🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Is My Profile good enough
Page options
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Note: A previous version of this post was closed as the number of responses made it difficult to read and navigate. If you had not received a response yet to a request you made, please post again in this thread.

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

7,804 REPLIES 7,804
b12d6991
Community Member

Hello Team,

Could you please review my profile and let me know what are the points of improvement?

Thank you

Mady

celgins
Community Member

Hello Madhurima,

There was a review of your profile on Sept 8; you can see that review here.

It appears you made some updates since then and I have a few suggestions that might help improve your profile.

1) I highly suggest removing the first two lines from your overview/summary:

celgins_0-1694554543610.png

Then, I recommend beginning your summary with two sentences that focus specifically on your services. Here is an example:

Highly skilled expert SEO article writer and super trendy social media content creator who can write exceptional, SEO-friendly articls and create, lead and execute effective social media campaigns across multiple accounts including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Pinterest, Threads, and more.

I've been working with various industries...

Why remove the first two lines and add sentences introducing your services? Because only the first two sentences of your summary are shown to clients in searches. This means you have a very small window of opportunity to grab their attention. You want to use that small window to talk about what you can do--you do not want to waste space with greetings and unnecessary words.

2) Do not forget to add a portfolio. This is very important for an article writer and social media content creator. Clients will expect to see visuals and the portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression.

3) Also, add more skill categories to your skills list, but only add them if they are relevant to your work. For example, I think you should add Article Writing, Virtual Assistance and Data Entry.  It is important to keep your skills list updated with relevant skills categories so that Upwork can match you with relevant jobs, and so your profile will appear when clients search for your skills.

ecp8v
Community Member

Hello!
Below is my Profile lInk,please check and let me know. I will wait for a constructive feedbcak.

Thank you.

Here is my profile link: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0197487dbea29c3536

celgins
Community Member

Hello Saima,

A few suggestions for your profile:

1) Capitalize the first letter of each word in your title; this will help it stand out. Also, do not use an acronym for YouTube: Content Writer | YouTube Script Writer | YouTube SEO

2) To optimize your profile for client searches, I suggest removing the following from your overview/summary: "Hey there!! I am Saima Murtaza and I absolutely love crafting captivating content for my Clients."

Why? Because greetings are nice, but they take up valuable space. Only the first two sentences of your summary are shown to clients in searches, which means you have a small window of opportunity to grab their attention. You want to use that small window to talk about your services and how you can help clients meet their goals.

Instead, start with something like:

I'm a highly skilled Content Writer and YouTube Script Writer with more than 6 years of experience crafting captivating content for my clients. I can create high-quality content for YouTube videos, blogs, articles, and web content that resonates with your readers.

👉WHAT I DO

(...)

2) You may want to add more skill categories to your skills list, but only add them if they are relevant to your services. It is important that you add YouTube SEO since you mention it in your title and summary. This will create better synergy between your title, summary and skill categories. Also consider adding Canva and Article Writing. The skill categories in your list helps Upwork match you with relevant jobs and helps positions your profile in search results when clients search for your skills.

Everything else looks good.

a049e234
Community Member

Hello, dear friends,👥

I am Rasoul , and I have chosen architecture as my primary specialization in my career. Recently, I have joined the Upwork website and am looking for new opportunities to work in the field of architecture. Therefore, I have decided to contact you as the support team and respected freelancers of the Upwork website.

my profile :  https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/rasouln

I am writing to express my concerns about the proposals I have been submitting on your platform. Unfortunately, it seems that my proposals are not receiving the attention they deserve from potential clients.

As a dedicated freelancer, I take great care in crafting each proposal to match the unique needs and requirements of the projects I am interested in. However, despite my best efforts, it appears that my proposals are not getting the visibility they need to attract clients.

I would greatly appreciate any advice or guidance you can offer to improve the visibility and effectiveness of my proposals. If there are any specific steps or strategies I should consider to increase my chances of being noticed by clients, please do share them with me.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to your valuable insights and suggestions.

Best regards,

celgins
Community Member

Hello Rasoul,

Many freelancers—even Top-Rated and Top-Rated Plus—are finding it difficult to get profile views and responses to their proposals. Competition is high, clients have spent less in recent quarters, and there are fewer jobs across the platform.

Freelancers cannot see other freelancer's proposals, so the best we can do is offer suggestions. I believe proposals should be simple and not complex. I also believe freelancers should only apply to jobs that match their qualifications by writing custom cover letters based on the client's job:

1) Acknowledge the job you are applying for.

2) Highlight your qualifications.

3) Address specific points in the job by briefly explaining how you can meet their needs or solve their problem.

4) Request the client reach out to discuss their project or request an Upwork Zoom call.

For more tips on cover letters, read through Upwork's best practices on How To Write a Cover Letter.

8c101dbb
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community,

I need tips on how to land my first job on upwork. Kindly visit my profile and tell me if there is anything I can do to improve my profile or make it better.  https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~014c4b597fb9c5ae1d

celgins
Community Member

Hello Damilola,

There is good information in your profile. To help optimize it for client searches, I recommend removing the first sentence from your overview/summary: "Welcome to my Profile dedicated to help your Shopify Store achieve revenue income of 7 figures Monthy :rocket:"

Why remove this? Because only the first two sentences of your summary are shown to clients in searches, which means you have a small window of opportunity to grab their attention. You do not want to waste space with unproven claims.

Everything else looks good.

8c101dbb
Community Member

Thank you for the tips. i've made changes

67b7cb9e
Community Member

Hey Andrea,

Hope you're doing well! I just wanted to drop a quick message to say how awesome it is that you've set up this feedback thread for Upwork newbies like me.

Starting on Upwork has been a bit of a rollercoaster, but I'm excited to improve my profile with some help from experienced freelancers in the community. I've made sure my profile isn't on "Private," so I'm all set to get some advice and tips.

Cheers

Fernando Chavarria

celgins
Community Member

Hi Fernando,

Starting on Upwork can be a rollercoaster, but you have made a good start to your profile. Here are a few quick suggestions:

1) Remove the word "Versatile" from your title. The does not enhance your title and allows the words "Virtual Assistant," which is what clients care about, to appear more prominently.

2) In your overview/summary, use lower case for "versatile": "Hello! I am a versatile Virtual Assistant"

3) Add a portfolio to show samples of your work. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

After you make these updates, start applying for jobs that match your qualifications by writing great cover letters. Always create a custom cover letter based on the client's job. Focus on the client's specific points in their job description; highlight your qualifications; and tell the client how you will meet their requirements.

Good luck!

5dea62df
Community Member

Hi Upwork Community,

Please, help review my profile and let me how to improve. I'm open to correction and suggestions from you. https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~012ad64644982f1577

celgins
Community Member

Hi Iniongun,

There was a review of your profile on September 10; you can see that review here.

6645a228
Community Member

Please have a look at my profile and let me know if anyone is willing to give me the best feedback.

Thank you.

Profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01b377f9aa824f0a34

celgins
Community Member

Dhanushka,

I think your profile is good, but I have a few suggestions to improve it:

1) It might seem small, but I recommend changing the spelling of "frontend" to "front-end" throughout your profile. Upwork uses a dash in front-end, so you should too. This might help keep your profile relevant for job matches and in search results, which are based on Upwork's algorithms.

2) As a UX/UI designer, you absolutely must have a portfolio. add a portfolio to show samples of your work. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression and clients will expect to see one.

3) Add short job descriptions to each job in your employment history, especially since two of those jobs are highly relevant to the services you provide on Upwork.

The other areas of your profile look good. The biggest thing you need to do is add the portfolio.

e56f41cd
Community Member

Hi Everyone.

Please review my profile & let me if there are any changes required

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~014c8edfb91b4960a1

Regards, 

celgins
Community Member

HI Aisha,

I looked through your profile and I have a few recommendations that might help improve it:

1) The first thing you should do is change your profile photo. The picture in your photo should be a close-up image of your head and shoulders that clearly shows your face. Read through Upwork's best practices for How to Choose A Good Profile Picture.

2) Next, remove the first line from your overview/summary: "Hi. This is Aisha." The greeting, itself, is not a problem, but using it in the first two sentences wastes valuable space. Why? Because only the first two sentences of your summary are shown to clients in searches. This means you have a small window of opportunity to grab their attention, and want to include important words within that two-sentence space.

Also, there are a few grammatical corrections needed in your first paragraph:

I am a freelance writer with broad experience writing for various business niches such as human resources, management, marketing, entrepreneurship, project management, cultural diversity, travel, health and safety, fitness and more. Since my undergraduate studies, experiences and interests are in business administration, I can write any aspect of business with deep knowledge and provide strong, high-quallity content for articles and blogs.

I'd like very much to bring my skills and flair...

3) The material in your portfolio is good, but you should consider changing the attached documents to PDF. You are using Microsoft Word (.docx) and OpenDocument (.odp) formats, but many clients may not have the ability to open Word or OpenOffice documents. The Adobe PDF format is universal and can be opened in any browser and across multiple platforms (i.e., desktop, mobile phone, tablet, etc.)

The other areas of your profile look fine.

faadi1132
Community Member

Hey everyone! I've recently updated my profile and I'd love some feedback on how it looks. Any suggestions on how I can make it even more creative or appealing? Your insights are much appreciated! :glowing_star:

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/faadimirza

Hi Faadi,

Your profile looks okay, but I have a few suggestions that might help improve it.

Title: Remove the word "Proficient" from your title. Instead, use: Administrative Virtual Assistant | CMS Development

Overview/Summary: Remove the first two lines from your summary:

"Hello, Prospected Clients!"

"Thank you for considering me"

The client will only see the first two sentences of your summary when they search for freelancers. This means you have a very small window of opportunity to grab their attention. You want to use that small window to talk about what you can do, and how you can help them; you do not want to waste space with greetings and unnecessary words.

Next, refer to yourself by skill area instead of "freelancer." Revise the first few sentences to tell clients who you are, what you can do, and how it might help them. For example:

Highly proficient and multi-talented Virtual Assistant with experience helping businesses with office administration, schedule management, data entry, and document organization to ensure business operations run smoothly and they meet their aggressive deadlines.

I embrace all challenges with a positive attitude and energy. You will find me to be dedicated and focused, very organized, extremely self-motivated, and passionate about helping people.

My expertise includes:

(...)

Portfolio: Add a portfolio to show samples of your work. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

Skills: Add more skill categories related to your services. I think you should add CMS Development, Data Entry, Calendar Management, and List Building since all of these are relevant to your title and summary. It is important to keep your skills list updated with relevant skills categories so that Upwork can match you with relevant jobs, and so your profile will appear when clients search for your skills.

faadi1132
Community Member

Hey! I've recently updated my profile and I'd love some feedback on how it looks. Any suggestions on how I can make it even more creative or appealing? Your insights are much appreciated! :glowing_star:

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/faadimirza

Review provided above.

157337f3
Community Member

Hello, can you please see my profile. I can't seem to get my order.
Looking forward to your reply.
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/yernartuleubaev

celgins
Community Member

Hello Yernar,

Competition on Upwork is tough, so gettting orders/projects can be a challenge. 

I looked through your profile and I have a few suggestions:

Title: Capitalize the first letter of each word in your title; this will help it stand out: Portraits and Illustrations Artisan

Overview/Summary: I recommend not using emojis in the first part of your summary. Why? Because only the first two sentences of your summary are shown to clients in searches, which means you have a small window of opportunity to grab their attention. You want to include as many important words as possible in that small window, and you don't want to fill it with emojis.

Highly skilled portrait and illustration artist with more than 5 years of experience creating high-quality illustrations for my clients. I create eye-catching hand-drawn illustrations by sketching and drawing stylized portraits and cartoon art using pencils and acrylics.

When I work with you, my process includes the following:

✔ I take into account all the characteristic features of the character and use them for the best result.
✔ I work in different styles and can do the work based on your references.
✔ The work will be completed quickly and efficiently, as I am completely dedicated to my work.

(...)

Skills: You are missing very important skill categories in your list. You should consider adding Cartoon Art, Cartoon Character, Hand-Drawn Style, and Book Illustration. It is important to keep your skills list updated with relevant skills categories so that Upwork can match you with relevant jobs, and so your profile will appear when clients search for your skills.

Employment History: Add short job descriptions to each job in your employment history, especially since those jobs are highly relevant to your Upwork profile.

031727ed
Community Member

please have a look on my profile and help me to improve it 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/settings/profile this is the link of my profile

thank youu

Hi Elarya,

I hope this message finds you well.

I'm writing to you today to offer some feedback on your profile. I think it has a lot of potential, but there are a few things you could do to improve it.

First, I would recommend adding a portfolio of your work. This is a great way to show potential employers or clients what you're capable of. 

Second, I would add more details to your profile description. This is your chance to tell people about yourself and what you're passionate about. Be sure to highlight your skills and experience, and explain why you're a good fit for the position you're applying for.

Finally, make sure your profile is up-to-date. You should also review your profile regularly and make changes as needed.

I hope this feedback is helpful. I'm confident that you can create a strong profile that will help you achieve your goals.

Best regards, 

Al Wajir

07558df0
Community Member

Please have a look at my profile and let me know if anyone is willing to give me the best feedback.

Thank you.

celgins
Community Member

Ajay,

If you are using the same picture for your profile photo, you need to change it. The picture in your photo should be a close-up image of your head and shoulders that clearly shows your face. Do not use graphics, avatars, or anything other than a picture of you. Read through Upwork's best practices for How to Choose A Good Profile Picture.

Your profile is set to Private. You must set your profile to Public so we can see it.

c5984542
Community Member

I have been a member since June, I get views but haven't recive any work yet. Please guide me on how I can get the project. What to change in my profile or any other useful tips

Ritiksha,

Your writing is very pleasant, surprising, and clear. Yoga is not about touching your toes.  I liked your travel story, as well.

I think you should mention SEO content writing (which pays better than content writing) and a few of the topics you've covered.  Especially mention some of the brand-name niches, such as medical writing and law writing if you are comfortable with that. Don't forget to say this doesn't define you completely, because you can cover other things as well.

It helps to say you can tackle complex topics and bring them down to Earth.

It helps to say you have a range of styles or to say your writing appeals to many demographics, such as the general public, women, old, young, middle-aged. 

Now, having said all that, you should delete this:

Key Skills:

Content Writing: Proficient in producing high-quality content for websites, media firms, and documentaries, ensuring a strong impact on target audiences. Storytelling: Skilled in developing captivating narratives that engage readers/viewers and evoke emotional responses.

Research and Analysis: Capable of conducting in-depth research to gather relevant information and data, ensuring accuracy and credibility in content creation.

Adaptability: Experienced in tailoring writing style and tone to suit diverse platforms, industries, and target audiences. Deadline Management: Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines while maintaining a high level of quality and attention to detail.

Communication: Effective communication skills in collaborating with clients, understanding their needs, and delivering content that exceeds expectations. Professional Experience:

Why?

In the first place, it's redundant. By now, we know you're a content writer. We've already read 150 words from you, so you don't have to say you're a great communicator -- we already know that. Experienced writers don't have to prove they know what the word "deadline" means. (Your clients also know what it means, so you don't have to tell them either.) You don't have to say you're a good storyteller, which you already told us in your opening remarks.

Also, your profile is just too long. I don't know a good word count, but I would see if you can even subtract a bunch of stuff that comes after that list, which I found unnecessary.

I'm dismayed, because you should be getting work. I'm sure not all of my thoughts resonate, but I can also help you with proposal letters if you like. I can write one in 90 seconds or so. That sounds stupid, but I get pretty good results. 

6ba07100
Community Member

Hello everyone! I am new to Upwork and also new to Data Analytics. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could give me some feedback on my profile and any tips on how to get work.

Thank you and have a great day!

Madison,

Very well done. Very articulate. The problem is there are X-zillion other freelancers on this platform and Y-zillion data analysts.

That said, you can't do better than what you've written and your fee is resonable (as far as I know). But I strongly advise you to put the word "expert" somewhere near the start of your write-up. Preferably, right before you say "data analyst."

As in "I am an expert data anayist ..."

Maybe that sounds like a push, but if you are an expert people will want to hear what you have to say. (They will read the rest of your profile.) If you're not an expert, why should they pay attention to you? (They won't read the rest of your profile.)

That said, you might put in a few more qualifiers. Where did you work in the past? What kind of analyst feats of wonder have you done?  Name drop a client or two if you can. The point is, if you are an expert, it helps to prove it. And being exprienced isn't proof (experience isn't concrete enough; you need specifics to be credible). Meanwhile, you don't need a lot, but a little more solid information ("I worked with clients in the X, Y, and Z industries ..."} would push that write up over the top. Again, you don't have to lay it on thick. Experts are people who should be confident. Take it from there.

Hi Anthony
Are you successful on this platform? I'm asking because I'm a newcomer, and I haven't been successful in earning income yet, which has me quite concerned

Art Director
digital monster
0e7707b4
Community Member

respected dear Andrea G I am upwork account holder you are expert  please help how I can use upwork and search the clint who gave me job of typing work I am MS word typing expert. please

celgins
Community Member

Sagheer,

Your profile needs to be 100% complete before applying to jobs. You will not  find clients willing to hire you until you complete your profile. The best way to complete your profile is to go through the following Academy Courses and Learning Paths:

33c680ac
Community Member

Greetings everyone!!
Please review my profile at: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~015b1d9f0db3542273

celgins
Community Member

Aneel,

The first thing I noticed about your profile is the beginning of your overview/summary. Your summary starts with information that clients rarely pay attention to. Clients come to Upwork to find freelancers who can help them get results and meet their goals.

It is important to tell clients exactly what you can do, and tell them early in your summary. Why? Because only the first two sentences of your summary are shown to clients in searches. This means you have very little space to grab their attention. You want to use that small space (two sentences) to talk about what you can do and how you can help them.

To do that, I highly recommend removing this:

"Hello, my name is Aneel Kumar I am a dedicated and hard working person who believes in honesty and good working relation. Though I am new at this sector of job but I have certain qualities which makes me good at this."

Then, move this to a lower spot in your summary:

"I am graduate of Computer Science from the university of Sindh. My education background helps me to perform according to my client’s expectations."

Then, at the start of your summary, say something like:

I am a skilled Data Entry Specialist with experience producing accurate data entry that helps my clients meet their deadlines and maintain quality standards. I can help you with data research, data extraction, data collection, and lead generation using web research, and completing data entry tasks using Microsoft Excel

Why hire me? You will get the following services:

- Contact List Creation

- Web scraping

- Email Research & Email Verification

- Data Entry

- Contact Database Building

(...)

Portfolio: Add a few more items to your portfolio. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression and clients will expect more visuals from a data entry specialist.

Skills: You should also add more skill categories related to your work. How about Virtual Assistance, Web Scraping, Contact List, Email Sourcing, and List Building. It is important to keep your skills list updated with relevant skills categories so that Upwork can match you with relevant jobs, and so your profile will appear when clients search for your skills.

Employment History: Add short job description to the job at Kabeer, especially since the work is related to your Upwork services.

I think these updates will make your profile more appealing to clients.

7019affc
Community Member

Hello everyone, I would like to request some help from you if anyone is willing to give a feedback for my profile

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01ce7f5c86aa966a91

Thanks!

celgins
Community Member

Hello Hugo,

There are several things you need to update in your profile:

Title: Remove the word "Other." Your title should be: Software Development | Netting, .NET Framework, ASP.NET, ASP

Overview/Summary: Add more information about your services. Give specific examples of applications you can develop and the services you can provide, and how those services benefit clients. Then, talk about your work/development process and why clients should choose you.

Portfolio: Add a portfolio to show samples of your work. The portfolio is a chance to make a positive first impression on potential clients. If you don’t have relevant examples to add to your portfolio, you can create items that demonstrate your skills.

Skills: Add more skill categories to your skills list, but only add them if they are related to your work. It is important to keep your skills list updated with relevant skills categories so that Upwork can match you with relevant jobs, and so your profile will appear when clients search for your skills.

ariespal
Community Member

Although, I am not new to upwork, I have not been able to find a role yet on upwork. Please can a community member provide a profile feedback?

Thanks,
Lavanya

celgins
Community Member

Lavanya,

Even though you are not new to Upwork like you said, the moderators will likely move this post here.

I'm guesing you tried to set your profile to Public within your settings?

If that doesn’t work, read through Upwork’s Profile Changed to Private and click the Reset My Profile Visibility button.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths