🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582

I can't seem to put voice over examples in my profile. Any advice ?

Heather S wrote:
I can't seem to put voice over examples in my profile. Any advice ?

You could do a video and put it into the video section. 

Hi Heather,

You have a couple of options. Both require you to convert the audio to video. You can use many free programs to create a video with a static image and then add your voice over demo as the audio. Then you can upload this video to YouTube. Then you can add the video as a profile overview video, add the video to your portfolio, or both. I suggest both.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Mike

Cheers,
Mike
ayesha_sardar_k
Community Member

Hey Mike!
If you can please review my profile and give your valuable suggestions .

Thanks
https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01df0dcaacac308062

Hi everyone,

can someone check my profile and give me some advice?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Zlatan

aditipie
Community Member

Zlatan, your profile is private. You'd need to make it public or provide a link. 

Hello, fellow Upworkers, 

I am new to Upwork.

Could I request experienced Upworkers to share their valuable suggestions on my profile as I am unable to get projects after sending regular proposals to  the clients. 

Thanks in advance.

ihsanerdem
Community Member

Hi, 

I have joined UpWork while ago but I just decided to go as a freelancer and started using seriously. I would like to get profile feedback and some tips to get use UpWork more efficient way.

Thank you.

Best,

Ihsan 

Ihsan E wrote:

Hi, 

I have joined UpWork while ago but I just decided to go as a freelancer and started using seriously. I would like to get profile feedback and some tips to get use UpWork more efficient way.

Thank you.

Best,

Ihsan 

Clients might find it confusing that you attended 2 universities on 2 different continents at the same time, maybe there is a mistake there? Do you have more prior work for your portfolio section? Maybe expand a little more what problems specifically you will solve for your client, and why you are the best person for the job. 

vatsk
Community Member

What a wonderful community! I am new where and would love some constructive feedback on my profile.

Vatsala K wrote:
What a wonderful community! I am new where and would love some constructive feedback on my profile.

Forget everything you ever learned about writing a resume. It's fine to talk about your experience, but the same old resume word salad has no place here, IMO. 

Think client perspective. What need does he have that you are the best person to solve? How will you make his life better? Be concrete, clear and concise. You could use your skills-list and transform it into a "how I solve your problem" list. 

On the plus side: good picture and credible appearance. Do you have any prior work that you could put into the portfolio section?

Your hourly rate is ambitious, but hey, why not, if it works for you. 

I echo everything Martina said.

One quick note about your hourly rate - Align your hourly rate and pre-packaged products. Wouldn't the tasks mentioned in pre-packaged product take you an hour at least? I am unclear about pre-packaged product. 

Upwork has several webinars and resources under Freelancer resources section (under the drop down menu on the top). You might find some ideas about hourly rate/bidding.    

vatsk
Community Member

Good point Aditi. Even though I am new to Upwork I have been consulting for a few years now. I rarely work hourly. Most of my projects are anywhere between 3 months-a year, as a result, I always bill by milestones. My consulting rate for advisory projects is much higher than say a 6-month long implementation. But I agree, this is a different platform and I should find a way to be more consistent in my fees. I will think through this and also look over the resources you shared. Thank you!

Martina, thank you for your feedback. It makes a lot of sense. I agree, I think I need to update the profile with a more customer-centric description. I generally include my process in the cover letters but it should also be reflected in my profile. Thank you!

alber_elias
Community Member

Hello!

I recently became a member of the Upwork community, and would therefore kindly ask about getting my Profile checked. I´m pretty new to this kind of work opportunity so I would be more than grateful to get some help for  the start. 

Kind regards,

Elias A.

Elias A wrote:

Hello!

I recently became a member of the Upwork community, and would therefore kindly ask about getting my Profile checked. I´m pretty new to this kind of work opportunity so I would be more than grateful to get some help for  the start. 

Kind regards,

Elias A.

I can only see your pic as your profile is set to private. Change it, it's not professional.

ferido07
Community Member

Hi 

I'm new to Upwork. A quick glance and feedback would really mean a lot. Can anyone help me out, please?

8ab67031
Community Member

Hi, sorry for the double post. I didn't make myself clear in the last one. Could somebody please offer some thoughts on my profile? Thank you so much for your help!

Hi everyone!

I would appreciate any feedback for my profile.

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards,

Dimos

ddperez
Community Member

Hello everyone!

I would like to get a review of my profile.

Could you guys please tell me what should I change? 

I know that I probably have some writing mistakes, but I am trying to improve it.

Thank you so much. 🙂 

laura-lomas
Community Member

Hi I would like feedback please thank you!

Laura L wrote:
Hi I would like feedback please thank you!

Your text needs structure, it is really hard to read. Even more important since you have a VERY varied background. Think long and hard about what you want to include in your overview, and what not, as you want to present a cohesive picture.

NEVER offer to provide work samples at request - that's what your portfolio section is for, and not filling it in just comes across as lazy or desinterested. If I were a client, this would turn me off big time. 

Thank you for your feedback. I’ve made some changes to my profile if you’ve time for another look.

Laura L wrote:
Thank you for your feedback. I’ve made some changes to my profile if you’ve time for another look.

It's better, now think about your title. Your title should tell me exactly what service(s) you provide - yours is too vague at the moment. 

Have you researched other profiles of freelancers offering the same skills? Find some that you like and learn from them (not copy of course). 

Thank you again for your time. I made adjustments to the titled and paid more attention to my phrasing and descriptive material. One last thing is, I would like to add a writing sample. I could put it in my profile ( actually maybe not, since there may be a word limit). Would you say a screenshot of my file might be okay?
enessimsek
Community Member

Hi. I am new here. Could you also check my profile ? I don't know how things goes around here. How can I reach good customers quickly ?

Thank You

sheteen3838
Community Member

New to Upwork  and would appreciate any honest feedback on my profile as a Life and Relationship Coach.

Thanks so much,
Shereen

Shereen Rubenstein

Shereen R wrote:

New to Upwork  and would appreciate any honest feedback on my profile as a Life and Relationship Coach.

Thanks so much,
Shereen

It's very good!

afifh
Community Member

Hello everyone,

So I made my first 100$ on Upwork and I am very happy about it but for some reason, I am not getting any job now it's almost 7 days that I am not engaged in a job.

I have got a 5-star review in every single job that I have done.

Can you please check my profile if it has any problem.

aditipie
Community Member

Afif, good start! Here are few suggestions

1. I'd encourage you to create a specialized profile for video editing

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013750068-Create-a-Specialized-Profile

This will allow you to use more keywords/ words in skillslist

2. Consider writing about impact your work has made in the overview section itself e.g. The videos that I edited were viewed on YouTube XYZ times. Provide more information about services you offer rather than work ethic/philosophy. 

3. Consider adding two or three prepackaged projects.

Good luck, patience pays. I'm sure you will get many clients on this platform. 

Afif H wrote:

Hello everyone,

So I made my first 100$ on Upwork and I am very happy about it but for some reason, I am not getting any job now it's almost 7 days that I am not engaged in a job.

I have got a 5-star review in every single job that I have done.

Can you please check my profile if it has any problem.

I don't see any problem with your profile. You probably should not expect work to be consistent on a freelancing platform. 

rehan-0
Community Member

Hi,

I need help. I want to become a successful content writer. Please guide me from where can I get more training in writing and how can I get started on Upwork? I am going through a hard time in life and I need support. Thanks

Rehan Abbas

kateshoshia
Community Member

Hello, 

I am interested to ask:

1. first months I had a job offer at least once in a week, and now I don't have any, and I can't win the proposals, what can be the reason for this? 

2. Could someone review my profile, how can I improve it? 

Thanks a lot

dariobenkovic
Community Member

Hello,

I have just recently started using Upwork and have made a few proposals but didn’t get any work yet.

I am interested in seeing if I could improve my profile in any way.

Thanks

Dario B wrote:

Hello,

I have just recently started using Upwork and have made a few proposals but didn’t get any work yet.

I am interested in seeing if I could improve my profile in any way.

Thanks

Your profile looks good, add many more portfolio pieces of prior work. Your clients will want to see prior examples before hiring you, the more, the better. 

ashley_vandall
Community Member

Hello Mike! 

I made my profile a few months ago, but I was too intimidated to do much with it at the time. I've recently returned to Upwork and I tweaked my profile, although I am still not sure if it is up to par. 

If someone could give me feedback, that would be great! Thank you. 

outstandit
Community Member

Yes

maryagirl90
Community Member

Howdy, 
I am new to UpWork, I would sincerely appreciate your feedback on my profile. 

Thanks in advance.

-Maryquin

83110b05
Community Member

Hi guys.. I would really appreaciate feedback from you on my profile .

sanshahid
Community Member

Hi, can you review my profile and give me a few tips
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths