🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582
clippingfiximage
Community Member

Thanks for your advice

efrizal
Community Member

Hi, I'm new in Upwork. Please review my profile. One of the employer messages me before but I'm failed the test. Any suggestion?

Yudi E wrote:
Hi, I'm new in Upwork. Please review my profile. One of the employer messages me before but I'm failed the test. Any suggestion?

What kind of certification? Include this in your overview, or your portfolio. 

Ohh I see. Thank you
monya_estilo
Community Member

Hello, 

I would love this 🙂

271d8bf1
Community Member

Dear sir. can you check my profile and give me some tips?

atulshandilya78
Community Member

hi

can some one review my profile?i have been member sinnce 1 year .i din't get a job despite sebmitted so many proposals.i wish to know that what is wrong with my profile?

shaheer31
Community Member

Would appreciate this

harmeet89
Community Member

Can you please check my profile and provide your valuable feedback.

Regards

Harmeet

2bcd7180
Community Member

creativey
Community Member

Hello! Dear colleagues! Can you please check my profile and feedback on it? I'm a successful seller in Fiverr but not getting success in Upwork. let me know how can I improve it. 

Shailesh, I'd suggest - for title, use a more generic term e.g. software engineer or developer for the general profile and then special profiles can have those specific titles. Next, change your availablity to less than or more than 20 hours. This gives client a good understanding of your availability. Lastly, check for typos and repetitiveness. Hope this helps. 

I've changed my titles! can you please take look at it?
alvirafay
Community Member

Hi, I would love to have my profile checked. I think I've done everything correctly, but a professional's opinion is surely gonna be beneficial and boost up my confidence! 😄

Thank you in advance.

estelle3
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I'm new on Upwork. Started succesfully but now I don't even get any responses. Some constructive feedback would be appreciated.

Tks

Estelle

guarinmilky
Community Member

Hi,

Need help also on building a profile. Can you also please check on my profile.

Thanks!

792a5534
Community Member

Huzaifa, with all my respect. Could you check my profile and provide me with feedback. I will appreciate it! Thank you!

asgerli_ibrahim
Community Member

It would be amazing to get such a help!

heather_lusk
Community Member

I would sincerely appreciate feedback as well - thank you!
I'm most concerned with my lack of work samples. I'm unable to link to my blog, Facebook or Instagram pages. Because the bulk of my writing work is online only available via links (no PDFs available) even something like Clippings.me would be better than the options currently available through Upwork. 

Heather L wrote:

I would sincerely appreciate feedback as well - thank you!
I'm most concerned with my lack of work samples. I'm unable to link to my blog, Facebook or Instagram pages. Because the bulk of my writing work is online only available via links (no PDFs available) even something like Clippings.me would be better than the options currently available through Upwork. 

Couldn't you copy your articles and posts into a programme like Word and create pdfs from that? 

demetrak
Community Member

Hi, 

I got my first project in upwork last year. It was a very difficult time, as I had just lost my mother. I had some issues with my laptop and lost communication with the client, so I got a bad feedback. It was totally my fault, I admit it. The problem is that since then it has been impossible to get any new project. I believe this is because of this bad review. I am thinking about closing my upwork account, but things now with covid have gone really hard and I need to get online projects. It is really disappointing, any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you 

sm-parvez
Community Member

Hello, everyone.

Hope you all are doing all. I am new to Upwork. Can someone please check my profile and tell me about the mistakes I have made? Please let me know if I need to change anything.

Thank you in advance.

SM P wrote:

Hello, everyone.

Hope you all are doing all. I am new to Upwork. Can someone please check my profile and tell me about the mistakes I have made? Please let me know if I need to change anything.

Thank you in advance.

Your hourly rate is too high for a new freelancer in the data entry category; there's virtually no chance that a client will hire you at this rate. (There are many, many data entry freelancers on Upwork - who have great reviews and years of experience - who charge $3-5/hour, and nothing in your profile suggests that you can do a better job than they can.) And if you're going try to offer graphic design services, you will need to have an impressive portfolio of your work as well as at least a few years of real-world experience and/or formal training; if you don't, then it would be best not to say that you provide these services, because this is a highly competitive category as well. Focus only on the services that you do best, and find a way to stand out from your competitors.

Dear Christine, Thank you very much for the feedback and I really appreciate it. I'll fix all these problems immediately.

Thank you again for viewing my profile.

b090659e
Community Member

Good evening,

I am a new member and I completed my profile. My I get some feed back on my profile?  

Thank you 

Antoinette

Antoinette R wrote:

Good evening,

I am a new member and I completed my profile. My I get some feed back on my profile?  

Thank you 

Antoinette

Research other freelancers offering the same skill-set. There a tons of VAs on this site. Your rate is too high, you will probably not find a client willing to pay that. 

Thank you for your feedback. I truly appreciate it.
b0d86fe5
Community Member

I would love to have your reviews on my profile too 🙂

nicholasnhau
Community Member

Hello everyone, I'd appreciate a review to my profile. Thank you.
792a5534
Community Member

I'm new to upwork i just wanted to say Hello to everyone

and please take a look at my profile and tell me i'm going right or not 

Regards

Huzaifa 

Muhammad H wrote:

I'm new to upwork i just wanted to say Hello to everyone

and please take a look at my profile and tell me i'm going right or not 

Regards

Huzaifa 

Clients see only the first 2 lines of your profile before they click for more. You are wasting valuable space with a second profile title (completely unneccessary) and empty lines.

vatsk
Community Member

Hi, I've recently updated my profile. I'd love some feedback on improving it...thanks in advance!

thomasjoy19
Community Member

Hi Mike,
My name is Thomas Joy and I have joined Upwork early 2020. But I couldn't win jobs after submitting lot of proposals. I have made a lot of changes to my profile. Please review it once and give your valuable feedback.
kiran_md
Community Member

helloo

I am new to upwork

I didn't got any jobs can you please help me finding one

Kiran M wrote:

helloo

I am new to upwork

I didn't got any jobs can you please help me finding one

Your title says data entry, your description suggests content writing. That is confusing. 

bjorn-danielsson
Community Member

Hi!

Nice to meet you.

This sounds very good!

Thanks.

I just got my first job on Upwork. 5 Stars. Happy 🙂 

Regards

Björn

31884d50
Community Member

Hi everyone,

my name is Julian and right now, I was wondering if I could get feedback on my profile as I look for projects in data analytics. Anything would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Julian, that's a great start. The portfolio is nicely put together. Here are couple suggestions:

1. Overview section needs some more details and you can get some ideas in this link. https://www.upwork.com/hiring/for-freelancers/enhance-your-profile-for-greater-success/

2. General profile and specialized profiles need to be distinct. At present, they have more or less same text. 

3. Add skillslist keywords for the data analyst profile. 

Hope this helps. Good luck. 

dc9f6607
Community Member

Hi,

I am new to Upwork (working as a Social Media Marketer and manager ). Dear Experts plz review my profile and give me your feedback. It will be helpful to me.

Thank you.

Could you help me with the cover letter i have some problems with it?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths