🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Getting Client hard..?
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582
2662427e
Community Member

I'd appreciate a review of my profile, thanks: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Chuck S wrote:

I'd appreciate a review of my profile, thanks: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

It looks really good! I personally would like to see a more professional picture, but hey, quirky might just work. Your rates are ambitious, especially for website development. I have no idea about the security stuff, definitely sounds as if one could charge more (than for website development). Research your competition and see what they charge as an hourly rate, to get an idea what a client might see when receiving proposals. 

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

lsarchitect
Community Member

Hello

I'm a little coffused with what is happening here...2 weeks after I started my work in Upwork, I got 3 orders at the same time, I finished them in a good way and recived 5 star feedback, but after that I kept submiting proposals for 3 weeks every day,but no aswer!

I really don't understand what the problem is... if my proposals or my profile don't look professional to clients, why at the beggining, without any feedback I recived 6 answers from 19 submited proposals and now after applying for more than 25 jobs, there is no answer?

Hi Leila,

Every beginning can be difficult and everyone, including new freelancers, are experiencing highs and lows, but you shouldn't lose hope. You may want to consider checking out this Community board as it has many great articles to help you boost your career on Upwork -  and this thread to help you get started. Feel free to follow up if you have further questions.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you Nikolas.... Actually I have studied all these articles and in my idea I'm using their advices for all my proposals... Is there any possibility to find an expert here to check out my profile and find the problem?

Hi Leila,

Thank you for following up. I moved your posts here so that more experienced freelancer can review your profile and share their experiences with you. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you for following up

laws-omay
Community Member

Pls, I am a rising talent, I have been on this job for three months with out a job. Can you help me with a testimonial, most of clients who send me mails ask me for it

Hi Laws,

If you're referring to requesting a testimonial from a client you have outside Upwork, you can do this by going to Find Work > My Profile and scroll down to find it. It should look like this.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Laws O wrote:
Pls, I am a rising talent, I have been on this job for three months with out a job. Can you help me with a testimonial, most of clients who send me mails ask me for it

How can clients send you emails? You are not allowed to give out your contact information before hire. 

So to get this right - who is asking for testimonials? Potential clients? How and why?

Anyways, if you want work as a writer, your profile must be flawless without spelling and punctuation errors, of which you have many. 

Hi to everyone,

I hope that this is the correct forum section.

I am a pretty senior software developer (about 10 years of work experience gained in different context, including international environment) and I have previous experience working as freelance.

I opened my Upwork account some days ago to find new customer for me and for my company (I opened a company with some business partners and we have a development team) but no one contact me (it seems to me pretty strange because I can see a lot of work request here, in the past I used Upwork to hire freelance involved in some project for my company). I also tried to apply to some job proposal but nothing.

Why? What is wrong in my approach? I suspect that, since my profile is new, maybe my daily rate was too high for a freelance new on this platform...so I am trying to strongly lower my daily rate in order to find some works and obtain some review from customers and then increate it again bringing it to the standard I typically work at (between 30$ to 45$ per hour).

Can be a good strategy or I am going in a wrong direction? Any advice from the comunity is very welcome. Someone can kindly review my profile? 

Thank you so much

Andrea

Andrea, your profile reads well. This is your individual profile (not company profile), so more focus on your skills and services you offer will be helpful. Consider creating two separate profiles (specialized profile) for two titles. 

Lastly, lowering rates can be a good strategy in these uncertain times, especially when businesses are struggling. But slashing rates to 25% of your actual rate is harsh on yourself. I'd never do that to myself. If I don't respect my time, no one else will. I'd urge you to think of a number where you feel you are helping others without hurting yourself.   

Dear Aditi J,

thank you for my profile review and for your wise advice.

Yes this is my personal profile, then we're going to open a company profile

I take this opportunity to ask you an information: an agency and a company profile are the same thing or are different concepts?

I used the word 'company' because you've used it in your profile :). Upwork platform has agency. We probably should have a moderator respond to 'company' and 'agency'.  

Andrea N wrote:

Hi to everyone,

I hope that this is the correct forum section.

I am a pretty senior software developer (about 10 years of work experience gained in different context, including international environment) and I have previous experience working as freelance.

I opened my Upwork account some days ago to find new customer for me and for my company (I opened a company with some business partners and we have a development team) but no one contact me (it seems to me pretty strange because I can see a lot of work request here, in the past I used Upwork to hire freelance involved in some project for my company). I also tried to apply to some job proposal but nothing.

Why? What is wrong in my approach? I suspect that, since my profile is new, maybe my daily rate was too high for a freelance new on this platform...so I am trying to strongly lower my daily rate in order to find some works and obtain some review from customers and then increate it again bringing it to the standard I typically work at (between 30$ to 45$ per hour).

Can be a good strategy or I am going in a wrong direction? Any advice from the comunity is very welcome. Someone can kindly review my profile? 

Thank you so much

Andrea

You compete with hundreds of thousands of other people, and it's simply unrealistic to expect invites without a good upwork history. Just apply to jobs like everybody else, but before you do that, you MUST have a portfolio demonstrating your skills. Without it, you're wasting your time. 

You are most welcome

uhuns-vic
Community Member

Would really love if an experienced freelancer here can review my profile

Just posted my profile and would love some constructive criticism. Thanks!

Hey, I've finished my profile but it would be really nice from you to tell me what do you think about it ! 

Thanks Smiley Wink 

Julien

Julien A wrote:

Hey, I've finished my profile but it would be really nice from you to tell me what do you think about it ! 

Thanks Smiley Wink 

Julien

Lose all the stuff about what you are going to learn, clients look for professional people who know their skills. I would also lose the references to your personal situation. Next, a professional picture. 

Julien A-

Tried to message you, but not enabled. You've misspelled developer in your headline and employment history.

Vic U wrote:
Would really love if an experienced freelancer here can review my profile

Lose all the stuff about how bad other freelancers are. A client should have a positive feeling when reading your profile, not a negative one. You could much improve your picture. 

Thank you very much Martina
edesa_
Community Member

edesa_
Community Member

Please I need a feedbacks on my profile
yoshithasuresh
Community Member

Hi Mike 

My name is Yo**bleep**ha and I am a Marketig professional, I signed up on Up work almost 6 months back. I had got 2 interviews but both did not convert due to timeline challenge and the client was not sure of the description shared in the job posting.. Since then I have been applying  to jobs I have also upgraded my profile. I have not received any responses.

I am very much willing to make the most of this platform and connect with the community in multiple ways. I would really appreciate quick feedback about my profile, I will be more than willing to connect with your team. 

d_nikovic
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm quiet new on Upwork but have solid professional experience. I have tried my best to create this profile, adding some portfolio and such, so please let me know how it looks like and where I can improve it. I would appreciate your help and comments.

Kind Regards

Danilo

osuolaleemmanuel
Community Member

I am interested in a profile review please and also advise on applying for roles

2f37fbc6
Community Member

Feedback on my profile would greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

J.O

ahmad-sharjeel
Community Member

I love this idea, would really appreciate if someone help me.

hello sir, can you please review my profile?

vijayaachari27
Community Member

I am having very good experience in Testing and created my profile also in better articulated my experinece and skill set. I Have been submitted multiple proposale, but still not getting any assignement.

Could you please help me out. I never quoted the high price as well.

bharathraj_dxb
Community Member

Joined Upwork 2 month back, as i have 8 years of  industry knowledge and products which is not considering people when i apply.. spent nearly more than 200 connects but dind get proper outcomes.

Any suggetions guidlines please...from a upwork raising guy..

aronfrank
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I have a great knowledge of Photo Editing and retouching, Clipping Path and Image Background remove professionally in Adobe Photoshop. Also, I have a good knowledge of Graphic design. how to do start work regularly. please help me everyone.

Sincerely,

Aron Frank

hinakhalid44
Community Member

Hi, can anybody look into my profile to check whether its fine or faulty? here is the link to my profile https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~016377c08d18c7cdf4

one more question my proposal tab is always showing less number of submitted proposals but in actual i submitted more proposals, for example i submitted around 5-6 proposals but my profile is showing 3 submitted proposals, why?

one more thing i am gonna show you a template of my proposal please check it i try my best to make it simple, catchy for clients but clients...............they are not responding, i am very experiened with over 5 years of job experience though i am nw to upwork

b62da985
Community Member

I'd love some feedback. I have no idea what I'm doing. It's been so long since I've had to sell myself. Thank you!

Joan D wrote:

I'd love some feedback. I have no idea what I'm doing. It's been so long since I've had to sell myself. Thank you!

Too short, too much resume word salad. Focus on the client. What problem does he have? How will you solve it? Why should he hire you?

But first and foremost: portfolio. Clients want to see your prior work before even considering hiring you. 

cdarmanin
Community Member

Hi There, 

I'm looking to enhance my profile, on order to potentially get more opportunities for freelance work with Upwork. 

Can you suggest some helpful tools or ways I can do so?

Thanks so much 

Best Regards, 

Christina 

Hi Christina,

To learn more about what it takes to be successful on Upwork, you may check these great topics in our Resource Corner to help you create proposals that win jobs and improve your profile:

Let us know if you have further questions. Additionally, I moved your post to the tread where more experienced freelancers can review your profile and offer some great advice.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths