🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Fre...
Page options
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Get Profile Feedback from Experienced Freelancers on Upwork

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Cheers,
Mike
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,582 REPLIES 3,582
383f891f
Community Member

Any sort of feedback is welcome.

Could someone pleasd go through my profile and inform me on ways to improve so that I can get more jobs?
773e051b
Community Member

Mike J wrote:

Hi New Upwork Freelancers!

Getting started on Upwork can take a lot of work and focus. To help make this process a little easier, we’ve created this post where you can request feedback on your profile. The Community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others. These users will review your profile and provide feedback based on their experience.

If you’re interested in requesting help, make sure your profile visibility is not set to “Private” and then reply below. 

We’re excited to see how Community members can continue to help each other to grow!

Hello good day all, please i humbly request that an experienced freelancer can help me review my profile just as said here. looking forward to that soon.thanks in advance.

937a20f1
Community Member

yes sir

Hi Adarsh,

Could you please clarify your concern?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

how should i imrove the portfoliio?

khenz211
Community Member

As a freelancer on upwork want to seek people's opinion about my profile, do you think it is good enough for me to get hired? Looking forward to your response,
regards,
Kenny.
endux
Community Member

Hi Mike,

I would love to get feedback on my profile. I have thick skin so please don't hold back 😉

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0144fb54bf1a491cb1

aditipie
Community Member

That's a good start, Emil X. Few things to consider: 

1. Overview section in the specilaized profile can be different from general profile. 

2. The portfolio needs to have more projects, more variety.

3. Consider adding testimonials from previous clients. 

bd1d51e7
Community Member

Hi,
Can u please review my profile.

Thanks,
Aamer
sk-writes
Community Member

i need my profile reviewed please help

sk-writers
sk-writes
Community Member

Sir, with all respect could you please check my profile and provide me feed back i will appreciate it , thanks!

sk-writers
sk-writes
Community Member

i need a job here but and profile review

sk-writers
ana-semedo
Community Member

Hi, I would like to get freedback on my profile.  Thank you!

ematallaw
Community Member

I would love to get the community feedback on my profile.

Thank you to all who help.

cac4325e
Community Member

Hi! 

I would very much appreciate any feedback on my new profile here on Upwork!

Best regards,

Anita

Anita M wrote:

Hi! 

Best regards,

Anita

I personally don't care much for when people call themselves rockstars, but hey, I'm not looking to hire an VA. Switch the paragraphs, your skills first, your experience (if you must) last. I would shorten the experience section a bit by removing the typical resume word salad, giving your profile a more personal touch. 

Thanks Martina. Really appreciate the feedback.

Hi Martina, 

I would love some feedback on my profile. Thank you so much in advance!

Jeanine W wrote:

Hi Martina, 

I would love some feedback on my profile. Thank you so much in advance!

It looks good! I really like the portfolio section, very attractive. 

You created a specialized profile, but have the same text in both - don't do that, use it to be more specific about the skills you offer. Your overview is a bit short, maybe expand it a bit. 

Finally, you compete with a very large number of other freelancers, so make the most of your profile. Research your competition and see what they offer, and how they do that. 

Thanks

Hi! 

Best regards,

Kaan

That's really helpful, thank you.
sudiptasskd
Community Member

Please check my profile.

sudiptasskd
Community Member

Please review my profile and provide feedback based on my experience.
Thanks!

tellemonstar
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Upwork, and would love someone to have a look over my profile to see if there is anything I need to change or that might help me start gettig some jobs.

Regards,

Chantelle

Chantelle M wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Upwork, and would love someone to have a look over my profile to see if there is anything I need to change or that might help me start gettig some jobs.

Regards,

Chantelle

The text in both your main and specialized profiles is too similar, change that to be more specific to the seperate skills. (You probably created a specialized profile, found out you can't delete it, and in exasparation put some text in there just to get it done. I get that. But it shows...)

Otherwise - it's a good start! Refine it some more, I want a writer's profile to dazzle me before I'd hire him/her. (I am not looking to hire a writer.) Research your competition, which is vast, and see how they do that. 

Thanks for the feedback Martina. I thought that might have been the case. I hope it's better now after a review and change.

chappy1
Community Member

Hi !  It's my first day and first post on Upwork.  I made it!  Now I'd love some honest critique on my profile.  Any help is appreciated as I am quite the rookie.   - Lance

Lance C wrote:

Hi !  It's my first day and first post on Upwork.  I made it!  Now I'd love some honest critique on my profile.  Any help is appreciated as I am quite the rookie.   - Lance

Your text is much too short. Expand on exactly what services you offer, make a list of specific examples. It would be great if you had anything to put into the portfolio section with a nice thumbnail on it - you want to capture attention and make a client spend more than a mere few seconds (if that) on your profile. (I should not have to explain to a marketing professional how to sell himself, sooooooooo....... 😉

Also, your rate is too low. 

Hi Martina P

Sorry to bother you but I see you are very active in the comment section and did profile reviews for other freelancers, so I want to ask you if you can review my profile, please? I requested on page 47 but no reply yet after a few weeks. I will appreciate it if you do this favor for me.

Thanks

Fay

Fay A wrote:

Hi Martina P

Sorry to bother you but I see you are very active in the comment section and did profile reviews for other freelancers, so I want to ask you if you can review my profile, please? I requested on page 47 but no reply yet after a few weeks. I will appreciate it if you do this favor for me.

Thanks

Fay

It looks really good! The only thing - clients can only see the first 2 lines of your profile before they click on it - so don't waste it with a greeting. Delete the first line and the empty line. Otherwise, all good!

Hi Martina P

Thank you for the great feedback. I will delate those lines. Always I optimize my profile by reading articles on Upwork, and watching youtube videos but needed to know if I was on the right track so this helps a lot thank you again, Martina.  

TIP: for new freelancers, always optimize your profile by seeking knowledge and asking the community members. I am here to help anyone needing a profile review.

Fay

uyas
Community Member

Hi,

I have been on upwork (odesk) since 2008. Now I am trying to continue on it and give more time. I usually don't add screenshots of the Mobile apps because most of the time I do not have permission to do so.

So by looking at my profile do you think that I am capable of getting projects? 

Please note: I have recently submitted many proposals. I got the messages back from the client which is good but none of them offered me the projects.

I am a little curious about it.

Thanks for reading  🙂

43f56c64
Community Member

Hi Team,

I am new to freelance and I wish to start as part-time. I have 9+ years of experience in .NET Technologies and I am a full-stack developer. I need your support to get into a very challenging project.

Please provide your advice to start with.

Regards,

Prakash S

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

malikusman93
Community Member

im not able to upload profile picture its keep givinf me error how can i do it

Hi Osman

I see your profile picture clearly so is uploaded. Unless you want to change this? check your profile as visitors then you will be able to see how your profile looks..

Thanks

6666da7e
Community Member

Hi, would you please check my profile, and provide me suggession how to improve? Thanking you in advance.

ab6e4944
Community Member

Sir I am newbie , I am interested and want to earn by online to show my interest and loyalty , I want to make a project but how I can create a project don't know nothing please help me . thanks
d_gebeyehu
Community Member

Dear Mike J, could you look at my profile and give me your feedback. I would appreciate it..Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Daniel
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths