🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Creative Artists Illustrators and Designers.
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582

Hello artists community around the world. I am imran, practicing artist since 2004 but new to up work. would love to get in touch with the global artists and designers community, would love to share and learn creative ideas. feel free to get in touch for creative ideas. 

🙂

687ed09c
Community Member

I would like some honest feedback.

Thank you in advance.

AMIR I wrote:

I would like some honest feedback.

Thank you in advance.

I am not sure in which country you are living but that does not make you a native speacker of the language. Your portfolio item makes is clear that you should not translate into French or English.

Can you please specify what do you mean?
I didn't understand you fully.
I am from djibouti, a french speaking country. I am currently living in
Turkey for Education purposes.
I studied english language for more than 8 years.
What about my portfolio?

Hi, I am new at Upwork. Following in my profile link

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/~01a520d15068fcf9a3/

Can someone please look into my profile and let me know how can I make it better?

I have submitted several proposals but haven't got any job yet.

Thank you so much in advance.

I am new to hear in Upwork. Please review my profile, and tell me my profile is good or not good. I am confused about my profile. Please solve the problem now. I am waiting for your reply. Thank you.

@Nadja - I started on Upwork this week. Would you be able to please review my profile and provide feedback? Right now, I am trying to determine if my all work profile should be a combo of my two specialty profiles or should it be a completely different "specialty?" For instance, I would like to offer services as a virtual admin, career coaching, and creative writing, but I would want to charge different rates for all of them. Should the all work profile be just for virtual admin skills or should I combine all three skill sets in the all work profile and denote that the rate is reflective of virtual admin services? 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~017dd710210750e7a4?viewMode=1

Thank you so much for replying and reviewing my profile! 

Melissa 

Melissa M wrote:

@Nadja - I started on Upwork this week. Would you be able to please review my profile and provide feedback? Right now, I am trying to determine if my all work profile should be a combo of my two specialty profiles or should it be a completely different "specialty?" For instance, I would like to offer services as a virtual admin, career coaching, and creative writing, but I would want to charge different rates for all of them. Should the all work profile be just for virtual admin skills or should I combine all three skill sets in the all work profile and denote that the rate is reflective of virtual admin services? 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~017dd710210750e7a4?viewMode=1

Thank you so much for replying and reviewing my profile! 

Melissa 

Melissa, your profile is definitely unique. I do think you should separate your specialized skills into specialized profiles so you can give each one full attention. Your approach is a little different in your description, but I think it's impactful. You've definitely identified a "unique selling point." 

Things that will help make your profile more robust (which I say over and over 🙂 ) is to add testimonials. Do you have any clients who got jobs after you revised their resumes that you could send testimonial requests to? Also, could you make a portfolio piece or add a portfolio of before/after? Or make a case study for your portfolio? It's probably harder in your field (as in mine) to show samples, but maybe a case study or a dummy example would at least give you something in that portfolio space that clients could look at. 

Hi!

Could you check my profile and provide me with feedback. I will appreciate it!
Thank you!

sumanfl
Community Member

Hi Farman,

I have visited your profile. And as per my opinion, your profile is ok. But after long days, now you should require to send proposal everyday to your niche. This will help your profile to shine again. That's all. Best of luck.

Thank You

Suman B.

af792128
Community Member

I would love to get feedback too, Thanks in advance!

che-chi
Community Member

please check my profile and give me feedback. I started Upwork about 3 months ago got my first gig but since then I have been sending out tones of proposals with no response 

Chi - I am new also. I would ask someone that could give you a better
opinion. Sorry, and Good Luck

Hi Chi- Can I Ask for your favor? Please check my profile if I'm in a right page? Thank you

have you got the feedback?

Hi,

My profile is back! Thanks to the Upwork support system.

Kindly send in your reviews and feedbacks on my profile

mdshadak
Community Member

Grow Profile

593b6e9d
Community Member

Love to hear positive criticism from you guys.

Hi Zaid,

You will need to complete your freelancer application and submit it for a review. Once the review is completed, our team will reach out to you with the results.
To learn more about getting started on Upwork, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I am a new Upwork member and would like to have some suggestions regarding how can I attract clients to get some work. Most of the time we see that clients tend to hire people with past work experience. But what if I just want to start and don't have any work history. In that case, what can I do to get some clients in Upwork?

Hi Sumaiya,

I have visited your profile and it looks great.

In my opinion there are some imporvements which can help you out in winning contracts on Upwork.

1.You should have two seprate specialized profile for each of your skill. (Graphic Designer and Content Writer)

2.Stay online. For that purpose you can install Upwork freelancer app on your mobile.

3.Bid regularly. You should bid at least five to seven job postings on daily basis.

4.Reply promptly whenever client message you for interview.

5.Upgrade and polish your skill regularly.

Thank you

Rizwan can you check my profile too.

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/3ddesigner

Please help me with my profile

Hi,

I am new at upwork. Kindly review my profile and provide your feedback.

Regards,

Hello everyone.

Can anyone visit my profile and review it. What I need to improve in my profile in order to get more jobs.

Hi Shahbaz,

I have reviewed your profile here are some of my suggestions:

1.Have two specialized profile. It will help you out in grabing more clients related to your skill.

2.Add some details in your other experiences.

3.Add more detail in your portfolio.

4.Bid regularly on job postings.

5.Always online through Upwork freelancer app.

6.Reply promptly to potential client.

Thank you

Hi Rizwan
How are you
I am the new gays on upwork, i have the professional skills, mention on my profile. I have send proposals for different projects which corlate to my experties,Skills and profile but unable to take any order

Can you please review my profile also suggest changes which you feel necessay to make profile more attractive and successfull

Muhammad T wrote:
Hi Rizwan
How are you
I am the new gays on upwork, i have the professional skills, mention on my profile. I have send proposals for different projects which corlate to my experties,Skills and profile but unable to take any order

Can you please review my profile also suggest changes which you feel necessay to make profile more attractive and successfull

Your profile is private, you must make it public so that we can see it.
No need to create more posts. If someone wants to give you a comment, they will.

Hello everyone,

Please review my profile and let me know what do I need to improve. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Muhammad Ali

Can someone check my profile and give feedback

As proofreading is he main service you offer, you need to proofread your profile. You haven't capitalized the title of a book you mention in it. Also, you should work at the rate you advertise in your profile. You say it's $20 an hour, but you proofread a 75,000-word book for $10. Your rates need to be consistent.

Repetitive, too many errors, not engaging.

dbaeef0a
Community Member

Hi Ngam,

I have some suggestions for your profile.

1.Please add more detail to your profile.

2.Add portfolio. Portfolio is missing in your profile.

3.100% complete your profile and start bidding.

4.Always online te reply any potential client.

5.Install Upwork freelance app in your mobile so you can always be ahead of new jobs.

Thank you

Hi, I have upload my video three days before but not showing on my profile whats the reason. i have already upload the video on my youtube and i paste that link on my profile but the video not show to me so please tell me🙏

daucas14
Community Member

I would love this and it will be more helpful for my profile to get started as I am a newbie on this platform. 

Thanks!

9dd6f181
Community Member

Your profile is set to private. 

Then what should I do?
638e1470
Community Member

Hello Everyone,

I am new here.

Please assist review my profile to be sure that I am good to go.

Thank you all.

mekailbd
Community Member

Hi, I am Mekail Rahman, From Bangladesh. Here is my profile.  Can you help me?

Regards,

Mekail R
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths