🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: I'd love to get a profile review
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582
fatiq
Community Member

I haven't got and completed any job yet. Now I'm looking forward to your helpful review. Others are requested to help me as well.

cfeb7758
Community Member

Hey guys,

Can I get some eyes on this profile and some commentary. I want to know truthfully how you feel about it and the portfolio items, what it communicates to you, etc.

Please and thank you!

Link: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~012075073c2959f068?viewMode=1&s=1044578476142100494

Mack

vpctv
Community Member

I'd like someone to critique my profile please

Mark, you need to add more detail to each of your profiles, highlighting your expertise and experience.  Not sure about your hourly rate - I would suggest reviewing other profiles in your field to see what they are charging.  You might be too low.

Thanks
ryan098
Community Member

Hey Mark,

Your profile is great since you have in depth experience in your chosen field. I suggest you add more portfolios and a few more videos of your work, that way the client will get exposed to the rich work experience that you have.

Regards
737f3d5f
Community Member

Hi I’m new and looking for editing and proofreading opportunities. I don’t know how to get started. I have placed bids on two proposals and both requested interviews, but I don’t know what to do from that post my forward. Thanks.
imaduddin78
Community Member

Dear community members,

Hope you are doing well and enjoying working with upwork. I am basically accounting professional and having experience more than 13 years. As I am new to upwork and has made my profile. 

I am looking forwared of your fruitful feedback towards improving trecks  to promote my profile. 

Looking forwared of your kind cooperation.

Imad uddin

Imad, lose the first sentence completely.  Concentrate on you abilities and experience in the field.  Have someone proofread your profile as there are a lot of grammatical errors.

thanks Mary

saqlain96
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I'm new freelancer. I don't know how to make an attractive profile. Can you give me suggestion that I make my profile attractive?. Thanks in advance

Aqi S wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm new freelancer. I don't know how to make an attractive profile. Can you give me suggestion that I make my profile attractive?. Thanks in advance

Your profile is confusing. You are claiming 5 star reviews and a good rating, but you have neither of those, so.... ? Proven track record means nothing when you don't have anything to back that up, it sounds like you used a random resume word generator. No general information or preaching, just focus on yourself and what you can do. 

Good picture that would be even better without the hand in front of the face. 

Rework, lose all the resume speak, and you absolutely need a portfolio.

Hello Upworkers ! I was hoping some of y'all could look at my profile and give me some feedback on it.

I'm new here and need your help to make my profile shine and start my freelancer career,

I keep sending proposals but after spending more that 55 connect I only got one offer, so if you can give me any advices or any tasks to help make my profile stand out please reply or send me a msg!
Profile : https://www.upwork.com/fl/aymanlahrim
Portfolio : https://www.malahrim.fr/

Thank you so much!

Ayman L wrote:

Hello Upworkers ! I was hoping some of y'all could look at my profile and give me some feedback on it.

I'm new here and need your help to make my profile shine and start my freelancer career,

I keep sending proposals but after spending more that 55 connect I only got one offer, so if you can give me any advices or any tasks to help make my profile stand out please reply or send me a msg!
Profile : https://www.upwork.com/fl/aymanlahrim
Portfolio : https://www.malahrim.fr/

Thank you so much!

Your profile is too short, you need to put in a little more work to convince a potential client to hire you. Don't tell the client to contact you to find out more, you are competing with maybe 200000 other people on upwork offering the same skills, maybe more, and you want to make it as easy as possible for a client to see at first glance why you are the best for the job.

What happened to the offer? Did you not accept it and why? 

Hi,Matina
Thanks for your quick reply ^^, I will try to add a longer description on my profile, also i've added a introduction video what do you think about it ^^?
i accepted the offer and im working on the project now.

Ayman L wrote:

Hi,Matina
Thanks for your quick reply ^^, I will try to add a longer description on my profile, also i've added a introduction video what do you think about it ^^?
i accepted the offer and im working on the project now.

Much better! Do the video again with a neutral background, and make 10 or more versions of it until you really like one. It's understandable that you are a little nervous, so relax a little. I like the video idea as it builds confidence with potential clients!

d518f586
Community Member

Hi, I'm new to UpWork. I would like to have feedback on my profile.

TIA

Urvija, your profile looks good to me, it's professional and gets to the point. I would add more portfolio pieces if you have them, and think about who your ideal client is and how your services are helping them. If they are not experts, then "high-quality design concepts and strategies, with the ability to generate photorealistic renders" does not say much to them. What problem are you solving for them?

Thanks, Eszter

Urvija K wrote:

Hi, I'm new to UpWork. I would like to have feedback on my profile.

TIA

Nice picture, maybe you can remove the glare on top though?

Make your text a little more personal and less like a resume, meaning use first person language. 

Otherwise looks good,  nice portfolio!

sabrhina
Community Member

Hi,

I am new to upwork. I haven't got any job till now. I hope you can tell me if I need to bring any changes to my profile. Thanks.

Sabrina I wrote:

Hi,

I am new to upwork. I haven't got any job till now. I hope you can tell me if I need to bring any changes to my profile. Thanks.

Sabrina, your profile is not public so we can't see it. 

Hey guys,

Can I get some eyes on my profile ( https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01888432406edb5ae0) and some commentary? 

Please and thank you!

harshithasuresh
Community Member

Hey there, 
Would you be able to give me your remarks on my profile?

Thank you in advance!

Suresh wrote:

Hey there, 
Would you be able to give me your remarks on my profile?

Thank you in advance!

Suresh, your profile is also not public. 

It isn't, but it is visible to Upwork users. Wouldn't that suffice?

Hi Suresh,

If your profile is set to be visible to only Upwork users, they cannot access it from your Community profile. However, if you share the link to your profile here, they will be able to see it.

Cheers,
Mike

Suresh wrote:
It isn't, but it is visible to Upwork users. Wouldn't that suffice?

It doesn't as this is a public forum.

ada5ed6f
Community Member

Hi,
I really appreciate a profile review.
I'm very much new here and I don't really have any work experience. What do I do?
toass
Community Member

Hey Nnam,

Just had a look at your profile. Here is what I suggest:

1) Get a better profile photo. Plain background. Close Crop. Look directly at the camera. And smile a little. Look presentable and professional.

2) Update your profile  "Title" that quickly explains what you do, for what people and what they get as a result

3) Update your profile "Overview" description

4) Add a video that explains your process and communicate your unique offering

I also suggest you check out this post where I give a little more detailed info:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Get-Profile-Feedback-from-Experienced-Freelancers-on-U...

To your success!

Tom

sequoiacapital
Community Member

Hi Everyone, I'm brand new, and looking for experience, and especially work! I'd find it very helpful to receive constructive feedback about my profile. Thanks in advance!!

Hey Alex,

A few things that you absolutely want to do:

1) Improve your "title" or as I like to call it 'Your Value Proposition"

2) Improve your "profile overview" 

3) Add video to your profile

4) Add a few portfolio items

Check out this post here. It will give you a better understanding of how to do all of the above:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Get-Profile-Feedback-from-Experienced-Freelancers-on-U...

To your success!

Tom

ada5ed6f
Community Member

Hi,
I'm very new to upwork and I have spent days reading and familiarising myself with this platform. I want to begin submitting proposals but I need to be sure if I'm on track.
So, imagine I sent a proposal to you for a creative writing job, would you consider me?
What about my profile? You could help me check it out. I don't really have any working experience yet, I hope to build one here
Thanks for reading, I await your sincere replies

Your English and grammar aren't too bad, it's what you're doing with them that I have the most concern about. 

You drone on for paragraphs about how great you are, there's nothing formal or professional in there whatsoever, and then finish with this absolute gem; 

I would rather not bamboozle you with sweet words. I prefer to let my works speak for me..

This is not a dating profile, this is a professional work profile. Of course, have some personality to it, but there's no actual substance to your profile.

3 out of 10.

Thanks a lot James,
I don't really have anything to put up on my profile. I hope to build them here.
Anyways, I'll make some changes.
Thanks again!
gitak0099
Community Member

I'd love a review and expert eye to my profile! Thank you in advance!!

Excellent start, Gita! Including a video is a great step. Do you have any portfolio items that you could display? Your specialized profile is shorter than general profile. You have 15 years of experience and hence, some bragging rights in the area of training & development, right? I'd encourage you to add more. 

Good luck, and have fun freelancing!! 

toass
Community Member

Hey Gita, Well done on setting up your profile. Great Start. A few  important updates I recommend doing:

1) Change your profile "Title" to something that clearly explains what problem you are solving for what clients.

I like to think of   "Title" as "Your Value Proposition".  When clients are faced to choose from a pool of talent they need to quickly and easily understand what value you bring to the table. This is critical and it also helps you establish your niche, stand out of the crowd, get more work, and charge more!

2) While your profile "Overview" is nice and descriptive I suggest looking at it from a client's perspective. They have a problem and you can provide a solution. That's one of the reasons why people hire.  Replace words "I, ME, Years of Experience, " with "You, You will get, etc..." The hard truth is people don't care much about other people they care about themselves and how you can help them in their situation...This is fundamentally important to understand. Everything on your profile needs to be about clients and how you help them!

3) Your intro video is nice yet you can make it better.  3 Important you want to cover on your video:

1. Quick Intro (This can be the same as your title) Here is a great recipe for this:

My area of expertise is helping ______ to ______ by ________.
I typically work with __________ and I help them to ________

2. You want to quickly explain your work process. Don't got into fine details and don't use too much tech jargon.  Let people know you have a proven process you follow

3. Explain what it's like to be working together with you and what people can expect.

You want your prospects to think “That’s me” and “That’s my situation right now” and “I definitely want to achieve that result and work with this person”

To your success!
Tom

fayzunnahar
Community Member

Hi,
I am Fayzun.
Can you please check my profile?
I also need suggestion on sending proposal & replying to invitation.

Regards
Fayzun Nahar

Hey Fayzun

Just had a look at your profile. A few things absolutely need to do to improve it:

1) Check the post above and implement all the same things I suggested above. 

2) Add a video to your profile. 

3) Increase your hourly rate. Architects with 6 years of experience don't charge $6/h. Great architects are expensive. People across the world know that. Unless you want to compete for the lowest price...

4) Decide what you want to do. Be an architect or graphic designer. You can't do both things well.  Your clients will get confused by what it is you do...Find your niche.

To your success!

Tom

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths