🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582

Hey Tom,
Thanks for your advice. I must work on it.

Fayzun N wrote:

Hi,
I am Fayzun.
Can you please check my profile?
I also need suggestion on sending proposal & replying to invitation.

Regards
Fayzun Nahar

Add a little detail to your title, as in what kind of architectural services you offer.

Fayzun N wrote:

Hi,
I am Fayzun.
Can you please check my profile?
I also need suggestion on sending proposal & replying to invitation.

Regards
Fayzun Nahar

Are you planning to offer writing and transcribing in your native language only? That would be fine, if you want to attract English speaking clients, you must improve your text and correct all grammar and other mistakes. If you offer transcription, punctuation and spelling has to be flawless, and it should be not neccessary to point out to you that you misspelled transcription. 

You definitely need a portfolio to present your prior work. 

khadija-liaquat_
Community Member

hello there,

i am a newbie at upwork and i am unable to win my first job. Can you please help guide me how i can win jobs on upwork

Regards

Khadija L wrote:

hello there,

i am a newbie at upwork and i am unable to win my first job. Can you please help guide me how i can win jobs on upwork

I'm not sure what you do. Are you a physical therapist and how do you make money on Upwork where 99% of the work is remote (especially now)? Or are you a writer? Or a translator? Create a general profile for one of your skills and specialized profiles for the others...that could possibly earn you $ here.

Thank you for your feed back

cecilysorensenpr
Community Member

Hello, 

Could you take a look at my profile please? Thank you! 

Cecilly,

I think you are presenting what you have been and what you are capable of but the way I approach a profile is to present what problems you can solve for a client. A client is looking at your profile because they have X problem and the way I see it you are asking them to pick through what you said to find it.
I would try to have an answer to that problem in the first two lines of your profile. Those two lines are critical because someone looking at your profile in a search only see that. Just like in a proposal the first two lines need to be good enough to make a prospect read the whole thing.

Cecily S wrote:

Hello, 

Could you take a look at my profile please? Thank you! 

You need to forget everything you ever learned about writing a resume, because this is not what you need here. You need more focus on how you WILL solve a client's problem, and less about what you did in the past. The picture is good, but could be much better and clearer with better lighting. 

mnasirhse
Community Member

Hello 

Please check my profile too and give me feedback. Thanks

tauheedahmad1
Community Member

A wonderful services and very helpful for new commers like me. Please review my profile and suggest.

Tauheed A wrote:

A wonderful services and very helpful for new commers like me. Please review my profile and suggest.

It looks mostly ok to me, but missing the most important information - for which country/ countries are you qualified? Accounting standards can be very different and are constantly in flux, how are you keeping up to date with changes?

070f28b0
Community Member

hi upwork community

i am new on upwork please can someone review my profile and my payment methos is inactive needs your suggestion thanks

0a89842f
Community Member

Hello,

I am new to Upwork and could someone please review my profile and suggest any improvements?

Thank you!

Jennifer N wrote:

Hello,

I am new to Upwork and could someone please review my profile and suggest any improvements?

Thank you!

Jennifer N,

Include the # of years of experience you have in accounting upfront. Instead of starting the first 2 sentences with "I am..", change it up. The first 2 sentences are what a client sees in a search so make sure they stand out. 

Good luck!

swetanksai
Community Member

Good Evening Mike....

Greetings from India !!!!

I am new to Upwork.

Please suggest me how to update my profile so that I can get some work.

Waiting for youe reply.

Thanks

Ananya Mishra

a_pressell
Community Member

Hi I was wondering if someone could take a look at my profile and tell me what you think. I haven't had a lot of interest from potential clients I have submitted proposals to.

Amber P wrote:
Hi I was wondering if someone could take a look at my profile and tell me what you think. I haven't had a lot of interest from potential clients I have submitted proposals to.

Amber, I think you have great skills but you aren't selling them. Your profile is reading like a bio. Think of it like a pitch. What services do you offer and why are you the best fit for their needs? Try and stand out, make it unique (if someone else could say the same sentence and it holds true, rewrite it to be unique to you and your skills). Try to reframe it to be less about you and your expertise and instead what you can do for them (and then how your skills and expertise will help them). 

I rewrote my profile to mostly have the services I can provide. What do you
think now?

Amber, I would make the last line of your profile the first line. It's a clear summary of the different services you provide. I think it's a lot better with the bullet list you've created of different things you can provide. 

Thanks a lot for the input. I hope this helps with the hiring
moataz-sharbatly
Community Member

Would you be able to give me your remarks on my profile?
Many Thanks.

Moataz E wrote:

Would you be able to give me your remarks on my profile?
Many Thanks.

Lose the generic greeting, you are wasting valuable space as clients will only see the first 2 lines of your profile until they click on it. 

hello

i am new to Upwork, would love to review my account, i have submitted my two proposals but no one approached me back, if anyone can review my profile would be greatful 

Thanks!

SAAD K wrote:

hello

i am new to Upwork, would love to review my account, i have submitted my two proposals but no one approached me back, if anyone can review my profile would be greatful 

Thanks!

Start over. Remove the first line. Eliminate ALL CAPS BECAUSE IT READS AS IF YOU ARE SCREAMING TO THE CLIENT.

Review other freelancer profiles in your field. Pay attention to those who are Top Rated and who have been on the platform for a long time. Do their profiles sound good? Do they stand out? The answer would be yes. 

Hi I'm almost 3 months here in upwork can someone please check my profile for feedback please. Ireally want to have a job here in upwork.

sertac_kosker
Community Member

Hello Everyone

I need to improve my profile's visibilty. Also, I tried to be very clear and simple while constructing my profile. Can anyone check my profile and tell me what is/are wrong with my profile? What should I do for a better profile?

Sertac K wrote:

Hello Everyone

I need to improve my profile's visibilty. Also, I tried to be very clear and simple while constructing my profile. Can anyone check my profile and tell me what is/are wrong with my profile? What should I do for a better profile?

Forget about improving your profile's visibility. You need a better profile that will attract potential clients. A bulleted list will not do. If I was a client I would want to know how you would solve my problem. Why should I choose you over the others who can do the same work? What can you say about your experience and offer that will make you stand out? 

Thank you so much. The first thing now will change my profile. I think I get what you mean

can anyone review my profile?

Why i am not able to get client?

please suggest any changes if you feel

Hi,Shalini,

Hope you are doing well. I have reviewed your profile. Your profile looks good but not so much attractive. Please update your description like the top rated and rising star seller in your sector. Keep in mind that, you can not copy the full description like them. You can only take inspiration. You may update your portfolio section. Also, you can take testimonials from your previous clients. For more details, you can read the Upwork blog and see their videos.

In a word, your profile should look attractive to get clients.

Secondly, after preparing your profile, you can find out the best job matches your skill. Then you will write an attractive cover letter and send the best proposal to the client. If the client like your proposal, he/she might contact you.

Finally, I will say, keep patience and keep practising. You will succeed one day.

Thank you.

annedaclan
Community Member

Hello,

I am new to Upwork. I just signed up as a freelancer. I am not sure of the visibility of my profile in public right now, as I am still waiting for the approval. Will you provide feedback so I can improve?

Best Regards,

Ana

Ana C wrote:

Hello,

I am new to Upwork. I just signed up as a freelancer. I am not sure of the visibility of my profile in public right now, as I am still waiting for the approval. Will you provide feedback so I can improve?

Best Regards,

Ana

Good picture, but I expect a better worded overview from a native English writer. Don't start so many sentences the same, give it more structure, polish it until it dazzles. Add portfolio examples of your work, that is absolutely essential to have. 

Thank you so much, Martina, I will take your recommendations to improve.

Best Regards,

Ana

lisakohl
Community Member

I'd love some feedback. I've been on here about a year with very few hits. Thanks!

Hi Lisa,

Instead of listing your capabilities and programs you use, try an opening paragraph. How many years of experience do you have? Why should a client hire you than others in your field who are Top Rated? The first 2 sentences are what a client sees in a search so make sure they stand out. 

Do a search for other freelancers with similar skillset and compare. If you were a client, would you be interested in your profile or theirs?

cristina_roca
Community Member

Hi there, I am new here in Upwork and looking for my first client. Can you please give me some tips on how can I make my profile looks more professional and how to make a winning proposal. Thank you in advance 

Here's my Upwork link: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~014be6c07667aa3f97?viewMode=1

Hi Maria Cristina,

I recommend checking out the Freelancing Resources board where you can find a lot of articles about writing proposals and how to enhance your profile.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
techieshalini
Community Member

Please review my profile. 

Shalini S wrote:

Please review my profile. 

Hi Shalini,

I would focus on what you do best. Are their enough jobs in that skillset you can do well? There are also a ton of admins/virtual assistants. Why should a client choose you? What do you bring to the table that other more experienced, Top Rated freelancers do not?

You can always create specialized profiles for other skills and when you come across job that aligns with those skills, use that profile in your submission. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths