and standards allows me to quickly creates solutions for identified problems or bugs.

I work well independently or within a team and can communicate effectively with your teams, colleagues, managers, and stakeholders. My goal is to build high quality web applications, scripts, and landing pages using HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, APIs, and using SEO to ensure your website is positioned for success.

I can also develop and validate test routines to ensure the quality of an external and internal interface. I evaluate written code to ensure it meets industry standards and is compatible with all devices, and ensures the functionality of web services like REST,  etc.

I will fully manage your project from start to finish. During this time, I maintain a professional understanding of web development by tracking trends and participating in study groups.

Ready to get started? Let's discuss your needs and how I can help.

You can revise this as you wish, but your summary will be more appealing to clients if they can read short paragraphs like this.

We are allowed up to 15 skill categories in our skills list, so be sure to add more, as long as they are relevant to your web development work.

In your title, capitalize "development": Web Development

Your portfolio and other areas look fine.

Good luck!

266769f8
Community Member

Clark S, thanks for review my upwork profile. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths