🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582

Hello Community, I would like someone with experience to take a quick look into my profile since I’m new to this platform and I have applied to a couple of jobs but haven’t received any contact, a figured maybe my profile is missing something or is not that attractive for the clients, if someone can advise or give me a feedback would be great.

Anthony B wrote:

Hello Community, I would like someone with experience to take a quick look into my profile since I’m new to this platform and I have applied to a couple of jobs but haven’t received any contact, a figured maybe my profile is missing something or is not that attractive for the clients, if someone can advise or give me a feedback would be great.

Anthony, I am not a huge fan of talking about yourself overly much but instead trying to find a way to focus on a clients problems.  It is also unclear to me what you are aiming to do for a client.

Take some problem that you think a client is likely to have and then explain how you would solve it. If you were allowed to talk to a client for 30 seconds to convince them to give you a project, what would you say?  How would you convey that you are good at what you do and hint at being better than anyone else.

Thanks for your feedback, you really pointed me in the right direction.

Naveen G wrote:

Would it be possible to review my profile?

First off, I think you have a rate problem, it is way too low for what you are doing and where you live (I'm assuming, never been to Sweden).

I think you want to rethink your whole approach here.  This is not a resume cover letter, this is a moment for you to sell what you do to a client. My personal opinion is that I don't expect clients to care much about me (initially) and really they have a problem and they want to find someone, anyone who can solve it.  So that is my mindframe and with it I look at your profile and all I see is you talking about yourself.

The way I believe a profile should be framed is to answer the clients problems quickly and succinctly.  If a client is looking at you what kind of problems are they coming with that you know how to solve.  Now, write something compelling about that problem that indicates you both know how to solve it and are going to be able to do it better than anyone else.

Looking at it again, I realize you don't have a lot of experience but you still need to find a way to frame to a client why they should pick you to solve their problems instead of just blah'ing out your credentials.

ayesha_sardar_k
Community Member

Hello community
Can you please give an overview to my profile and suggest me the possible add ups to attract freelancers.
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01df0dcaacac308062

Here's a link to my profile..
Thanks

Ayesha Sardar K wrote:
Hello community
Can you please give an overview to my profile and suggest me the possible add ups to attract freelancers.

Here's a link to my profile..
Thanks

Ayesha, your profile is set to private.

I have tried to set it to public, but it may take 3 business days to
happen.

Ayesha Sardar K wrote:
I have tried to set it to public, but it may take 3 business days to
happen.

Well post it again when it's available and someone will hopefully get to it!

Hello, Everyone!

Joined UpWork about 5 weeks back and I've been fairing well enough. But I'd like to know if there are adjustment or improvements I can make to my profile.

Thank you.

Hi experienced freelancers!
You guys doing great job 🙌
Kindly help me out regarding my profile that How can I improve it and what are the pitfalls of my profile.
Here's the link...

Thanks in anticipation😊
henrymichele
Community Member

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your post! 

I would LOVE to have my profile reviewed and receive feedback. That would be awesome! I really need it.

What information do you need from me, if any?

Thank you so much for offering that great service!

Michele

Michele, you indeed have a smooth, professional and soothing voice. The portfolio is excellent. Here are few suggestions:

1. A quick Upwork search indicates that most other artists use "voiceover" as one word and so do many clients. Consider using "voiceover" in your title as it might match better with job descriptions. Also, look at skills list to see if those words match with job descriptions.  

2. You have earned $200 but have no work history. That seems unusual. Consider reaching out to Upwork to get that fixed. If you earned $200, client feedback needs to be visible.

3. Lastly, consider getting some testimonials from your previous clients. 

Good luck, I have no doubt that you are going to rock at this freelancing career.  

Thank you for your quick and encouraging feedback! I really needed it.
Feeling a little discouraged at the moment.

The $200 is recent...like in the past week. (Waiting for payment to become
available.) When you say reach out to Upwork, what do you mean? Do you mean
submit more proposals on Upwork?

To get testimonials, do past clients have to get to the Upwork website and
write them there or can I use statements that have been made on LinkedIn
and other platforms?

Thanks SOOO much! I feel a little better.

Michele

Hi Michele,

I checked and it looks like your job is showing in your profile as Work In Progress. Please know that some jobs may not show in the Work History while logged out if they were posted as private or Upwork users only.

You can request a testimonial from your clients outside of Upwork by going to your profile, clicking "Request a testimonial" in the Testimonials section, and filling out the form. Your clients will get an email with instructions for submitting your success story.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks.

One last question, hopefully: If it's possible to expound...what do you
mean by "some jobs may not show in the Work History *(while logged out if
they were posted as private or Upwork users only.")*

Rightly or wrongly, I did request feedback a day ago (not asking for
positive feedback -- just feedback in order to gain traction on Upwork.)"
No response yet although earlier she had written that my work was "So
great!"

Thanks for the clarification.

Michele

Michele H wrote:
Thanks.

One last question, hopefully: If it's possible to expound...what do you
mean by "some jobs may not show in the Work History *(while logged out if
they were posted as private or Upwork users only.")*

Rightly or wrongly, I did request feedback a day ago (not asking for
positive feedback -- just feedback in order to gain traction on Upwork.)"
No response yet although earlier she had written that my work was "So
great!"

Thanks for the clarification.

Michele

In order to get or give feedback, a contract has to be ended. It's always better to have the client do that, so he has to leave feedback (and you are able to give yours), so that you don't end up with a bunch or jobs in progress or no feedback jobs. So you need to ask your client not for feedback, but to end the job at this point. A freelancer can also end jobs, but that should be only done if the client is MIA for months. 

If the contract was private (a setting the client can chose), it will not show up on your work history for somebody from the outside. 

Your profile looks really good and very professional. You might consider taking out the years in the education section, it's really nobody's business 😉

saqlain766
Community Member

Can anyone here check my profile and give suggestion for any improvement for the conversion.

Below link of my profile 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0139da1e99f624219d?viewMode=1

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0139da1e99f624219d?viewMode=1&s=1017484851352698991

ahmedyarabbbasi
Community Member

Can anyone review my profile and give me feedback? Thanks in advance 🙂

059ddc88
Community Member

Would love some constructive criticism. My niche is Data Entry and MS Excel.
My profile link:
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01650eb5f77e581a7c
Thanks in advance.

Mudassir K wrote:
Would love some constructive criticism. My niche is Data Entry and MS Excel Exper.
Thanks in advance.

Your keyboard might not be set to the right language, or something else is going wrong. Fix that first. 

Sorry about that.

Hi,

I've been on Upwork for about five months but from the last month have been continuously trying to improve my profile. I'd appreciate some constructive criticism on my Profile.

Thanks

barrio-daniel
Community Member

Hi!! Can I get a review of my profile please?? Thanks!

Daniel, that's a great start. Your general profile reads well. I have no further suggestions. (However, check back here as other experienced folks may have some suggestions). I believe, the specialized profile could be done differently.

1. Consider having the "overview" section before the "portfoli"o section. Check the words in the skills list. It should allow you ten words. I see fewer words listed.   

2. Consider having unique portfolio items under each specialized profile. At present, same eight items are repeated in each profile.  

3. Lastly, create some pre-packaged projects to indicate your interest/expertise to a potential client. 

Good luck, I'm sure many clients will benefit from your services on this platform.

Can you review my profile, please? Thanks

je_s_sika
Community Member

Hi , I'm a young artist and new here . Can you tell me if my profile looks good ?

Polina B wrote:

Hi , I'm a young artist and new here . Can you tell me if my profile looks good ?

Too short, too many mistakes. If you want to offer skills that require precision, I expect your profile to be precise. Personally, the punctuation errors are a huge turn-off, that's just sloppy, you need to demonstrate that you are aware of spelling rules when you want to do corporate identity stuff. 

Spend some time on it! I want to feel that you diligently worked on your profile, polishing it until it dazzles. Right now I don't feel it. 

Hi, I take a short review of your profile. Add values and briefly explain to your customer what you offer. Clear discription and add use 3-4 time skill related tags in discription.
Regards,

Mohsin
dantheman01
Community Member

Hi 

I am new to upwork and wondering any feedback on my profile would be great, I was thinking of doing video editing or video content creation. 

abda3d30
Community Member

Hello everyone.

Please suggest improvements to my profile.

Thank you.

abd-mamun
Community Member

Hello

I've been working on Upwork for long time. since 2016 I am woring regularly as a top rated freelancer and now I am a top rated plus upwork freelancer. But last few moths I have not getting hired by any client. I have got some actions like close my agency associated with my profile and change my titile etc. But still I don't response by any clients.  

My profile discover rate also 0  (Your profile was discovered 0 times last week. (Almost the same as previous week)

I want you please help my by reviewing my profile and let me know if you got any issue here in my profile. 

Best Regards

Abd Mamun

8ab67031
Community Member

Yes please! 

Hi,
I think you change skill tags and profile niche. If so kindly take look 8-10 freelancer profile related to your skill. Read their profile discription and skill tags. Then write a eyes catches content.
Thanks
Regards,
Mohsin

I am Masum. I am a professional Graphics Designer and Digital Marketer. Previous I am a long time working on Fiverr. But, I don't know what's the problem of the Upwork platform with me. Why I do not succeed in Upwork. I am always sending proposals. and always active on online. But why no one hires me? but why? please need your suggestion. thanks

sheteen3838
Community Member

Just signed on today, so I would very much appreciate any honest feedback.

I am disappointed that the list of categories does not even come close to a life coah or any mental health worker. I listed customer service but that is so incorrect. Hmm...

Thanks,
Shereen

Shereen Rubenstein
bess_results
Community Member

Hi,

I would appreciate some feedback on my profile.

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~01fe8e41d7ffb6d5d6/

Thank you,

Kareema, impressive resume and excellent start. 

1. Consider detailing more specifics to the "insurance expert" profile. Also, check for typos in all three profiles. 

2. Consider adding a portfolio (maybe for data visualization or other skills) and create pre-packaged products. 

3. Consider including a video. The more confident and solution-oriented you sound, the more likely you may get hired. 

Good luck, you have potential to become 'Top Rated', that too pretty soon. 

57687a66
Community Member

I am also new on upwork , please review my profile

heathersparks
Community Member

Hi,

I would truly appreciate some insight.

Thank you,

Heather

Heather S wrote:

Hi,

I would truly appreciate some insight.

Thank you,

Heather

It's good, maybe you could add more portfolio pieces, and put more focus on what you offer to a client. A list with bullet points always looks good and gives structure to your text. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths