🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: How to get job interviews and more work o...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582
6cd5fba5
Community Member

I cant get job here
jespervega
Community Member

Hello people!

I just got started and set up my Upwork profile and I would love some feedback. Thanks a bunch! 🙂

/Jesper

Jesper V wrote:

Hello people!

I just got started and set up my Upwork profile and I would love some feedback. Thanks a bunch! 🙂

/Jesper

Good, friendly picture! Maybe change your title to digital product designer, though I still wouldn't have any idea what it is that you do. But I don't have to, as I'm not looking for one of those.

You could expand a little more on what exact services you provide, and a little less about yourself. You want a client to read the whole thing. 

Your rate is ambitious, but if you can get it, why not. 

youssefle
Community Member

Hello, I would like to hear some remarks from you on my profile ?

Thanks for your comments.

Hi, I have done my first job about two weeks ago, after date till up to now, I have submitted 20 proposals, but didn't receive any response, can you please help me in this regard, 

what's the issue with my profile.

Hi Mike!

i will be delighted if you help me in developing great profile that will win projects from me

Khadija L wrote:

Hi Mike!

i will be delighted if you help me in developing great profile that will win projects from me

Hi Khadija, the biggest problems with your profile right now are the numerous grammatical mistakes in the body and the spelling errors in your headline. For a writer, especially someone with an academic background, so many errors like this do not instill confidence in potential clients. It might be good to have someone with better English grammar skills proof your profile for you. 

Hi, 
I am new to Upwork almost send 30 proposals but did not get any responses. I know i will make some mistakes or my profile is not attractive enough. 

Please community looking forward to constructive improvement.

Please suggest to me what to do?Smiley Sad

jfa3913
Community Member

Hi! I would like a review on my profile. I'm new to using Upwork and I'm hoping to build up my freelance profile. I've submitted several propsals but have yet to hear anything back. I'm hoping to get some feedback on how to better my chances with landing jobs on here. Look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Here is the link to my profile https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~01e9e7357b841b13b5/

James A wrote:

Hi! I would like a review on my profile. I'm new to using Upwork and I'm hoping to build up my freelance profile. I've submitted several propsals but have yet to hear anything back. I'm hoping to get some feedback on how to better my chances with landing jobs on here. Look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Here is the link to my profile https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~01e9e7357b841b13b5/

Hello fellow New Yorker,

As a client, I don't care where you are working right now. I want to know if you can do the job. How many years experience do you have? Do you have testimonials? 

Those first 2 lines in a profile are critical. They are what a client sees when conducting a search. So make sure they stand out. 

Likewise, your proposals should stand out. Don't be another video editor hoping to land a gig. Be THE video editor this client must have to finalize his project!

Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

d95df72c
Community Member

I would love some feedback on my profile. 

Thank you!

Hi Haiat. It looks nice, credible and straight forward. If I was hiring, though, I'd be looking for a bit more personal flavor and maybe some specific writing samples. 

Haiat I wrote:

I would love some feedback on my profile. 

Thank you!

It looks good, but you need a portfolio. Put some prior work that you have permission to or are the owner of into your portfolio section, with some nice eye-candy thumbnail on it. You want to grab attention. 

askslidev
Community Member

Please review my profile.
askslidev
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community,

I am pretty new to this platform and started freelancing from last couple of months. I have completed 12 jobs till now and 1 is in progress.

Though my conversion rate is very low, I have applied more than 290 jobs and got interviewed by max 15-18 client and hired by 13 till now.

Can someone plz review my profile and advice me on how to get more work on UpWork? And also how do I get job invitations (no luck yet).

Thanks,
Arnab

Arnab wrote:
Hello Upwork Community,

I am pretty new to this platform and started freelancing from last couple of months. I have completed 12 jobs till now and 1 is in progress.

Though my conversion rate is very low, I have applied more than 290 jobs and got interviewed by max 15-18 client and hired by 13 till now.

Can someone plz review my profile and advice me on how to get more work on UpWork? And also how do I get job invitations (no luck yet).

Thanks,
Arnab

I like the start, but I'm not too sure about the Q&A. Not saying I don't like it, really not sure. Lose the McKinsey references, they just look weird. They don't help you, rather make a client ask himself why you left them to become a freelancer (does not make sense.)

I see you put in some time to refine your profile, so that's good. Maybe it's too long, though. Could you maybe be more concise? 

Hello every one,

It's been a long I haven't received any order.

Can you please see my profile and guide me accordingly.  

Regards,

Amna.

64d05267
Community Member

Hi, My name is Luisa. I'm a mexican graphic designer. Would like to get reviews.

Thank you

Great start, Luisa. Your profile reads well but is quite short. It does not offer a comprehensive view of services you offer. Here are a few suggestions:

1. https://www.upwork.com/resources/9-tips-create-freelancer-profile-stands-out Consider reading this article, including each individual link and making changes accordingly. 

2. Consider adding more items i.e. more variety to your portfolio. 

3. Lastly, consider asking testimonials to your previous employers/clients. Since you do not yet have work history on Upwork, a potential client has no way to gauge the experience of working with you. Testimonials can help. 

Good luck, I'm sure you will get your first client soon!

khadija-liaquat_
Community Member

please review my profile and give me valuable feed back 

83a45ffd
Community Member

Good Day 

I would be glad to hear from you about my profile. 

Regards

azmain_fieque
Community Member

Hi there,

I can't get 100% completed profile. How to get it? Though I haven't any work history?

Hi Azmain,

There are many ways to get to 100%, but some items are required. To reach 60% you’ll need a photo, title, overview, at least one employment history item, and at least one skill tag. Any combination of the other choices can then be used to reach 100%. Feel free to check out this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ashtin-charles
Community Member

Please and thank you!  Would love to get feedback.

how can i review my orofile

ey_1
Community Member

Hi there. I am interested.

Esinam Y wrote:
Hi there. I am interested.

I like your text, but it's too short to capture a client's attention long enough to get attached to your profile, it could also be interpreted as desinterested or lazy. Not an impression you want to create. Add prior work examples to your portfolio to demonstrate your skills. Great picture. 

7321d689
Community Member

Hi, I'm new to Upwork and to freelancing in general. This is also a slight career change for me. Any feedback with my profile would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, in advance,

Kevin

Hi,

I'm hoping to get my profile reviewed. I appreciate it.

Thanks,

Kevin

26078b5a
Community Member

Just started my profile on last week. tried submitting some proposals, but not having a kick off project yet. anything I am missing. I am very new to this platform.

realgodiva
Community Member

Hello,

could you please review my profile?

thanks!

Natalie, all your clients have given you five stars. Kudos to you!!

You have extensive experience and it might help to focus on a potential client. E.g. "I am a native Russian speaker and a Ru↔En translator with over 7 years of translation experience and strong business acumen." can be also written as "Do you need an expert Ru↔En translator ? Someone who has extensive experience in translating business documents?". You can review how other high earners in your field have written their profiles before you write your own. 

Also, consider switching your availability to hours per week.  

Good luck for your next contract. 

sacalarumut
Community Member

Hello, 

I am a new freelancer but I could not take any jobs yet, would you give me a review about my profile, please?

Thanks.

bravono
Community Member

I need help

Hi Ahbideen,

Could you please share more information about your concern so we can check this for you? If it involves sharing any private information, please feel free to send me a PM by clicking on my name. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
jacksonharvin
Community Member

I'd love to get some help!

Jackson, that's a good start. Some suggestions:

1) https://www.upwork.com/resources/9-tips-create-freelancer-profile-stands-out Consider reading this article, including each individual link and making changes accordingly. Several areas of your profile need work, in particular the title. Marketing coordinator does not seem to be a popular term in your field, is it? I have noticed other freelancers using 'marketing expert', 'marketing strategist', 'marketing consultant'. Does any of that apply/appeal to you?   

2) Consider adding a portfolio or testimonials. Since you do not have prior work history on Upwork, a portfolio or testimonials will help potential clients make a favorable decision.

3) Lastly, consider making a video. 

Good luck, hope you get your first client soon.

ygreq
Community Member

Hey there! My name is Yassen and I'm a London-based commercial photographer. I've just graduated my degree and am looking to develop freelance photography as my main source of income and haven't had as much success on Upwork as I would have hoped, despite my high qualifications and diverse portfolio. I'd love to get some advice on lead generation and on my profile! Thanks!

ygreq
Community Member

Bump 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths